Lions/Packers Week 5

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On this forum and others, I have been highly critcal of our Oline for 6+ years(I know that makes me a Viking fan or troll) but I think Bak may be the real deal for the first time in a long time. If Bulaga can stay healthy and tretter can even be average, I think we are OK. As it stands now though. Those two ifs are out, and this line will struggle. I find in unconsionable to have an AR and not protect him. (Again, I know TT has drafted tons of olineman, its not as if he's not trying, its just that he's failing).
I always wanted one of those "Magic 8 balls."
Lucky you, that you got one!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huh? Since when do players need to be cleared by the opposing team doctor???

If this is the case, I think the Packer's doctor is going to find an ailment with Stafford, Bush, Johnson, and a few others...

:rolleyes:
I'll put on a lab coat and go and pay those guys a visit.
Your welcome, Packers fans.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? Suh has been around awhile now. What has he done to terrorize us in the past?
In response, I would say Suh has faced EDS only once when he played center and that was at the end of last year. Previously, Scott Wells was our center and EDS is no Scott Wells.

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point I'm worried about every game and since the Lions are next up yes I'm nervous.
I read you loud and clear.
I won't feel good about the Packers until they start playing again like the Packers.
Just like every year, I expect them to get to the playoffs and even into the Super Bowl.
But this time, I dunno.
I'm not quite ready to give up on them yet.
I sure hope good things come back to us real soon.

Bowman57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya got me...
Ken Bowman went to my high school...
Class of 60...
I have been to one pro football game in my life...
Niners/Packers NFC Championship at Candlestick...
Packers won...
Then lost to Denver..

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
22 year winning streak at Lambeau on the line this weekend. The football gods frown on total dominance and that is what really has got me nervous for this particular game! :(

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to gang tackle Barry.....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

But can't forget about....

terriableterry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the looks of this game, should be a air war shoot out, but we should come out on top. Lions RB reggie bush is out with a broken arm as is the lion WR nate burlison, he broke his arm in a car accident. So that only leaves one real WR threat in megatron....and no run game. If we can keep N. Suh from purposely injuring our guys we should win. Our secondary will get tested by staffords big arm ability.

Sorry, but Reggie Bush got a ton of yards off of a weak Chicago defense this week. I think he ran for 139 yard, and caught 43 yards worth of passes. I can't remember a running back from Detroit running like that since Barry Sanders.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Sorry, but Reggie Bush got a ton of yards off of a weak Chicago defense this week. I think he ran for 139 yard, and caught 43 yards worth of passes. I can't remember a running back from Detroit running like that since Barry Sanders.

Any given sunday, ever heard that before? I would hope so. How is it that we rang up 30 unanswered points vs the bengals, then they rang up 20 unanswered points on us, and then they won.....yet the lowly Browns held the mighty Bengals out of the endzone and only allowed then 2 FG's? Why? Teams and players play differently each weak. Why are you scared of reggie bush? I'm not, he aint no adrian peterson. Is he good,yes...is he dynamic, yes.....but it is the Lions and I hope that people see them for what they are......and not to mention, look at who they beat...WOW...that really impresses me and the Lions got beat by the stinkin Cardinals........

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In response, I would say Suh has faced EDS only once when he played center and that was at the end of last year. Previously, Scott Wells was our center and EDS is no Scott Wells.

Didn't EDS torment Suhhie so much that Suh stomped on him? EDS may not be much of an athlete but he does anchor well.

OP
OP

12theTruth

Maybe they can get in his (Suh's) head and get him ejected from the game.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Barry Sanders was the greatest highlight reel runner to play the game but not someone I'd want on my Offense. Sure he'd make amazing jaw dropping runs and he always produced incredible stats. He might produce a 60+ yard TD any time he touched the ball, but then he'd kill your next several drives with his massive TFLs. It's pretty tough to score when you have a running back turning down a hole with a likely 5 yard gain on first and ten and then takes a 6 yard loss dancing around in the backfield. BTW his teams and Olines were much more talented than people realize. Part of Detroit's problem, way too many 3rd and longs. I'll take guys like Walter Payton and Emmitt Smith every day of the week.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't EDS torment Suhhie so much that Suh stomped on him? EDS may not be much of an athlete but he does anchor well.
I don't think it was because EDS was giving him a hard time with his play. The opportunity was there for a dirty player to take advantage. Also, EDS was playing guard in that game.

And anchor? Did you see the Redskin tackle push him all the way back to Rodgers?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
well, post up the video so I can see it later when i get home. I remember the media interview and Suh saying he was frustrated......just making the assumption thats all.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, post up the video so I can see it later when i get home. I remember the media interview and Suh saying he was frustrated......just making the assumption thats all.
Correction. I looked at the play again and EDS basically tackled Suh as he was falling down. On the ground he rammed EDS's head in the ground a few times, then got up and stomped on EDS.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it was because EDS was giving him a hard time with his play. The opportunity was there for a dirty player to take advantage. Also, EDS was playing guard in that game.

And anchor? Did you see the Redskin tackle push him all the way back to Rodgers?

Yeah because he has crappy feet and sometimes has to trade stability for movement just to stay in front of guys.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

This is awkward.......you do know Barry ?.....nevermind ;)

Members online

Latest posts