Le'Veon Bell trade to the Packers is a possibility says CBS insider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Wait, 247 is a fiction site right? Kinda like "The Onion" only for sports? I don't see the Packers trading for a RB that want's $18 million a year.

OP
OP
CaptainCanuck

CaptainCanuck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, 247 is a fiction site right? Kinda like "The Onion" only for sports? I don't see the Packers trading for a RB that want's $18 million a year.

Neither can I

Find it hard to believe the Packers can afford it

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Highly doubt this is being seriously considered. Too much money and I think we like what we have in Aaron Jones and company. Who knows what the new sherriff in town thinks though. Bell may be a Gute Guy.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did it just get cold outside? I had to hit “agree” on a Viking fan

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard a story like this in 2010 with that Marshawn guy

I heard one a few months ago with that guy who ended up in Chicago. Yes, there is a chance Bell ends up with the Packers but just remember Lloyd Christmas had a chance as well.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard one a few months ago with that guy who ended up in Chicago. Yes, there is a chance Bell ends up with the Packers but just remember Lloyd Christmas had a chance as well.
Are a prophet or something? You’re scaring me. I’m a big “hell no” when it comes to trading for this guy at that cost.

Then you come at us with this Lloyd Christmas ****. You know he married her in real life, and get this, it lasted less than a year. How long would Bell play for the Packers? Coincidence?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are a prophet or something? You’re scaring me. I’m a big “hell no” when it comes to trading for this guy at that cost.

Then you come at us with this Lloyd Christmas ****. You know he married her in real life, and get this, it lasted less than a year. How long would Bell play for the Packers? Coincidence?

Sorry to scare you. There is no chance in hell Bell ends up in Green Bay. Now we will see how my prophetizing goes.

H

HardRightEdge

Many rumors are called, few are chosen.

The basis of this rumor, according to that link, is that Brinson and La Canfora think he'd be a good fit. So, what? Did they bother to notice he'd put the Packers over the cap? Which unvested veteran making meaningfully above the minimum do they propose cutting or the next guy to be cut when the next guy goes on IR? Did they look at the 2019 cap situation? Are they proposing a one year rent-a-player move because getting him to an extention takes a big bite out of 2019 cap space which is fairly limited as it is.

Of course, every week he sits out his cap cost goes down about $800,000, so maybe in a few weeks. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

Yeah. If you make sh*t up out of whole cloth and publish it people click and you get paid. If you dig into a thesis, get into the weeds, and discover it doesn't pan out, you've spent the time, have nothing to publish, and you don't get paid. A story about who won't have interest in Bell is not exactly click worthy.

Whole cloth is easy, it takes less time and work, it gets people excited and clicking, and then it gets repeated in the echo chamber and even more people get paid. It's a virtuous circle. :tup:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are so many problems with this premise. The money is the big issue, but the bigger point is that he would be a waste of money for us. McCarthy/Rodgers wouldn't allow him to get the touches that he needs to be effective. If we were spending the money, I'd rather get a disgruntled yet star WR.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
As much as I love Le'Veon's game and what he brings to the table, and the thought of what this offense could be with him in the backfield :eek: I just don't think it's a smart move for the Packers, unless we're going to just try outscoring everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts