Lions lose 21-20

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the absence of roy williams, charles rogers, eddie drummond and joey harrington who was actually at the game but forgot why he was there for the first 3 quarters the lions offense failed to capitalize even though there defense scored 14 points in the first half.
After completing an 81 yard pass to marcus pollard to the 5 yard line the lions showed why they gave joey harrington the number 3 for his jersey by running 3 plays for no gain and having to settle for a field goal in the fourth quarter. Long time lions fans could see the writing on the wall as the lions were up 20-14.
After Kenoy Kennedy Knocked out Jake Delhome with a late hit on a qb slide the panthers back-up came in and marched down the field to score against an exhausted Detroit defense. Then as R.W. ran the kick return back to the 50 to give the lions great field position Joey harrington sealed their fate with 4 incomplete passes, the last one an overthrow to a wide open lions receiver.
Not that any of you packer fans care but I thought I'd let you know if Garcia isn't playing by the time the pack and lions meet again I'm already consenting to a Green bay victory.

spillage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was painfull to watch. Both qbs insisted on trying to give the game away. I understand Detroit has many of its starters gone on offense, but Harrington continues to struggle. Am hoping Rodgers is better.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a tough game for Lions fans...but hasn't that been the story this season? Detroit's solid defense keeps them in games but their offense simply is awful. Joey Harrington needs to be cut loose and they need to bring in someone like Brad Johnson who could deliver the ball to the talent they have on offense. Then on second thought...I think Joey deserves about a 7 year deal because he's bound and determined to get out of his phunk and the Lions are forgiving like that!

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
That was a tough game for Lions fans...but hasn't that been the story this season? Detroit's solid defense keeps them in games but their offense simply is awful. Joey Harrington needs to be cut loose and they need to bring in someone like Brad Johnson who could deliver the ball to the talent they have on offense. Then on second thought...I think Joey deserves about a 7 year deal because he's bound and determined to get out of his phunk and the Lions are forgiving like that!

Has anybody in Detroit yet given any blame to the untouchable Mooch? I believe he is one of the most overrated coaches in the league today.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a good question and he probably deserves some of this. Does it seem like he lost the 49ers players during his last year or two there as well? He seems on the cusp of losing this team in Detroit too...who knows? I guess I haven't heard much about Mariucci but if it's true, it won't take long.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
sounds like a painful game to watch there big3...i offer my condolences, but not really. you understand...

Surely Joey Harrington has to be the biggest draft bust since Tony Mandarich.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
arrowgargantuan said:
sounds like a painful game to watch there big3...i offer my condolences, but not really. you understand...

Surely Joey Harrington has to be the biggest draft bust since Tony Mandarich.

Yeah, because Jamal "Too Small" Reynolds panned out so well for GB!!!

Members online