Lion's player files grievance against excessive hitting.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not a joke!!!!! Apparently some unnamed (sissy) players filed a grievance with the NFLPA against the Lion's for excessive hitting during the minicamp. Some of these powder puff players apparently can't take the new coaching staffs agressive practices. I hope Marinelli finds out who it is so he can get rid of them.

Grievance will cost Marinelli OTA sessions
Lions player file grievance against excessive hitting
by Mike Fowler

ALLEN PARK - The NFL Players association today announced that the Detroit Lions will lose two days of OTA workouts due to a violation of the NFL's collective bargaining agreement's rule on off-season workouts.

According to release received from the Players Association the Lions and the NFL's Management Council agreed to the penalties as a result of excessive hitting during last week's closed minicamp session.

The release reads in part: "As a result, the Lions will forfeit two days of their off-season program (Monday and Tuesday, May 8-9). Lions’ players are not permitted to be at the facility on those two days, but will be paid for the sessions. The Club’s off-season workouts will resume on Thursday, May 11."

A press release issued by the NFLPA outlines the league's offseason workout rules and clearly states that "contact work is prohibited in all workouts and cites "'live'" blocking, tackling, pass rushing, bump-and-run" activity off limits. The release further states that the "tempo of drills should be at a level conducive to learning, with player safety as the highest priority."

Detroit is currently holding a three-day rookie and first year veteran minicamp at their Allen Park Headquarters which will wrap up on Sunday afternoon.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why do you post this here? do you WANT us to laugh and mock you and the lions.

poor lions...falling apart 4 months before the NFL Season.

OP
OP
B

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I try to be fair when I post here. If I share good news about the lion's, I feel obligated to share the bad news as well. It's my way of feeling like I bring something here besides the smack talking.

OP
OP
B

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And now, the rest of the story.....

ALLEN PARK -- Mike Fowler has learned that the Detroit Lions penalty (losing two OTA session -- essentially a two-day paid vacation for the veterans) -- was because Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz called the players back onto the field during the team's mini-camp two weekends ago after he was unhappy with a session. Once players are in the locker room, they cannot be subject to another practice, thus violating the CBA.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
why do you post this here? do you WANT us to laugh and mock you and the lions.

poor lions...falling apart 4 months before the NFL Season.

Because its better to laugh at yourself then give someone else the oppurtunity to do it for you and at you.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
And now, the rest of the story.....

ALLEN PARK -- Mike Fowler has learned that the Detroit Lions penalty (losing two OTA session -- essentially a two-day paid vacation for the veterans) -- was because Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz called the players back onto the field during the team's mini-camp two weekends ago after he was unhappy with a session. Once players are in the locker room, they cannot be subject to another practice, thus violating the CBA.

Mareienelli must be furious.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions | Marinelli wants rookies to understand pace
Fri, 5 May 2006 14:07:55 -0700

Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli said one objective he is looking to accomplish during the team's rookie minicamp is to have the team understand the pace he wants them to practice at. "That's exactly what I'm trying to do," Marinelli said. "How we practice; how we do things; the speed that we do things; the tempo that we do things. Because everybody goes about their way of teaching the system but what I try to really do is make sure they understand the pace, the fundamentals, the line drills and the pursuit drills - all of those things that are important to us. So I'm trying to get them caught up to speed and the pace so that next week when they're home, they're out running everyday to get themselves ready to go at the pace we want to play at."

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
some player(s) from Arizona got them busted for something similar to this a couple seasons back. i'm sure they were dealt with afterwards, unless of course they were productive on the field. :wink:

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 thanks for posting the Lion's info, it's nice to know what else is going on around the NFL.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez Big3............will you become a PACKER fan now??? Even your own team is giving up.......already!!!
This article is almost too funny to be real! What are their chances of winning any games, when they are fighting WAY before the season even starts?

Members online

Latest posts