Let's talk sensibly

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all knew this day would one day come. We also realize that Brett Favre might be the toughest and best QB ever to play this game. With all due respect to the other great QB's of this game, I'm not convinced that any of those great QB's could have done with GB what Brett did. The truth is, the man was ready to retire. No doubt he could still play that game. What he lost was his passion to compete. When you lose that, you're done. I tip my hat to Brett.

What I encourage everyone to do is to stop looking at Aaron Rogers as if he is the enemy. He is now the starting QB and we all better be jumping on his band wagon if we expect to win. As we praise Brett for his success, let's not rip Aaron.

Ted Thompson, like him or not. has been steadfast in how he has tried to rebuild this team. He has been determined to surround Brett or his successor with the best talent he could. He has done just that. He has surrounded Aaron with really fine players. There is no reason to believe that the Packers can't or won't win the division again. He has a boat load of cap money and I think he will use it wisely.

I'm gonna miss Brett. I'm gonna miss that wild and crazy kidlike attitude. I think the Packers will miss his leadership. The one thing I can guarantee you is that the NFL season will begin just as it has in the past. The game will continue and will move forward. Let's all continue to send the right messages to the Packers. Let's win the Superbowl.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes people take things too personally. Favre didn't retire to **** off Packer fans. It sucks that he's done, but GB will survive. I'm sure there were people who were all doom and gloom after Starr retired, although he stuck around with the Packers in different aspects for years after he stopped playing. I'm sure they didn't think they'd ever see another great QB in Green Bay. They survived and so will we.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is, it's ok to be sad that Brett has retired. He's been telling us for the last six years that he was going to retire. For as much as I thought he'd come back and play again, I'm also not the least bit surprised that he retired either. I thought, and was hoping he'd honor the length of his contract. He has a really fine young team that is still developing. These guys aren't even close to the top of the their game yet and there are still holes to fill. So I'm surprised from that standpoint, but you could tell in that Giants game that he was cold and was probably thinking, what the hell am I doing here? He did the right thing for him. Now let's let this be Aaron's team and see what he can do. If he's not the guy, we'll know soon enough. If he is the guy, we'll all be happy. The one thing we won't do is forget about Brett.

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am hoping that Green Bay has a similar transition as when Montana passed the torch to Young. While many naysayers thing Favre was selfish in hanging around, just think he stayed when it would have been easy to go! He showed these young guys that with enough drive, dedication and luck this team could compete with anybody!! Now we have to look to the future and remember Favre left his soul out on that field every weekend but for now it is Mr Rodgers Neighborhood and we need to wish him well!

Pack88

Members online

Latest posts