1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Lions Bring The Firing Squad To The Front Office Again

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by PackerfaninCarolina, Nov 5, 2015.

1. PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +276
  2. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    I'm honestly a bit surprised by how bad the Lions are doing this season. This goes to show that the NFL is a year to year league. We are lucky in that we are consistent. Its something to be thankful for as Packer fans because we are constantly reminded that it could be worse.

Anyway, the Lions were on the doorstep last year of making a possible Super Bowl run before that debacle happened in Dallas in the playoffs. Detroit was pretty good last year IMO. Now this....................

3. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,939
    Will be interesting to see if Matthew Stafford survives new management. He is only 27, but much like Cutler in Chicago, he seems to be an underachiever for whatever reasons.

4. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Caldwell is a lame duck for sure unless he gets input to new GM. Depends if they are blowing it up yet again or working with what they got. That'll take the next GM most of the season with or without a new coach. At least another season of both Chi and Det sucking for sure. Dang Ziggy got the Vikings settled or it would be an easy sweep.

5. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,795
    There hasn't been a team that has consistently done less with more than the Lions the past few years. I thought it was just their childlike coach Schwartz, but apparently he left an indelible mark on the team before he left because they can't shake what he made them.

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    fortunately owners dont have to be local.

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Stafford isnt the main problem. sh*tty drafting and a few other things are.

8. PackerfaninCarolina

Ratings:
    +276
    Yeah true, I guess I just don't know of any owners group coming into the fray that might be interested in trying to buy out that team.

Then of course whether or not the Fords would sell them is another issue altogether. I just don't think they've done a good job at finding football brains to run the office in there.

9. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +964
    The Fords have been patient to a fault. They stuck with Matt Millen well beyond what other owners may have considered a reasonable deadline for termination.

10. PackerfaninCarolina

Ratings:
    +276
    But the point is they hired that goofball and while they may have been patient with him, he sure as heck wasn't with the coaches as he just tossed em out one by one after only giving them one or two years on the job. He also gave them just about nothing to work with until Megatron, his only good pick ever, came to town.

It's kinda hard to say who's been worse at running football teams neighboring us, the Fords or George McCaskey.

11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    The waiting list is surpringly long. Only 31 in the world and they are extremely lucrative. I would be surprised if the fords sold

12. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Fear is a powerful motivator. 2-0 since this.