Lets vote for Brett!!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Philtration said:
You know when they give a Grammy or an Oscar to someone when their best work is in the past and they feel that they owe him one as a "thanks old timer" award?
When you know that they did not deserve it and someone else got screwed because of sentimental reasons?

Just asking.

Phil - The season is still less than a third of a way done. My question was simply this - what would it take for Favre to make the Pro Bowl this year? Would 30 TDs be enough? I assume so, because at 30, he'll probably be 2nd in the NFC in TDs, which is really good.

What's really good about it is he's not surrounded by the talent he had in 2003. He has two rookies on the OL protecting him and a rookie starting WR (who's playing well beyond his years, but still he's a rookie). Plus, the starting RB has already missed a pair of games and might miss more. For what he's done this year, he's been impressive.

Now, how does that compare to other QBs in the NFC this year? Is he in the top three? We'll see at the end of the year. I really do believe that Favre still has the talent to pull it off. He's still accurate. he's still hard to tackle. And he plays his heart out every down.

I agree with you that if he deserves to go then he should.
Do you feel that he should go because he is having a better season than all but 1 or 2 QBs in the NFC or is it all sentimental?
Yes there is a long way to go this season but if things hold up as they are set right now, what stat jumps out to make you feel that he should be considered in the top 3 QBs in the NFC?

Yards
McNabb 1849
Bulger 1619
Brees 1509
Kitna 1584
Grossman 1387
Delhomme 1343
Manning 1329
Smith 1285
Favre 1275
Brunell 1239
Hasselbeck 1122

TDs
McNabb 13
Manning 11
Grossman 10
Bulger 10
Hasselbeck 9
Brees 8
Smith 8
Favre 7
Delhomme 6
Kitna 6
Brunell 5

Rating
McNabb 104.8
Bulger 99.8
Brees 92.8
Brunell 86.9
Smith 86.4
Manning 92.3
Hasselbeck 86.3
Delhomme 83.0
Grossman 82.0
Kitna 80.0
Favre 76.7

No, it's not sentimental. However, if he doesn't deserve to go, I'm not voting. I love Favre. I've been a Packer fan since the 70s and Favre has brought winning back to this team which was losing for most of my life until he came along.

I fully realize he's off to a bad start, but I also fully understand that this is a brand new team that needs to gel. Once the OL starts getting this zone blocking and Jennings knows the playbook fully, I could expect Favre to throw 30 TDs and yes, be in the top three QBs in the NFC. Like I said, he still is accurate, he's still hard to tackle, and he still plays his heart out every down. His stats will be much better after game 16.

As it stand right now, McNabb is the top QB in the NFC. It's not just because of stats, but because he's d**** good right now. And no, Favre isn't in the top three, but I'm confident that will change.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Zombieslayer said:
Philtration said:
You know when they give a Grammy or an Oscar to someone when their best work is in the past and they feel that they owe him one as a "thanks old timer" award?
When you know that they did not deserve it and someone else got screwed because of sentimental reasons?

Just asking.

Phil - The season is still less than a third of a way done. My question was simply this - what would it take for Favre to make the Pro Bowl this year? Would 30 TDs be enough? I assume so, because at 30, he'll probably be 2nd in the NFC in TDs, which is really good.

What's really good about it is he's not surrounded by the talent he had in 2003. He has two rookies on the OL protecting him and a rookie starting WR (who's playing well beyond his years, but still he's a rookie). Plus, the starting RB has already missed a pair of games and might miss more. For what he's done this year, he's been impressive.

Now, how does that compare to other QBs in the NFC this year? Is he in the top three? We'll see at the end of the year. I really do believe that Favre still has the talent to pull it off. He's still accurate. he's still hard to tackle. And he plays his heart out every down.

Do you feel that he should go because he is having a better season than all but 1 or 2 QBs in the NFC or is it all sentimental?
Yes there is a long way to go this season but if things hold up as they are set right now, what stat jumps out to make you feel that he should be considered in the top 3 QBs in the NFC?

Yards
McNabb 1849
Bulger 1619
Brees 1509
Kitna 1584
Grossman 1387
Delhomme 1343
Manning 1329
Smith 1285
Favre 1275
Brunell 1239
Hasselbeck 1122

TDs
McNabb 13
Manning 11
Grossman 10
Bulger 10
Hasselbeck 9
Brees 8
Smith 8
Favre 7
Delhomme 6
Kitna 6
Brunell 5

Rating
McNabb 104.8
Bulger 99.8
Brees 92.8
Brunell 86.9
Smith 86.4
Manning 92.3
Hasselbeck 86.3
Delhomme 83.0
Grossman 82.0
Kitna 80.0
Favre 76.7

Print these stats in a few more weeks phil. I have a feeling you will see the yardage an TD's go up. mmmm Noticed you did not put up attempts and completions stats ( would like to see where he ranks with everyone after Sunday, but I guess you already know that will be in the Top % )

Winnipeg - Yeah, that's been my argument. Come week 16, the stats will look entirely different. Expect to see Favre in the top two in yards and TDs. More important than stats though, one has to take into considering what a player brings to his team. Favre definitely brings football, and it rubs off on his teammates. Time and time again, we've seen Favre elevating a mediocre player into someone who actually looks good out there.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Philtration said:
Zombieslayer said:
Philtration said:

Just asking.

Yards
McNabb 1849
Bulger 1619
Brees 1509
Kitna 1584
Grossman 1387
Delhomme 1343
Manning 1329
Smith 1285
Favre 1275
Brunell 1239
Hasselbeck 1122

TDs
McNabb 13
Manning 11
Grossman 10
Bulger 10
Hasselbeck 9
Brees 8
Smith 8
Favre 7
Delhomme 6
Kitna 6
Brunell 5

Rating
McNabb 104.8
Bulger 99.8
Brees 92.8
Brunell 86.9
Smith 86.4
Manning 92.3
Hasselbeck 86.3
Delhomme 83.0
Grossman 82.0
Kitna 80.0
Favre 76.7

Print these stats in a few more weeks phil. I have a feeling you will see the yardage an TD's go up. mmmm Noticed you did not put up attempts and completions stats ( would like to see where he ranks with everyone after Sunday, but I guess you already know that will be in the Top % )

Winnipeg - Yeah, that's been my argument. Come week 16, the stats will look entirely different. Expect to see Favre in the top two in yards and TDs. More important than stats though, one has to take into considering what a player brings to his team. Favre definitely brings football, and it rubs off on his teammates. Time and time again, we've seen Favre elevating a mediocre player into someone who actually looks good out there.

Excellent point about the other aspects of having Brett on the field that the stats don't tell Zombieslayer !!!

Members online

Latest posts