List of UDFAs signed with Packers

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Since they both went UDFA, we should've signed Chris Davis, who is a decent corner and pretty good returner. But Ted got outsmarted again, this time by San Diego.

Did you ever think that there are some undrafted guys out there who don´t want to play for the Packers???

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Memphis QB Jacob Karam will participate in the rookie orientation camp on a tryout while James Madison LB/DL Jordan Stanton, who was scheduled to be in Green Bay for the camp as well, has signed an undrafted deal with the Giants.

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Sims was a 4 year starter at Kansas. 2012 rushed for over 1000 despite missing 2-3 games due to a suspension and one of the worst passing attack I've ever seen. 2013 James ran for another 1100 yards and dominated in the Kansas first conference win in like 3 years. He's a smart running back who knows when to attack the hole and when to be patient. Reason he went undrafted is he is a very slow running back. (Lacy would likely be a burner compared to him). As a KU fan I hope he succeeds, but I think he will have to catch on at another team to make it.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you ever think that there are some undrafted guys out there who don´t want to play for the Packers???

What you mean the front office can't just go out and club these kids on the head before dragging them back to Green Bay by the hair?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Oh let's not start with the personal attacks again here.
Over two years ago you posted ‘what’s wrong with creating a White Power group?’. From that time until today, you have never repudiated that racist statement. Ignorance of such groups may have been an excuse at the time but it no longer is. I'd prefer to not have to deal with racists at all. Failing that I'd prefer making general statements against racism. But you are the only person peddling this crap on this site.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are the chances that Joe Thomas steps in and starts for us at ILB? Reading about him, that doesnt exactly look as farfetched as it sounds.

fritothedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a couple Oklahoma State players picked up by the Packers too. Tracy Moore was a decent WR in college but I am not sure how we will do in the pros. He was invited to the combine last year and decided to stay in school, then he wasn't invited this year. Shaun Lewis was a good LB in college, but again, I have doubts about it translating to the NFL. He made plays occasionally but I never thought of him as an elite LB by any means. My guess is both stay on the practice squad for awhile, if they see playing time it probably won't be with the Pack. Hope they both prove me wrong and light it up though.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

What are the chances that Joe Thomas steps in and starts for us at ILB? Reading about him, that doesnt exactly look as farfetched as it sounds.

It sounds like Thomas is an intriguing prospect. I would think that Adrian Hubbard has the best chance of making the team as an UDFA though.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I saw a couple Oklahoma State players picked up by the Packers too. Tracy Moore was a decent WR in college but I am not sure how we will do in the pros. He was invited to the combine last year and decided to stay in school, then he wasn't invited this year. Shaun Lewis was a good LB in college, but again, I have doubts about it translating to the NFL. He made plays occasionally but I never thought of him as an elite LB by any means. My guess is both stay on the practice squad for awhile, if they see playing time it probably won't be with the Pack. Hope they both prove me wrong and light it up though.

Haven´t read anything about any of them being picked up by the Packers, would assume they will try out at the rookie camp though. So I think it´s premature to talk about them being placed on the practice squad.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh let's not start with the personal attacks again here.
I don't advocate violence at all, except in self-defense... I just think if it's fair for one group, it should be fair for the others.

This is 2014, not 1964.
I don't believe there should be BET, United ***** College Fund, Miss Black America, etc. but since there is, I believe there should be able to be the vice versa's as well.
That's all.

Back to football. This is why I have you on ignore, but bit this time and clicked the SEE IGNORED CONTENT.

Not to push this conversation too far afield but there is a difference between certain groups celebrating say black history versus someone creating a "White group." For starters there are plenty of "white" ethnic pride organizations such as German, French, Irish, Italian etc that celebrate history and culture of said ethnic group. You see Black groups partly because many African Americans have no idea where their ancestors came from, through no fault of those ancestors. Said groups are further bonded through shared familial experience with slavery, lynchings and segregation.

No Frank it's not the same, I bet you can tell us all where your family came from. I also wager that no one would criticize you for celebrating your heritage.

Last edited:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds like Thomas is an intriguing prospect. I would think that Adrian Hubbard has the best chance of making the team as an UDFA though.

Thomas looks like he needs a full NFL off season, perhaps he's an IR candidate?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Thomas looks like he needs a full NFL off season, perhaps he's an IR candidate?

If the Packers put him on IR he´s not allowed to practice with the team for the entire season. I´d rather sign him to the practice squad.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This would go to our GMs moves intelligence and reputation then

Are you serious? They have to consider: weather, defensive or offensive scheme, position depth, coaches, area, they're choosing a place they may end up calling home for at least a year. It's a lot more than GM rep. I'd say TT has a good rep with UDFA making the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fritothedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haven´t read anything about any of them being picked up by the Packers, would assume they will try out at the rookie camp though. So I think it´s premature to talk about them being placed on the practice squad.
You may be right. I saw on the Ok State board it said they were both signed by the Packers. I haven't seen anything from the Packers saying the same though. Moore posted a pic on Instagram. Lewis played for Houston before transferring to Oklahoma State and Houston congratulated him for being signed by the Packers via Twitter, I assume it is official.

Sorry, I am not sure how to embed social media links on this site.
Here is the thread that linked to them though.
http://www.orangepower.com/threads/free-agent-camp-tracker.187301/

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers bring in another UDFA in DL Luther Robinson out of Miami (FL).

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
never hurts to bring in these eager youngsters looking to make it to the big time..... one or two may just be a gem. TT has been decent at finding UDFA guys. I hope a couple work out and go on to contribute to our needs.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have officially announced the signing of 12 undrafted free agents:

Jake Doughty, LB, Utah State
Jay Elliott, LB, Toledo
Carlos Gray, DE, NC State
Adrian Hubbard, LB, Alabama
Jordan McCray, G, Central Florida
Rajion Neal, RB, Tennessee
Mike Pennel, DT, Colorado State-Pueblo
Justin Perillo, TE, Maine
LaDarius Perkins, RB, Mississippi State
Chase Rettig, QB, Boston College
Joe Thomas, LB, South Carolina State
DB Ryan White, DB, Auburn

To make more room for undrafted free agents the Packers released LB Chase Thomas. As of right now the Packers have 87 players on their roster.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  1. Jake Doughty, LB, Utah State
  2. Jayrone Elliott, LB, Toledo
  3. Adrian Hubbard, LB, Alabama
  4. Mike Pennel, DT, Colorado State-Pueblo
  5. Justin Perillo, TE, Maine
  6. Joe Thomas, LB, South Carolina State
  7. DB Ryan White, DB, Auburn
I think those are the only 7 who have a chance.
Let's hope one of the ILB's really step up and push their way to the top, and replace either Brad Jones or AJ Hawk.

If Perry gets hurt earlier than normal this season, in the pre-season instead of early in the regular season, then maybe Hubbard will take his job.

Our TE's are still subpar, so maybe this Perillo guy has a chance.

If White can play safety, he could be our #3 or #4 safety.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I expect them to be just bodies for the rookie orientation camp and don´t expect any of them to make it to camp.
I'm telling you, Perkins and Neal are REALLY good. Perkins might as well be Harris, which leads me to believe there are some concerns there. I fully expect them to fight for spots, be it on the roster, or at least the PS

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I'm telling you, Perkins and Neal are REALLY good. Perkins might as well be Harris, which leads me to believe there are some concerns there. I fully expect them to fight for spots, be it on the roster, or at least the PS

I think that if those RBs were brought in to truly compete for a roster spot Franklin's neck injury is more severe than the team wants to let us know.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

It's amazing how quick football players can gain or lose weight for a job.

He´s only 6-1 though and ran a 40 of 4.70 seconds at his pro day. If Thomas adds another 10 pounds or even more he won´t be atheltic enough to play the position.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He´s only 6-1 though and ran a 40 of 4.70 seconds at his pro day. If Thomas adds another 10 pounds or even more he won´t be atheltic enough to play the position.
Very untrue. Gaining weight doesn't mean getting fatter. I see your point, but tell me...if a guy gains 10 pounds of muscle by hitting the gym twice as hard, doing cardio and weights, will he be faster or slower? Ask Jermichael Finley. You can gain weight and athleticism at the same time. That's where the "freak athletes" come from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest posts