List of UDFAs signed with Packers

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Very untrue. Gaining weight doesn't mean getting fatter. I see your point, but tell me...if a guy gains 10 pounds of muscle by hitting the gym twice as hard, doing cardio and weights, will he be faster or slower? Ask Jermichael Finley. You can gain weight and athleticism at the same time. That's where the "freak athletes" come from.

I think nobody´s getting faster by gaining weight, doesn´t matter if the added weight consists of muscles only.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think nobody´s getting faster by gaining weight, doesn´t matter if the added weight consists of muscles only.

It does though. Let's not go through a science class about force and matter on a football forum though. Agree to disagree. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that if those RBs were brought in to truly compete for a roster spot Franklin's neck injury is more severe than the team wants to let us know.

Also, I suspect the staff doesn't trust Franklin to hold onto the football.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don´t think that´s an issue at the moment. They´d better stop calling such stupid plays to start with.

Yeah, what the hell would you do running straight into 300 pound lineman when you're the size of franklin? That was a play calling mistake from the start. I didn't blame that loss on franklin whatsoever. He was one of the biggest reasons we were in the position to win anyway.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because of his rookie year? So you think montee ball is going to be out of the picture in Denver?

Montee didn't fumble in college. Franklin had issues holding onto the ball at Cal.

I don't have any inside information. I'm just speculating. For all the Franklin love around here, the staff has seemed apprehensive about giving him touches after coughing it up against the Bengals...

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Montee didn't fumble in college. Franklin had issues holding onto the ball at Cal.

I don't have any inside information. I'm just speculating. For all the Franklin love around here, the staff has seemed apprehensive about giving him touches after coughing it up against the Bengals...

While Franklin had issues holding on to the ball during the first three season at UCLA he only fumbled once in 282 carries during his senior year.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, what the hell would you do running straight into 300 pound lineman when you're the size of franklin? That was a play calling mistake from the start. I didn't blame that loss on franklin whatsoever. He was one of the biggest reasons we were in the position to win anyway.

If a RB can't be expected to hold onto the ball when running into 300 pound linemen, then I wouldn't trust him either.

You and WIMM seem interested in resurrecting an old debate concerning the play call at the end of last year's Cincy game. Seems like we should keep this discussion on track concerning the staff's confidence in our stable of RBs.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Here's a list of the signing bonuses the Packers handed out to their UDFA signings. In addition all of them received three-year, minimum deals ($420K in 2014, $510K in 2015 and $600K in 2016).

ILB Jake Doughty, Utah State, $5,000
ILB Joe Thomas, South Carolina State, $5,000
OLB Jay Elliott, Toledo, $5,000
OLB Adrian Hubbard, Alabama, $5,000
T John Fullington, Washington State, $5,000
DL Carlos Gray, North Carolina State, $4,000
QB Chase Rettig, Boston College, $3,500
G Jordan McCray, Central Florida, $3,500
DL Mike Pennel, Colorado State-Pueblo, $3,500
RB LaDarius Perkins, Mississippi State, $3,000
S Tanner Miller, Iowa, $2,000
CB Ryan White, Auburn, $2,000
RB Rajion Neal, Tennessee, $2,000
TE Justin Perillo, Maine, $2,000

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a list of the signing bonuses the Packers handed out to their UDFA signings. In addition all of them received three-year, minimum deals ($420K in 2014, $510K in 2015 and $600K in 2016).

ILB Jake Doughty, Utah State, $5,000
ILB Joe Thomas, South Carolina State, $5,000
OLB Jay Elliott, Toledo, $5,000
OLB Adrian Hubbard, Alabama, $5,000
T John Fullington, Washington State, $5,000
DL Carlos Gray, North Carolina State, $4,000
QB Chase Rettig, Boston College, $3,500
G Jordan McCray, Central Florida, $3,500
DL Mike Pennel, Colorado State-Pueblo, $3,500
RB LaDarius Perkins, Mississippi State, $3,000
S Tanner Miller, Iowa, $2,000
CB Ryan White, Auburn, $2,000
RB Rajion Neal, Tennessee, $2,000
TE Justin Perillo, Maine, $2,000

Not surprising. Spent the most on our highest need. I read about perillo and watched an interview. I like the kid, just not as a packer, or an nfl player in general. He just doesn't have the right size or skills to make it. Which explains the lowest signing bonus.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers haven´t signed DE Denico Autry after all as he didn´t pass the physical because of some minor injuries.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A little trivia for you all (or y'all if you're living south of the line). Below are the UDFAs that have made the 53-man coming out of camp the past few years:

2009: Evan Dietrich-Smith
2010: Nick McDonald, Sam Shields, Frank Zombo
2011: MD Jennings, Jamari Lattimore, Vic So'oto
2012: Dezman Moses, Don Barclay, Sean Richardson
2013: Andy Mulumba, Lane Taylor, Chris Banjo, Jarrett Boykin -- honorable mention to Myles White and Jake Stoneburner for being brought up from the practice squad

That's pretty good production out of what I call the secondary draft.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

A little trivia for you all (or y'all if you're living south of the line). Below are the UDFAs that have made the 53-man coming out of camp the past few years:

2009: Evan Dietrich-Smith
2010: Nick McDonald, Sam Shields, Frank Zombo
2011: MD Jennings, Jamari Lattimore, Vic So'oto
2012: Dezman Moses, Don Barclay, Sean Richardson
2013: Andy Mulumba, Lane Taylor, Chris Banjo, Jarrett Boykin -- honorable mention to Myles White and Jake Stoneburner for being brought up from the practice squad

That's pretty good production out of what I call the secondary draft.

Boykin made the team as an UDFA in 2012.

Brett Favre 4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rettig is a pretty good pickup. I've watched him play, he was also a 4 year starter at BC so that's good to have. I thought we also brought in a QB for a look from Memphis by the name of Jacob Karam.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Rettig is a pretty good pickup. I've watched him play, he was also a 4 year starter at BC so that's good to have. I thought we also brought in a QB for a look from Memphis by the name of Jacob Karam.

I don´t think Rettig is anything more than a camp body as McCarthy prefers to have four QB in camp. He´s completed only 55.2% of his passes during his college career, throwing 52 TDs with 39 INTs. Karam was invited to tryout at this week´s rookie camp, but hasn´t been signed to the roster so far.

Dez Moses was a 7th, not a UDFA

Moses went undrafted in 2012.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds like Thomas is an intriguing prospect. I would think that Adrian Hubbard has the best chance of making the team as an UDFA though.

He's an intriguing one. 6'6" 257 outside linebacker who plays the run well and has the speed to cover tight ends. Don't know if he'd be able to play the middle, but imagine trying to throw down the middle over him...

Members online

Latest posts