1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

life after #12

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by rodell330, Dec 21, 2012.

1. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,012
    There will be a day when we have to face this saga all over again. Green Bay is one of the few franchises i've ever seen to be blessed to have a franchise qb enter right after the previous one has departed.(Colts, and Niners being the other two). I don't think there will ever be another Aaron Rodgers so life in Green Bay after he hangs it up should be interesting. I pray we don't end up like Dolphins or Browns.

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,100
    Revisit in a decade

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    ummmm...isn't it kinda early to be talking about this?

4. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    yeah, exactly what I was thinking. You plan on sniping Arod or something Rodell? lol

too early to get him a replacement, all we need is decent back up incase something bad happens. I have ZERO faith in harrell. Wait 6 years, then draft his replacement so the guy can sit and learn from him for a couple seasons.

5. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,038
    I expect his next contract to be his last for GB. I do not expect the last year of it to be paid out. His eventual replacement is in his last year of high school, maybe a college redshirted freshman. I expect TT to have him on the roster before he (TT) retires.

6. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    ^ not that soon......Arod had 6-7 good years left in him.

7. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,038
    ^ I expect about a 7 year contract after next season. 6 of those years I figure him to still be elite / darn good. In about 5 years I figure TT to pick the successor for a few years of grooming. Maybe try to develop a late rounder, which would take another year.

8. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,012
    Yepp..i'm planning on going Tonya Harding on him haha. Don't judge me, it's been a slow day haha. On a serious note tho rodgers could have a career ending injury or get in a horrible accident. We do need a decent qb at backup.

9. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    DAMN....don't throw us a jinx this time of year......if that happens, i am holding you solely responsible. You had better go into some sort of bin laden style hide out now, just in case. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,100
    Too expensive and a waste. We wont find a backup thats anywhere near Rodgers ability. If he gets hurt better off to just call the season a wrap.

Arizona cant find a single QB. Jets either. We arent going to sit a starting level QB on the bench and just pay him to hold a clip board.

11. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,038
    We did last year and the year before. Just re-read the threads from then. Oh wait, he got beat out by a rookie. Never mind.

12. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Why do you want to think about something that will happen years later? Enjoy it while it's here, cause time goes by faster than we realize in life.

13. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +387
    It's never too early to begin making plans.

I've already begun scouting high school sophomores and I've been sending video to the Packers organization weekly in order to help with the search.

14. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    He's 29. You think he only has 7 years left?? Tom Brady is 35 and looks like he has about 7 years left in him. I would say Rodgers has 8-10 years in him barring any serious injury.

15. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Legitimate concern with our line, so I understand where he's coming from, but some people worry too much about things that mean too little.

16. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +153
    Is Aaron Rodgers a robot? I thought we would just have to update his software...:confused: