1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Little E to Hendrick???

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Packnic, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    I live next door to DEI, so i will keep you guys updated on how many rednecks heads blow up trying to think about Jr and Gordon on the same team. im kind of scared to leave my house right now... if you see a riot in Mooresville, NC ... send an armored truck for me.

:noflame:

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Man....a riot there!?!?!?
    If so, there will be alot of empty trailor parks! :rotflmao:
    Hey.........is Mooresville anywhere near "Mayberry?" Maybe Barney Fife and Andy can keep the locals from rioting! :rotflmao: :thumbsup:
    Barney will "Nip it in the bud!" :rotflmao:

3. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    [​IMG]

Feel safer now :doh:

Can you imagine the trama that some will endure.... nobodies fault but Theresa's.... Does he get to keep the 8 car and Budweiser as a sponsor?

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOLOL!!! I LOVE ol' Barney!!! :thumbsup:

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    trailer

6. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hmmm...need a roomie??? ;)

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Boy 4pack........you haven't lost a step, have you???LOLOL!!! :rotflmao:

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Uh oh.......the spellin po leese r hear!
    Gess eye bettr lern ta spelll the wurds write ba4 i cume on hear ta talk.
    Dunt wanna get in trubble an endup in Zerows jale! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

9. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    No Bud for JR..... that is kind of shocking to me from the Bud prespective, wonder if Hendrick's denied that partnership then turned to Pepsi or the other way around?

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=2&id=2935147

Now it's known who won't have Budweiser as a primary sponsor in 2008.

Hendrick Motorsports announced Friday that Dale Earnhardt Jr. will not bring the "King of Beers" with him when he drives for the team next season. Hendrick did not say who will be Earnhardt's primary sponsor instead of Budweiser, which Earnhardt has driven for since he first entered NASCAR nearly a decade ago.

"We have agreements in place with sponsors for the 2008 NASCAR Sprint Cup season, which prevent us from having a relationship with Budweiser," team owner Rick Hendrick said in a news release. "Honoring our commitments is important to us. The trade-off is missing an opportunity to bring Budweiser, a marquee brand synonymous with NASCAR and its fans, into the fold."

ESPN.com previously reported that PepsiCo Inc., possibly with the Mountain Dew brand or a combination of Pepsi products, is expected to sponsor Earnhardt next season at Hendrick, while Anheuser-Busch is negotiating with Evernham Motorsports to possibly move the Bud sponsorship to Kasey Kahne's No. 9 Dodge next season.

"To climb into that red Budweiser car each weekend has always been a privilege," Earnhardt said in the release. "Although Budweiser and I will be unable to continue our partnership beyond this season, I remain committed to driving for Bud the rest of this year, and will continue to make it my beer of choice.

Earnhardt has a personal services contract with Budweiser that runs through 2008.

The team has not announced a timetable for its sponsorship announcements.

Budweiser did not immediately announce which driver it will sponsor, but indicated that it would remain an active NASCAR sponsor. Terry Labonte, Darrell Waltrip, Bill Elliott, Ken Schrader, Ricky Craven and Wally Dallenbach have previously driven Budweiser-sponsored cars.

"Budweiser has sponsored Dale Jr. for nearly a decade, and we wish him the very best," said Tony Ponturo, vice president of global media and sports marketing for Anheuser-Busch Inc. "Budweiser will remain an active sponsor of NASCAR, and we look forward to building upon the legacy of the iconic Budweiser red car in 2008 and beyond."

Earnhardt said it would be "cool" if Budweiser decided to stick with DEI, but believes there might be substance to rumors that the company is looking at sponsoring Kahne.

"You hear the rumors -- they've been looking at Kasey Kahne for about two months now in case things weren't going to work out, I guess," Earnhardt said. "So they've definitely been entertaining some ideas on other drivers. Kasey would really have a lot of fun with that. I think they would enjoy Kasey, might bring him out of his shell a little bit."

Earnhardt announced in June that he would leave Dale Earnhardt Inc. to join the Hendrick team next season, but Hendrick has not yet made it clear what number car Earnhardt will drive or who his sponsor will be.

Kyle Busch, who is leaving the Hendrick team at the end of the season to make room for Earnhardt, currently drives a No. 5 car with sponsorship from Kellogg's and several other companies.

Earnhardt said he had some regrets about splitting with the Budweiser brand, but he's excited to see what new sponsorship deals the team will put together.

"We felt like we possibly only accomplished half of what we could do together, so that part of it's kind of unfortunate," Earnhardt said. "Sure, I would have loved to continue working with Bud. But under the circumstances, that's not a possibility. We'll have to change our frame of mind and see what the possibilities are for our primary sponsors next year. Those should be in line with what I like and what I enjoy, and I'm excited to put that together."

10. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Read this earlier today at work and well pretty much knew it was going to happen when Hendrick said he had his four major sponsors already. Kind of a bummer, but I'm excited to see the new major sponsor and design.

I hope to **** all none sense it is NOT freaking Kelloggs.

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Remember this jingle???
    K-E- double L, O double good KELLOGGS best to YOU!!! :thumbsup: