Let's talk about Kampy

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't recall who beat him out last season in the NFC, but he was 2nd in sacks with 13.5 I believe. He's at 8 already this season after a 3-bagger on Jay "The Chosen One" Cutler.

With 9 still to play, he's on pace for a bigger year than last. I KNOW none of us expected 14+ this year if you had asked us in 06 when he had first signed his midnight-hour deal.

But even after last year, I myself saw that as a bit of an anomaly, and didn't expect him to pass that mark anytime soon, especially with Jenkins and KGB turnin it up on the other side.

I'm just really impressed right now....

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
did he ger 3 tonight i counted 2, i heard something about that negative play for a loss being a sack but didnt catch the whole conversation.....kampy is really playing like a stud. hes up there with defensive player of the year. but man nick barnett is playing lights out football, he recovered that fumble on an alert play that may have changed the course of that game

but give props where props are due, kampman is playing LIGHTS OUT!

maybe he should tatto that on his arm like merriman :)

OP
OP
P

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Merriman's a roid-pumping tool. :D

But yeah, they ruled the B. Marshall twenty minute run a sack, I think. Hell, Kamp had him three times on that one play, and he kept slipping out of the tackle, so he deserved some statistical love there. :lol:

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i cant stand merriman either he is acheater in my book,

u think barnett will get probowl consideration?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman is one of the smaller DEs in the league, yet one of the toughest and driven. I'm so happy he's a Packer.

Sack-O-Matic, as Barnett called him.

Reaction score
Trom I think you need to give both Kampman AND Grant the consistency award, Kampman was awesome last night.

6 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 4 QB hurries.

That is something I'd expect to see on Madden.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Trom I think you need to give both Kampman AND Grant the consistency award, Kampman was awesome last night.

Take it up with the voting committee. Kampman gets an award almost every week cuz he's awesome. let the kid Grant have some glory. :)

nleidigh319

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ya kampman is definatly a serious defensive player of the year contender. i dont know who can beat him out this year to be honest. he works hard and does what is needed to be done also you said that he had a "3-bagger on Jay "The Chosen One" Cutler" he had two on cutler and one on brandan marshall (as you have already stated) but still 3 sacks is 3 sacks. winner in my book definatly

OP
OP
P

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, thanks for that, PL.

Here's another stat for y'all- Kampy's 8 sacks on the season put him just one off of the league leader, Philly's Trent Cole, who has 9 so far.

Jared Allen of KC has 8 as well....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Take it up with the voting committee. Kampman gets an award almost every week cuz he's awesome. let the kid Grant have some glory. :)

trom, I'd double check those stats he put up in his comment.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i cant stand merriman either he is acheater in my book,

u think barnett will get probowl consideration?

I think Barnett is a lock this year to make the Pro Bowl. He's played as good as any MLB in the NFC in my opinion.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Double check my reply to his post.

Reaction score

Go ahead, I'm positive of those statistics.

Unless the site where I got 'em from is wrong (which is rarely ever is), Kampman had 4 hurries, and NFL game stats was what I used to see how many tackles Kampman had.

I may have made a mistake a couple of times before, but I'm not a f'n moron.... when I get called out on my **** I obviously realize I need to make sure my **** is really accurate.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett is starting to make Hawk look invisible this year.
As for Kampnam I'll take guys like him and Driver over more natural talented atheletes every day. Kampman first made it in smarts but now he actually has some awesome moves and still the determination of a guy looking to make his first NFL team.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman is one of the smaller DEs in the league, yet one of the toughest and driven. I'm so happy he's a Packer.

Sack-O-Matic, as Barnett called him.

6-4, 270 isn't small for an NFL DE these days.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Go ahead, I'm positive of those statistics.

Unless the site where I got 'em from is wrong (which is rarely ever is), Kampman had 4 hurries, and NFL game stats was what I used to see how many tackles Kampman had.

I may have made a mistake a couple of times before, but I'm not a f'n moron.... when I get called out on my **** I obviously realize I need to make sure my **** is really accurate.

When you get as you called it 'called out' on mistakes, I'll give you this, you're a man about it. With being a moderator who posts often, you have a bullseye on you and without having something to back your comments, well... ;)

Members online

Latest posts