Lets think On the Brightside...

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
This game stung like a **** but think about next season.

We are getting back our key pieces. We got Nelson locked,Peppers,Haha Clinton Dix,Lacy. If we can Lock Cobb that be great.
Also any new key pieces we get in the draft.
We are in a strong position for another deep run next season. If Rodgers stays healthy we are guaranteed a postseason birth at the very least. Who ever thinks we wont make the playoffs with a healthy Rodgers is an idiot.

This loss will be a painful reminder on how to finish games correctly.

Also I would love playing for the 50th SB.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
this is a positive thread...

we have plenty of negative ones ...

Lets keep it that way...

SnakePlissken

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about instead of thinking on the bright side you jump in your TARDIS and rewrite the outcome of the game?

For me personally, I'm just glad they beat the Cowboys. As a Packer fan living in Dallas it could have really made my life hell. So I'm still very happy.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
MM is play caller, that is who I would like see replaced

Tom Clement the oc?

It seems ever since Joe Philin left the offense has been lack luster.

MM needs to hand off the play calling to someone else. Im not too happy with his condescending attitude after the game today during the presser.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
How about instead of thinking on the bright side you jump in your TARDIS and rewrite the outcome of the game?

For me personally, I'm just glad they beat the Cowboys. As a Packer fan living in Dallas it could have really made my life hell. So I'm still very happy.

You know I cant do that. I cant alter the timeline.

But anyhoo. A new OC would be great. A new pair of eyes and such.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
This game stung like a **** but think about next season.

We are getting back our key pieces. We got Nelson locked,Peppers,Haha Clinton Dix,Lacy. If we can Lock Cobb that be great.
Also any new key pieces we get in the draft.
We are in a strong position for another deep run next season. If Rodgers stays healthy we are guaranteed a postseason birth at the very least. Who ever thinks we wont make the playoffs with a healthy Rodgers is an idiot.

This loss will be a painful reminder on how to finish games correctly.

Also I would love playing for the 50th SB.
How about coaching? that's a big key piece

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
MM just has a lot decision meltdowns that hurt a lot HEY MM this is the NFC Championship game,I wanted a Tiger and got only a kitten.........this hurts, so close..........

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM just has a lot decision meltdowns that hurt a lot HEY MM this is the NFC Championship game,I wanted a Tiger and got only a kitten.........this hurts, so close..........

This is nonsense. The Packers are successful in using Lacy to move the chains, nobody complains. What would you have done different? Pass more? And risk another INT with a gimpy #12? Risk incomplete passes that stop the clock and give them even more time. It's all about EXECUTION.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Gotta keep Bulaga too. Continuity is what makes an OL great. If we keep them all together (and healthy), they will just keep getting better.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
This is nonsense. The Packers are successful in using Lacy to move the chains, nobody complains. What would you have done different? Pass more? And risk another INT with a gimpy #12? Risk incomplete passes that stop the clock and give them even more time. It's all about EXECUTION.
I think you answered that for me (Execution)catch a pass make D play on extra point, no mental meltdowns like sliding with plenty of time left, Don't give up big plays like 3rd and 19, that,s some of the things I would like them to do different, and I don't know another gimp that could have played that well, and have not seen one of late that could,have you?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of high potential young talent.
Our offense is on its way to "juggernaut" status.
Our offensive line plays a huge role in that, they're awesome.
Finally got two safeties who can play the position and communicate.
Young talent stepping up - Neal, Daniels, Barrington,
Hopefully a CB steps it up next year like Barrington stepped up at MLB

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I think the special teams coach and OC positions need to be looked at. Agree with Zartan, after Philbin left... the offense just hasn't been the same.

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then again Philbin didn't get us this far last year and the year before. Still, we were lauded as the most explosive offense back then and our D had problems.

I'd rather see us start with Special Teams. Masthay isn't what he used to be, and too many blocked FGs, coupled with botched return plays, and the obvious onside kick debacle.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Then again Philbin didn't get us this far last year and the year before. Still, we were lauded as the most explosive offense back then and our D had problems.

I'd rather see us start with Special Teams. Masthay isn't what he used to be, and too many blocked FGs, coupled with botched return plays, and the obvious onside kick debacle.

Special Teams dident kill us. Players having a mental block during a critical situation did it. Maybe Masthay needs competition like what helped Crosby.

Man Crosby was a machine yesterday was perfect in less than good conditions.

Had we stoped their 2pt conversion Crosby would of hit the game winner to send us to AZ.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score

MM needs to hand off the play calling to someone else. Im not too happy with his condescending attitude after the game today during the presser.
Every point you have made is right on the money. I don't understand why he is so immune from criticism and blame.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Masthay is fine. He's only 27. The Packers let Hentrich, Bidwell and Ryan go after a "down" year and they each went on to be excellent elsewhere. Masthay isn't going anywhere, nor should he. Hell, he might be our best tackler on the punt team.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And I'm assuming you would be completely magnanimous if you were in his shoes?

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
The SB is in California next year. You know who on the pack is from Cali? thats right...

How's that for positive

also..I would love to win SB 50 how cool would it be for the Pack to win SB 1 and SB 50

D

Deleted member 6794

Masthay is fine. He's only 27. The Packers let Hentrich, Bidwell and Ryan go after a "down" year and they each went on to be excellent elsewhere. Masthay isn't going anywhere, nor should he. Hell, he might be our best tackler on the punt team.

Masthay had a down year this season, I wouldn't mind bringing in some competition in the offseason. There's no reason to get rid of him as of now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts