LIONS

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions losing to Atlanta at home is pretty bad. Their hype is down I mean they're still talented but the hype generated was a bit annoying considering they haven't done much past few years.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
My sister's loving man summed it up pretty well on Detroit last night.

They should be 2-4 with their only wins being Tampa Bay and Chicago. Minnesota had them beat at home, and instead of running the clock out to win, they wanted to **** around and let them get back in the game. Dallas of all teams SHOULD HAVE beat them, instead of smirking with a 20 point lead and saying to themselves "let's the run the stats up on passing yards so we'll be a top 5 offense" it came back to bite them on the ***.First interception should have told them to stop and start running the ball to chew down the clock, so if they do start coming back, they won't have enough time.

They could have beat Atlanta, that's the funny thing, and no I don't mean by taking Matt Ryan out the game, I mean by STOPPING THE RUN. Green Bay set the blue print to beating Atlanta last year in the divisional playoffs. Once you shut down Michael Turner, and start blitzing their passing game, they are done.

Looks like their "feel good story" of the year is taking a bad turn

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...avril-of-taunting-injured-qb-matt-ryan-102311

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea, that is contained. They prevented him from going deep and grabbing TD's. The lions are a one trick pony. It's basically Randy Moss from 07 all over, except Stafford is no Brady, and there is no Wes Welker to take pressure off the deep ball. Again I'm not saying Johnson is the sole reason for their turnaround, but on the O side of the ball he is their biggest reason. If you are game planning against this team Johnson is your number one priority. Stafford doesn't look to be anything more than good at this point, not great. He makes dumb throws, gets rattled, and gets injured a lot. Of course if you can hit the QB thats always a good thing. When your entire O runs thru the deep ball, your QB gets killed far too often. I still blame Josh Mcdaniel's and his stupid Air Brady O for getting Brady's knee nuked. If your team needs to go deep to win (and the Lions do) then you will ultimately get beaten by aggressive D's that can get after the QB. The Lions are being exposed now, Stafford is getting lit up left and right, and it is all because the entire O runs thru Johnson and the deep ball.

Your definition of containment is wrong IMO...For me to contain someone is to limit their catches and yards

Johnson is not in Moss's league if you ask me..

But now look..Stafford is hurt and lets see if he doesnt play, how they do..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
imo on thanksgiving we will be 11-0 and the lions 6-4 they will put up a fight but i think we will come up on to and clinch on thankgiving

I say if Detroit has all healthy main guys, they very well can win..In fact I would not be surprised if they do

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I say if Detroit has all healthy main guys, they very well can win..In fact I would not be surprised if they do

Heck, even when Detroit wasn't on a winning streak they gave the Packers headaches. There's just something about those games.

Vinniemack84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your definition of containment is wrong IMO...For me to contain someone is to limit their catches and yards

Johnson is not in Moss's league if you ask me..

But now look..Stafford is hurt and lets see if he doesnt play, how they do..

If he doesn't play they will be far less scary, however he is hurt because of everything I said above. They live and die on the deep ball just as I said teams that have to have the deep ball to win, ultimately get their QB beat to pieces.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are starting to look beatable and not so much of a problem for the Pack.
Will be interesting to see how they do against the Broncos.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Obviously they can win but you'd be among a very small percentage of the NFL fanbase to not be surprised. In fact, I think the Lions fan base might even be surprised if they beat the Packers. That's what it's like playing the Packers, they are the champs and wins are expected. Losses are upsets and surprises.
The Lions have put together a good team no doubt. They are not elite or premier though. If you had to put money straight up Lions/Packers, Lions/Patriots, Lions/Saints who'd you take? They'll be contenders next year perhaps but they are not ready to win this year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Obviously they can win but you'd be among a very small percentage of the NFL fanbase to not be surprised. In fact, I think the Lions fan base might even be surprised if they beat the Packers. That's what it's like playing the Packers, they are the champs and wins are expected. Losses are upsets and surprises.
The Lions have put together a good team no doubt. They are not elite or premier though. If you had to put money straight up Lions/Packers, Lions/Patriots, Lions/Saints who'd you take? They'll be contenders next year perhaps but they are not ready to win this year.

Packers/Lions

Just how I feel

Opps
I would pick Lions...Their offense when working is a good one and our pass defense has issues..Plus it is Thanks giving day and for what ever reason they always play tough on that day..

The Vikings gave us fits in their place, for the most part and IMO that team on offense isnt on par with the Lions..

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
******* Denver is keeping Megatron under heavy coverage, and leaving guys WIDE *** OPEN in the endzone resulting in a touchdown.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Packers/Lions

Just how I feel

Opps
I would pick Lions...Their offense when working is a good one and our pass defense has issues..Plus it is Thanks giving day and for what ever reason they always play tough on that day..

The Vikings gave us fits in their place, for the most part and IMO that team on offense isnt on par with the Lions..
Yea, I get that it's just how you feel. But you do have to acknowledge that it would be an upset right?
Like you said their offense when working is a good one so you admit it has issues, you know, just like our pass defense.
So what if it's Thanksgiving or Christmas or New Year's? What does that have to do with anything? It's a nationally televised game so of course they always play their best. They are facing the world champs, we can expect the best from every team this year, regardless of holiday.
The Vikings didn't give us fits, we smashed them in the 3rd qtr and I don't believe for a second we've seen the best of Dom Capers and this "D" since he's not had to use it. The Vikings also beat Carolina today, you know, the same team that people say we almost lost to.
Besides, Ponder is far more mobile than Stafford and that is the single reason Ponder had such a decent day against us. Take away the first pass of the day and what kind of numbers did he put up? Also, will you kindly name one running back on the Lions team that is even in the same solar system as Adrian Peterson?
I guess you can twist and turn stats to make any argument you want but I'm still surprised as are probably most people that you think the Lions will beat the World Championship.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea, I get that it's just how you feel. But you do have to acknowledge that it would be an upset right?
Like you said their offense when working is a good one so you admit it has issues, you know, just like our pass defense.
So what if it's Thanksgiving or Christmas or New Year's? What does that have to do with anything? It's a nationally televised game so of course they always play their best. They are facing the world champs, we can expect the best from every team this year, regardless of holiday.
The Vikings didn't give us fits, we smashed them in the 3rd qtr and I don't believe for a second we've seen the best of Dom Capers and this "D" since he's not had to use it. The Vikings also beat Carolina today, you know, the same team that people say we almost lost to.
Besides, Ponder is far more mobile than Stafford and that is the single reason Ponder had such a decent day against us. Take away the first pass of the day and what kind of numbers did he put up? Also, will you kindly name one running back on the Lions team that is even in the same solar system as Adrian Peterson?
I guess you can twist and turn stats to make any argument you want but I'm still surprised as are probably most people that you think the Lions will beat the World Championship.

Hope I am wrong..

But if by chance the Lions win, just know I was ready for the loss..

Ooo yeah

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/index.nsf/Games/1997-12-gb-ind

A team that was 0-10 put a W on the Packers when they were Champs..And that Packer team still turned out okay

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
WOW

we have this thread on the lions--1 thread

Then this one, the "official" one---2 threads

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/official-packers-thanksgiving-day-game.31344/

Then this one---3 threads

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/are-the-lions-too-cocky.31356/

I locked the Lions vs the Broncos thread--Was 4 threads

4 threads? REALLY?

When there are that many on mostly same topic, people are scared or trying to make that team look more beatable

Lets stick to one thread, okay?

Use the official one for the game between the Packers and Lions, and one of the others for anything else about the Lions

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So, is it ok to post on this one? I'm confused.

I'm also getting tired of Schwartz's whining every week about one thing or the other. Now he's crying because the last game with the Broncos was billed "Good (Tebow) vs Evil (Suh)". Schwartz got his wittle feewings hurt.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
******* Denver is keeping Megatron under heavy coverage, and leaving guys WIDE *** OPEN in the endzone resulting in a touchdown.

That's the one thing NOBODY can do to the Packers. Cover Jennings, there's Nelson. Cover Nelson, there's Driver. Cover Driver, there's Jones. Cover Jones, there's Cobb.

And nobody can seem to cover Finley.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
So, is it ok to post on this one? I'm confused.

I'm also getting tired of Schwartz's whining every week about one thing or the other. Now he's crying because the last game with the Broncos was billed "Good (Tebow) vs Evil (Suh)". Schwartz got his wittle feewings hurt.

Seems like Su should have been the one with hurt feelings, not Schwartz.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
That's the one thing NOBODY can do to the Packers. Cover Jennings, there's Nelson. Cover Nelson, there's Driver. Cover Driver, there's Jones. Cover Jones, there's Cobb.

And nobody can seem to cover Finley.

Yep, and it obviously worked for Detroit yesterday on Stafford's bomb to the endzone where a guy was WIDE OPEN no one around him at all.

I actually like the Pack's 4 WR option with Jennings, Driver, Nelson, and Jones/Cobb/Finley as a 4th receiver.