1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Little Einstein Strikes Again

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by MontanaBob, May 20, 2008.

1. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Everyone needs a laugh now and then, but our Junior Einstein is giving us more that his share recently. :lol:
    We were outside yesterday for PE, playing kickball. Now my rules are a bit different than regular kickball, at least for this game. The entire team gets to kick once each inning they are up. And there are no force outs...runners on base do not have to run to the next base when the ball is kicked. So a team can "load up" a base with say 5 runners and they can advance seperately, all at the same time or whatever.
    Einstein is covering 3rd base and the kicking team has second base "loaded" with 4 runners...all girls. I can pretty much tell what is coming by the looks on their faces....Albert is gonna get killed. :twisted:
    The ball is kicked his way and here come 4 girls bearing down on him. For a split second he hesitates, which becomes his undoing, then throws the ball at the storm troopers hoping to hit at least one of them. He did, only the girl he manages to nail is an AAU Junior Olympic Soccer player. Her foot speed reaction was incredible, and she delivers a knockout kick right at our comedians .......well, you get the picture. He saw stars..in fact I bet he saw the whole Milky Way. :shock:

At least today we didn't need a change of sweat pants! :lol:

2. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    You got some wierd games out that way.. what is torpedo ball anyway?

3. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    BTW.. I think Einstein needs to buy some safety gear for PE... relatively speaking of course.

4. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Last I knew for Torpedo Ball you needed two nuclearSubs, some torpedos and a target. :lol:
    If I remember, and I don't play this game btw, you have three teams. Two teams line up on each side of the gym loaded with ammo, and the third team starts at one end of the gym and the team members try to get down to the other end without getting "torpedoed."
    Then another team trys and so on, and all survivors get the Medal of Honor while those hit get medical benfits and an icepack.

As for weird games, I try to change games to keep the interest up and heaven forbid, make the kids THINK what is going on. Something many today can't do unless they have a computer, IPod, or cell phone in their hands.

5. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    My boy, T, came home this winter with a new game they learned in PE.. in the snow.. two teams and something to do with throwing the ball into the snow.. being you are in the snow belt.. thought maybe you would know of such a game.. T couldn't explain the object of the game very well.. but then again maybe there is no object to it other than to tire the kids out running in the deep snow..

I was all for tiring them out.. that way when all the neighborhood kids come over to play in the winter time I have a way to wear them out and return to the peace and quiet. :lol:

6. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know that one, but it could be any of several games. Most of our games in the snow here consist of trying to find the short kids in class who get stuck up to their shoulders in fresh powder.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Wow........that kid will be singing soprano by junior high!

8. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bob - You're going to miss school. Don't retire.

9. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah Zombieslayer, I'm going to miss school, but not enough to think of un-retiring. My papers are in, signed, sealed and delivered.
    I've had a lot of kids and parents telling me not to retire, but you know when it's time, and it's time. I'll have these goofy memories of the crazy things kids do and that will keep me going.

Maybe Junior Einstein can pull off one more act of his critical thinking skills before the end. We have 16 days to go and I've got his class 6 more times. Lots of time for him to give me a memorable farewell.

10. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Thats not what I heard. I have heard speculation that you were "forced" into retirement and that there is a possibility that you might un retire and teach for another school. All speculation of course.

11. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Quiet there IronMan...you weren't suppossed to leak that out. Now the paparozzi will be hounding me night and day, TV cameras following my every move. :lol:

Sorry.....in 16 days I'm history here. :D

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I heard you got a guest spot on "Letterman".............are you gonna leak something out????? :shock:

(If so, i suggest stopping at the store for some "Depends" before the show!!!) :lol: