Lions/Packers GAME THREAD

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DarkaneRules said:
We rarely run on first down. I wonder why.

It frustrates me when they do run on 1st down. It seems like the other team has 8-9 men in the box or their big run stoppers on the DL and GB gets only a yard or two. I would rather they have a short pass on 1st and run on 2nd.

Agreed.

As Bill Walsh learned, you run on 1st down, you get 4 yards and have 2nd and 6. You pass on 1st down and get 7 yards, you have 2nd and 3.

Bill Walsh and I agree that 2nd and 3 is better than 2nd and 6. And that, my friends, is one of the things that made the WCO so successful.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bill Walsh and I agree that 2nd and 3 is better than 2nd and 6.
This is kinda deep for me. I need to think about this for a while. :D

zoogies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm wondering, what's with Craig Nall? What about Aaron Rodgers, is he hurt? Isn't Paul Thompson around? Why Nall?

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
B-Jack closing in on 100 yards, he's at 99 at the moment!
I would like to see GB win the challenge and have BJ score the TD at get 100 yards on the same play.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the ball obviously touched the Lions player on the side of his foot.

Nice punt though, and B-Jack is having a pretty nice game.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After losing the challenge Jackson will have to go over 100 and a big run play on their next possession.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FG Crosby now leads the league in points. That is good. I would have hated to see Moss have the most points.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm wondering, what's with Craig Nall? What about Aaron Rodgers, is he hurt? Isn't Paul Thompson around? Why Nall?

Familiarity.

Plus, with Green Bay, he's good a decent backup.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
zoogies said:
Guys,

Familiarity.

Plus, with Green Bay, he's good a decent backup.

Aaron Rodgers QB Hamstring Limited Participation in Practice Doubtful
I think they played Nall instead of Rodgers just to take the injury rehab process slowly.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All in all it sounds like the GB back ups had a fairly decent 2nd half of the game.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is hard to imagine the Det is the #8 passing offense in the NFL.

Kitna missed his receiver a lot of times. The receiver drops the ball too often as well. They missed several times when they were wide open.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone notice how Brandon Jackson's feet never stopped, he got a lot of extra yard that way. I think he's going to be a good back.

OP
OP
bozz_2006

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is hard to imagine the Det is the #8 passing offense in the NFL.

Kitna missed his receiver a lot of times. The receiver drops the ball too often as well. They missed several times when they were wide open.

it's because that's all the offense they have.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't wait to see Noah Herron come back next year too. I think he was supposed to be "THE" back for the packers. No way a player can be a bust in their first year! haha :)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone see Brett giving a high 5 to one of the refs after he scored a TD? I thought that was pretty funny. Hope the ref doesn't get a fine for that.
He ran into the ref when he turned around after his TD celebration. I think it was just a spur of the moment "Favre like" thing he does. I doubt anyone would fine him for that.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
Did anyone see Brett giving a high 5 to one of the refs after he scored a TD? I thought that was pretty funny. Hope the ref doesn't get a fine for that.
He ran into the ref when he turned around after his TD celebration. I think it was just a spur of the moment "Favre like" thing he does. I doubt anyone would fine him for that.

I meant fine the ref for appearing impartial not fine Bret.

Members online

Latest posts