Letter on it way.. according to.. drum roll.. PFTalk.com

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Or if Favre comes back. In 5 years nobody will even remember his false retirement.

Nasssssty old man is Tricksy!! False!!

And yes, they will remember it. Just like they all remember when Michael did it.

If he comes back, it will be one of the main things he is ever remembered for. If you dont think that... this is your first time watching sports. and welcome to the club.

Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time, yet you can't talk about his career without mentioning the comebacks.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I think you're going way overboard about this. How on earth can Ted Thompson shut down this story when Favre himself hasn't even said anything publicly yet--and neither has his agent, for that matter? At this point it's just been reported through secret sources which, like it or not, is how a lot of sports news gets reported these days.

Yet people bash him anyways.......that's the sickest thing about all of this. The haters are hating, just like they did when he was playing. Luckily those people represent a small fraction of fans.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
This ignoring you speak of will be completely forgotten when an announcement is made though. It's a big deal now cuz thats where we are, waiting like the loyal fans we are. When the news breaks and this period is over, nobody will care about it.

Just like this whole ordeal will be forgotten if Favre ends up staying retired. Nobody will care. No player, no agent, not even the fans.

I have a feeling lot will care..
I cared when this crap started........now it's less and less everyday.
By the end of the week, i won't care where he plays.
The way i see it, i have no say in it anyway, so why get all worked up?
If i get all upset, what will happen? Favre will play here, elsewhere, or stay retired.
If i don't get all upset, what will happen? Favre will play here, elsewhere, or stay retired.
So should i waste my stress on something i have NO say in?
My answer is a definite NO!
Or, wait.....maybe yes.
Nope....it's no.
Unless of course it's yes.
I'm sure now...........it's NOOOOOOOO!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I think you're going way overboard about this. How on earth can Ted Thompson shut down this story when Favre himself hasn't even said anything publicly yet--and neither has his agent, for that matter? At this point it's just been reported through secret sources which, like it or not, is how a lot of sports news gets reported these days.

Yet people bash him anyways.......that's the sickest thing about all of this. The haters are hating, just like they did when he was playing. Luckily those people represent a small fraction of fans.
Seriously.........why are you worked up if you see someone as "hating" on Favre? It doesn't effect how YOU feel about Favre, does it? I'm not picking on you, i just don't want to see you get all worked up because of others. It's not worth it, to anyone.
The way i see it, i haven't seen any "Favre hating" in any of these threads. Just because someone's opinion of him coming back is different then yours doesn't mean they "hate" the guy. And i don't see your backing Favre as being a "Favre-firster". Your just a big fan of Favre, as i am also.
I figure it this way.......none of us has a say in whats gonna happen, so why throw punches at each other?
We all have opinins on this.....but i personally don't see any as 100% wrong or 100% right.
Like Rodney King said........"Can't we all just get along???" :lol:

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:
Greg C. said:

Seriously.........why are you worked up if you see someone as "hating" on Favre? It doesn't effect how YOU feel about Favre, does it? I'm not picking on you, i just don't want to see you get all worked up because of others. It's not worth it, to anyone.
The way i see it, i haven't seen any "Favre hating" in any of these threads. Just because someone's opinion of him coming back is different then yours doesn't mean they "hate" the guy. And i don't see your backing Favre as being a "Favre-firster". Your just a big fan of Favre, as i am also.
I figure it this way.......none of us has a say in whats gonna happen, so why throw punches at each other?
We all have opinins on this.....but i personally don't see any as 100% wrong or 100% right.
Like Rodney King said........"Can't we all just get along???" :lol:

I'm not getting worked up at all. It's somewhat funny thats all. I mean, people posting on HIS legacy in all. It's hilarious. I mean when you see your legacy as how many people you can **** off, or get to back you on PackerForum.com, you shouldn't really comment on someone who is on Brett's level.

The arguments make ABSOLUTELY ZERO SENSE. I've heard one "special" poster state numerous times Ted takes the "Best Player Available" but then 2 months later says Brett is hurting the team because they would have drafted differently had he said he was coming back? So yeah, I'm left scratching my head wondering why someone who claims to be such a "FAN" would twist his story around to make Brett look like the bad guy.

Now, on to the distraction argument. Brett has EVERY right to say he wants to come back, and Ted can easily say No. If this is such a Distraction than why doesn't Ted issue a simple press release saying "we have decided to move on without Brett". Again however, this is Brett's fault for being a distraction. 5 minutes of ol' Teddy's time could end the distraction once and for all.

What about the splitting the team argument. Because Some players would rather play with Brett because it gives them, in thier eyes, a better chance for a championship, which is why the bust thier *** everyday, they should just shut up and not support Brett. This isn't **** Germany I don't think, players have a right to voice thier opinion on anything they want.

And as far as A-Rod goes.....I'll be the first to pat Aaron on the back for being a model back-up the last few years. In fact he has handled all of this with maturity as well. However, Pro sports is a team game and if he has some sense of entitlement that he deserves the QB spot because he's held a clipboard for a few years and was drafted in the first round he is dead wrong. If he wants to throw a fit and demand a trade so be it because obviously he is mentally fragile. A-Rod hasn't earned anything yet, and he certainly hasn't shown much good or bad either way.

In the end it's kind of classless to make Brett out to be a Villain and then claim to be a fan of his. Especially, when all Brett has done was say "He has an itch to play"......My god, execute the guy for god's sake.

I am passionate about the issue, not because I'm a Favre Firster but because I don't get the constant over dramatic, blown out of proportion, comment on his legacy, twisting a turning of arguments with the sole intention to take a cheap shot at the guy. It's like the crap you hear from Vikings and Bears fans who are jealous, yet they claim to be Packer fans.

My wife laughs at me when I argue on this board. She keeps me from getting to worked up. The other day she said "You are arguing with some guy on the internet with a Dark Knight avatar about someone who will go down as one of the best of all time and doesn't even know you exist" Ever since then, I don't let this stuff get to me very much. It's actually quite funny.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Welcome to pf.com, new guy. Thanks for the novel...

This is not even a novel Pack in Black. A Novel is a philosophy placed into images.

Oh Mother Mary Of Jesus.... There is nothing worse than a slinky.

I would rather walk out of a restaurant and have someone confront me face to face and bash me over the head because they did not like me, then have some "Slinky" in the corner of that restaurant work the cheap talk, putting me down without mentioning my name but describing me in subtle ways because they did not like me.

I hope I am wrong but My Over-Under odds are 9 days until dd80forever gets banned. Some people can just not help it.

Jeese... Why type this... "My wife laughs at me when I argue on this board. She keeps me from getting to worked up. The other day she said "You are arguing with some guy on the Internet with a Dark Knight avatar"

Just Send Trom a PM and tell him he is an idiot in your opinion.

All of us all get along here. If fact we love each other in a non ****** way I think.

There! Edited too many times because I was thinking of things to add to this thought.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I hope I am wrong but My Over-Under odds are 9 days until dd80forever gets banned. Some people can just not help it.

Oh my god, what would I do with myself?

This is a great place to talk football, there are some great posters on this site. I enjoy debating things and seeing other peoples viewpoints, however, There's also some people on here that are here just to stir up trouble. Damn near every post is replied to with some grade-school remark SOLELY for the fact that I disagree with their line of thinking. I've been called a Friggin Idiot, Dumb, A *********, just in the last few days just because OH MY GOD, I Don't agree with them. I keep my post mostly football related until they are replied to with some internet tough guy garbage. So excuse me for being a little rude back.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to be banned, as I've seen it 100x over. The usual suspects stir up crap at every chance, and then cry foul as soon as you do it back. Then they jump out waving a yellow flag crying "this guy is starting stuff". Then, as you just did, you play the "you will be banned, hahaha" card. The inmates clearly run this asylum. What's the fascination with banning people? There's really more to life than this place, sorry.

I'm here to talk football, if you don't like or think differently than me, thats fine. If you don't agree, debate things without all the pissing contest garbage because pretty soon I'm bound to take a shot back. If you can't do that, why bother to respond. I've sent an PM to a mod previously about this, which was shared with another member. Go figure. So go ahead and ban me, and the next guy, and the guy after that who doesn't walk to the beat of your drum. It's the way it is and I'm well aware of that.

Insert you jabs below

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps I messed something; but I don't know why dd80forever would get banned. I think people here get too defensive when someone defends Favre. Not everyone is like dhpacker, or fuzznuts. dd80forever has not broken any rules, or insulted anyone, unless I missed something.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Oh my god, what would I do with myself?

This is a great place to talk football, there are some great posters on this site. I enjoy debating things and seeing other peoples viewpoints, however, There's also some people on here that are here just to stir up trouble. Damn near every post is replied to with some grade-school remark SOLELY for the fact that I disagree with their line of thinking. I've been called a Friggin Idiot, Dumb, A *********, just in the last few days just because OH MY GOD, I Don't agree with them. I keep my post mostly football related until they are replied to with some internet tough guy garbage. So excuse me for being a little rude back.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to be banned, as I've seen it 100x over. The usual suspects stir up crap at every chance, and then cry foul as soon as you do it back. Then they jump out waving a yellow flag crying "this guy is starting stuff". Then, as you just did, you play the "you will be banned, hahaha" card. The inmates clearly run this asylum. What's the fascination with banning people? There's really more to life than this place, sorry.

I'm here to talk football, if you don't like or think differently than me, thats fine. If you don't agree, debate things without all the pissing contest garbage because pretty soon I'm bound to take a shot back. If you can't do that, why bother to respond. I've sent an PM to a mod previously about this, which was shared with another member. Go figure. So go ahead and ban me, and the next guy, and the guy after that who doesn't walk to the beat of your drum. It's the way it is and I'm well aware of that.

Insert you jabs below

no need to take shots at the staff here friend. if you have an axe to grind with the mods, by all means feel free to message me. theres no need to air our laundry out in the forums.

im not going to ban people for going back and forth with each other like children. i think it makes both parties look foolish, but thats on you guys. from here on out, if the pissing contests are destroying some meaningful thread discussion, i'll make the posts go away...and nobody should have a problem with that. if they do, tough ****?

furthermore any member that was banned here had some rope, and lots of it. believe it or not the majority of the bans on this site are actually for the same person, slipping through the cracks, multiple times. forgive me if i don't shed a tear for him.

and as far as the pm you sent to me regarding other posters, i can assure you it wasn't shared with anybody. though at this point, i guess it might as well have been.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps I messed something; but I don't know why dd80forever would get banned. I think people here get too defensive when someone defends Favre. Not everyone is like dhpacker, or fuzznuts. dd80forever has not broken any rules, or insulted anyone, unless I missed something.

agreed.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been called a Friggin Idiot, Dumb, A *********, just in the last few days just because OH MY GOD, I Don't agree with them.

It's funny cuz you actually think that's the reason.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been called a Friggin Idiot, Dumb, A *********, just in the last few days
Yeah name calling is pretty lame. I think it is supposed to be against the rules. But the rules don't apply to everyone I guess.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:
Yeah name calling is pretty lame. I think it is supposed to be against the rules. But the rules don't apply to everyone I guess.

Brett aint the only hall of famer who should retire

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
dd80forever said:

100% agree.. it does seem to be a long standing problem.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
The world will not stop spinning if you don't know every single detail the minute it is reported.

Agreed.. my addictive personality has gotten the better of me on this one.. the old where there is smoke there is fire.. or the other analogy that I like in cases like this.. "I have never been to the south pole to tell you first hand that it is cold, because I haven't felt it for myself, but I believe it to be very cold. "

I am a football guy, always been that way, it is an addiction I breathe in.. and certain things stick in my craw I guess.. this is one of them.

But I think I am going to take a page from your advice, and take a little vacation similar to Warhawk and Vikesrule have done.. heck I have a house to finish anyway.. wait now if I change my mind and come back quickly does that make me less committed or decided? An ego maniac? Would I be holding the forum hostage? LOL.. yep time to snap.

Damn maybe Favre is rubbing off on me! :lol:

Greg C. said:
I do agree, by the way, that the whole thing pretty much sucks, for all of the reasons you cited, and then some.

I think the reason I think it sucks rotten eggs.. is that alot if not all of this could have been avoided IMO, if the lines of communication were open between Favre and the Front office.. this isn't the only evidence that there is a disconnect there.. the world would be a better place if we could all just communicate effectively.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

Not New, but thanks for the Welcome

# of posts at the time of this one: 81

=

New Guy.

...... unless I missed something....

Here's some (unsolicited) advice: To everyone's eyes, you are a new member. Maybe you don't realize it, but we have a happy, friendly little community here. Certain posters get crunchy at times, but most of us just move on and forget about it, because those people have contributed meaningfully in the past, and we know they will again, and soon.

Forgive those of us who do this, but when someone who doesn't have an established track record in our minds starts aggressively arguing, or "debating", we tend to get more defensive than we would with say, a poster who's been posting for more than a week. So maybe ease up, don't try to "win" every debate, and instead demonstrate your willingness to learn about football, and you'll enjoy this place way more than you do now.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
pack_in_black said:

Not New, but thanks for the Welcome

# of posts at the time of this one: 81

=

New Guy.

...... unless I missed something....

Here's some (unsolicited) advice: To everyone's eyes, you are a new member. Maybe you don't realize it, but we have a happy, friendly little community here. Certain posters get crunchy at times, but most of us just move on and forget about it, because those people have contributed meaningfully in the past, and we know they will again, and soon.

Forgive those of us who do this, but when someone who doesn't have an established track record in our minds starts aggressively arguing, or "debating", we tend to get more defensive than we would with say, a poster who's been posting for more than a week. So maybe ease up, don't try to "win" every debate, and instead demonstrate your willingness to learn about football, and you'll enjoy this place way more than you do now.

As I stated several times I'm an old member with a new name. I lost my password when I deleted my cookies and couldn't log-in. Sent numerous emails but never got a reply, so I just made a new username.

I appreciate your words of advice, though I disagree with your excuses for certain members behavoir. Just because someone is new, which I'm not, or old, it still isn't an excuse to tolerate thier behavior. I don't want anyone banned or anything. It's not my goal, like it is thiers. I would not get a bit of satisfaction from it. I just would rather talk fotball without the juvenile stuff from a certain few posters. They start with damn near everyone who disagrees with them, and being an old member, I've seen it more than once. Judging by the replies to my original reply, I'm not the only one who see's it.

Anyway I'm done talking about it, I would rather discuss the Packers. I made my point. Thanks

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I appreciate your words of advice, though I disagree with your excuses for certain members behavoir. Just because someone is new, which I'm not, or old, it still isn't an excuse to tolerate thier behavior. I don't want anyone banned or anything. It's not my goal, like it is thiers. I would not get a bit of satisfaction from it. I just would rather talk fotball without the juvenile stuff from a certain few posters. They start with damn near everyone who disagrees with them, and being an old member, I've seen it more than once. Judging by the replies to my original reply, I'm not the only one who see's it.

Anyway I'm done talking about it, I would rather discuss the Packers. I made my point. Thanks

I'm not making excuses for anyone. I'm trying to make you feel a little more comfortable here, as this is a pretty tight-knit group, and can be a little difficult to get situated into.

If you wanna come in and just fight fight fight for Brett, by all means, have fun with it. Chances are you'll eventually go too far with your fighting and get the boot. Seen it tons of times before, and if you were an old member, then I'm sure you have too. Since your sn looks new to me, but act like a couple of different former members, yet say you're not a banned one, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, trying to help you get settled in. But if you wanna make this dd80 vs. Trom, well, all I can say is good luck with that one.

Members online

Latest posts