Linebackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You said he wasn’t good at anything.
I’m still waiting on you to present the Leagues best tackler. You can go all the way to Blake’s very first full season. Go ahead and say it.

Do you think most means best? Because that's definitely not true.

Blake is a liability in man coverage, a liability if he has to handle a blocker, and doesn't attack the run downhill. If your answer to what he does "well" is accrue lots of tackles downfield, then you have made my point for me.

Reaction score
Huh? When did you even ask me this?

Did you start a new med? Or perhaps forget to take some others?

Edit-- oh I see it.

If volume tackle numbers are your thing, more power to you. I'm more into linebackers who do things well. Call me crazy.
Ohhhhh. So you won’t answer???? I thought so.

Reaction score
You asked ME what Blake’s good at? I responded in post #17 what he’s good at.
I answered. I asked you to confirm it.

But you didn’t like that he leads the league in something. So now you change your argument to say Tackles are not important??!! For a thumper LB?!!!’ You’ve got to be joking me.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You asked ME what Blake’s good at? I responded in post #17 what he’s good at.
I answered. I asked you to confirm it.

But you didn’t like that he leads the league in something. So now you change your argument to say Tackles are not important??!! For a thumper LB?!!!’ You’ve got to be joking me.

Blake's not a thumper.

I'm also not changing the argument. You answered: accruing a lot of tackles. That's the correct answer. It also isn't a valuable measure.

He's either a WILL that can't cover or a MIKE that can't handle a block. In other words, he does nothing well and forces the defense to field a liability one way or another.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I had a replay of the game today because I could point out half a dozen plays at least where he should have made a play but didn’t. I remember one Pass play made a tackle immediately that was noteworthy. Every other impression I had of him this game was neutral or negative. That’s not good.

Reaction score
Blake's not a thumper.

I'm also not changing the argument. You answered: accruing a lot of tackles. That's the correct answer. It also isn't a valuable measure.

He's either a WILL that can't cover or a MIKE that can't handle a block. In other words, he does nothing well and forces the defense to field a liability one way or another.
Quit dodging the question. You asked me what he does well. I told you what he does not only well.. but exceptionally well.

Then you say “Tackles” are not the mark of a good LB.

1. I want you to list the top 5 LBs who have the most Tackles since 2017 (Blake’s first season as a day 1 starter) through today. Scratch that. List the top 5 players in the NFL in Tackles. Any position... any team.

Then tell me of the top 5 which should kick rocks?

2. I want you to list the most career Tackles top 5 in NFL history. Which of those top 5 didn’t deserve to play in the NFL?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Quit dodging the question. You asked me what he does well. I told you what he does not only well.. but exceptionally well.

Then you say “Tackles” are not the mark of a good LB.

1. I want you to list the top 5 LBs who have the most Tackles since 2017 (Blake’s first season as a day 1 starter) through today. Scratch that. List the top 5 players in the NFL in Tackles. Any position... any team.

Then tell me of the top 5 which should kick rocks?

2. I want you to list the most career Tackles top 5 in NFL history. Which of those top 5 didn’t deserve to play in the NFL?

This is assinine. Look at the top 10 tacklers or guys who are 125+ in any given season, however you want to slice it, and you will find studs and duds both. Hence, volume tackle numbers are meaningless without any context.

Last year, for instance, you have fantastic players like Vander Esch, Wagner, etc in the top 10 and you also have guys that stink like Hitchens, Foster, and Alonso.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Blake Martinez is the defensive equivalent of a running back who isn't a receiving threat and can only get the yards that the OL blocks for him.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Peyton Barber... he's defensive Peyton Barber.

Reaction score
Peyton Barber... he's defensive Peyton Barber.
You can ignore it to save face, but your still wrong either way. I can see I can’t win an argument you don’t personally support. No sense in talking facts any further. I don’t do well with mere conjecture.
I guess The GB Packers don’t agree with you. I’ll rest my case on Martinez with the GB Packers organization as a whole. You can continue trying to hang him for crimes of being left on riot duty by himself. But it’s completely unwarranted.
Nothing personal. I just trust their professional judgement more than yours.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You can ignore it to save face, but your still wrong either way. I can see I can’t win an argument you don’t personally support. No sense in talking facts any further. I don’t do well with mere conjecture.
I guess The GB Packers don’t agree with you. I’ll rest my case on Martinez with the GB Packers organization as a whole. You can continue trying to hang him for crimes of being left on riot duty by himself. But it’s completely unwarranted.

I don't know what the issue is for you today, but you are sure throwing some hissy fits when people don't see players the same way you do.

Calvin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in 2017 someone was tied for second in the NFL for tackles. Hint the team went 0-16.
Tackles dont mean nothing, just watch the tape.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
in 2017 someone was tied for second in the NFL for tackles. Hint the team went 0-16.
Tackles dont mean nothing, just watch the tape.

Preston Brown led the NFL in tackles that year. He's terrible.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, if Gute could move a pick for ILB help I'd almost be more happy than with a WR move at this point.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You said he wasn’t good at anything.
I’m still waiting on you to present the Leagues best tackler. You can go all the way to Blake’s very first full season. Go ahead and say it.

The leagues best tackler?

The leagues best tackler probably doesn't get juked out by Josh Jacobs in a box.

I can think of at least a dozen better tacklers off the top of my head, pretty easily.

Accumulating a ton of tackles 5 yards down the field just doesn't impress me that much. I want my Mike to be an impact player. Martinez isn't. It's that simple.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Look. If you think Martinez is a thumper, then I don't think you've actually watched him play. I've rarely seen a more passive LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts