Lions?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that Tampa is gone from the division, the Lions are back to their rightful place as the bastard child that nobody cares about. Nice black jerseys they have this year. I bet all of the gang bangers will want one. If you can't win...then go for the Carolina Panthers look. YO!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry Phil - I only wear Green & Gold....

Otherwise - if I need different colors for some reason.....?
I wear Indiana Pacers gear!

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Now that Tampa is gone from the division, the Lions are back to their rightful place as the b@st@rd child that nobody cares about. Nice black jerseys they have this year. I bet all of the gang bangers will want one. If you can't win...then go for the Carolina Panthers look. YO!
Speaking of Tampa Bay, I was on one of their forums and a few of their fans expect great things from Chris Hovan. Who knows, with Monte Kiffin coaching him, he might be a force again.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you can't sell team apparel by winning, then putting black in the team colors seems to be the trend. Or maybe Millen likes the black from his Oakland days and figured it will help them win. :-?

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am with you Packer Chick and IBPrez. Green and Gold are the best colors. Purple is one of the worst, and black is depressing.

AF Lion

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uhhhggg... I hate the black uniforms. I dont know of any Lions fans that do like them. If they wanna sell more jerseys then they should try winning more games.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the Lions jerseys look great.. in my opinion black in a football uniform is always a nice touch. the Panthers uniforms are one of my favorites.

i also have an old Packer jacket with black in it. looks a-ok to me.

AF Lion

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sunday, July 24, 2005
HERE COMES THE LAW. WILL TY SIGN WITH THE LIONS?

The debate the next few days could be where do the Lions play corner back Ty Law in a crowded secondary?

That's if Law passes his physical Monday with the Lions and looks good during a planned work out at the Lions practice facility. If every thing checks out it appears as if the Lions will sign Law, who has been telling reporters this signing is not as much about the money as it is about playing for a contender.

The Lions would upgrade their secondary if they sign Law and he's 100 percent following an injury that forced him to miss more than half the season. Law struggled during early workouts but he recently said he was close to 100 percent and was ready to make one team a contender.

Let's hope he is 100 percent because Law could slide right into the left corner spot next to Dre' Bly and replace Fernando Bryant who struggled last season in part because of injuries. Bryant did not meet expectations and would give the Lions some nice depth coming off the bench along with Chris Cash and R.W. McQuarters.
If Law plays safety he'd play along side Kenoy Kennedy and it would mean reduced playing time for Terrence Holt who I think is going to be a terrific player. The problem is some on the coaching staff are not convinced he is physical enough.

It appears as if Law is turning down offers from the New York Jets and Kansas City Chiefs. He seemed destined for New York because of the retirement of corner back Donnie Abraham.

So does this mean Law believes the Lions are a contender or just playing the most money? I spoke to a front officer person today outside the Lions organization who told me to chalk up a Lions NFC North Division title.

Maybe this will be an interesting season after all.

posted by T Foster at 8:55 PM

This would be a no lose signing as long as the Lions don't give Law a long term contract. At the very least it gives they great depth and if he is healthy haveing him on the field with Bly will be plain sick, if not they still have Bryant or Mcquarters as plan b. :)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew with da Mooch now doing his craft in the NFC North - there's be trouble.. er, I mean competition.... I have to say, this'll probably be the first time in my lifetime seeing the Lions with a real chance at the Playoffs, ever.... The Packers would do well to focus on the Lions moreso than the Vikings (sorry, Vikes) than any other Team in the Division.. I certainly don't see the Bears winning any of the two games they have with Detroit.... :roll: -- and, the Vikings will have their hands full with not only figuring out the new Bates scheme, but Mooch has never had a liking for the Vikings.. (oh geesh, a poet...) either! :shock: :puke:

This yea;rs NFC North is going to make a lot of Reporters real happy with plenty of stuff to write about,,....fer sure! Ya hey!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
I knew with da Mooch now doing his craft in the NFC North - there's be trouble.. er, I mean competition.... I have to say, this'll probably be the first time in my lifetime seeing the Lions with a real chance at the Playoffs, ever.... The Packers would do well to focus on the Lions moreso than the Vikings (sorry, Vikes) than any other Team in the Division.. I certainly don't see the Bears winning any of the two games they have with Detroit.... :roll: -- and, the Vikings will have their hands full with not only figuring out the new Bates scheme, but Mooch has never had a liking for the Vikings.. (oh geesh, a poet...) either! :shock: :puke:

This yea;rs NFC North is going to make a lot of Reporters real happy with plenty of stuff to write about,,....fer sure! Ya hey!

Packers should be focused on everybody.

Members online

Latest posts