Lets start a prediction thread

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants are good, but GB is flat focused and executing extremely well. I gotta believe NY is spent after that game; a lot of them were celebrating like they won the NFC Championship. We had our game wrapped up early. Their secondary is hurting, cold/snow will slow down the rush...

GB 35, Giants 17 (lol, I just twice fat-fingered GB for 55, I should just go with what my fingers want me to type)

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the Giants are a talented team and have the ability to bring pressure. We all have seen Brett under pressure (and most of it isn't pretty). I think Brett will play the "smart" football some have been talking.

Green Bay: 35
New York: 24

Brett Favre: 200+ yds 3 td's 1 int
Ryan Grant: 120+ yds 2 td's

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, their secondary will be back at full strength on Sunday. I hope it snows so we can slow down the pass rush. I do not believe Grant will be stopped.

Green Bay Packers 38
New York Giants 24

Favre 210 yards. 2 TDS 1 Int
Grant 130 yds 2 TD
Jennings 80 yds 1 TD
Driver 50 yds 1 TD

Manning 170 yards 1TD 1 Int
Jacobs 50 yds 2 Tds
Bradshaw 65 yds
Burress 40 yds
Toomer 60 yds 1 Td

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We run the table! I've been skeptical all season but NDPackerfan has finally convinced me. It didn't hurt watching us beat down the all pro defense last weekend.

BTW does anyone know what weekends the Hotel Cheesey isn't booked next year. I'm hoping to make a trip to Mecca next fall.

Profizzle99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say we will win decisively against a giants team that is plagued with injuries, they cant win games with their injuries.
Pack: 35 Giants: 10

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like were all getting a little cocky here, the pack are not invincible (despite what we all may wish) I think this is a very good giants team and will put up a good fight. As a packer fan I think we'll win however I dont think it will be 35-13 as it was in week 2. I'm expecting a closer outcome (as my 35-24 prediction would show)

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I'm not washing the GB tee that I wore on Saturday.. won't wash it until after we win the Superbowl.. ;)

Anyone else engaging in any obsessive/superstitious behaviors?

I watched the game at a friend's house.. he's a Bears fan.. LOL. I'm considering telling him that he has no choice, his house is now committed to the cause. I have to watch next week's game and the SB there, gotta do it for the Packers.

He's not as hardcore Bears fan as I thought, as he started rooting for the Packers during the second quarter. :D His family is from Chicago and they have split loyalties, a family feud of sorts. I told him it's okay, he's gotta pull for the division. And he bought it... (sorta)

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predicted a superbowl at the beginning of the season. Why stop here?

Packers beat the Giants 20-13 as Packers give up a last second TD.

Toddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay 31 - 13 NY Giants.

Favre to throw 2 touchdowns, 1 to Jennings and 1 to Lee. Grant to run for 100+ yards and 2 touchdowns. And Crosby to kick a field goal.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Grant wont get 100 yards, but the packers as a team will get 100..

Brett should be in the 250-300 yard day with prbably 3 tds and one int

I think score might end up being somewhere around 28-20

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like were all getting a little cocky here, the pack are not invincible (despite what we all may wish) I think this is a very good giants team and will put up a good fight. As a packer fan I think we'll win however I dont think it will be 35-13 as it was in week 2. I'm expecting a closer outcome (as my 35-24 prediction would show)

I agree, this is certainly a 'watch your step' type of pick right here

I said GB 37 Seattle 20...with GB pulling away
...the only difference is I thought Seattle themselves would make a game of it...one can argue without Ryan Grant fumbling it couldve been 42-6 or worse. Seattle did NOTHING when given a full field to drive.

I've been running the outcomes thru my head

The Giants are the "hotter" now than Seattle was going into last week, playing their best football in a losing effort to New England and two road playoff wins
...however Dallas simply gave the Giants that game, dropped passes, not putting the weaker road team away; something that the Packers have proven able to do this season

The Giants offense differs, and is the same as Seattle's.
The Packers historic troubles guarding the tight end's will hopefully be minimally exposed, Marcus Pollard was a vet but couldn't catch a pass Saturday. The Giant's tight end, Who's the Boss, is a solid target but I dont think he can separate from our linebackers.

The Giants passing attack is more vertical than Seattle's. I think the Giants will try more downfield passes than Seattle's total of ZERO last week. Given the Packers' corners play, and Atari Bigby trying to jar loose a football which will be hard to hold onto, this will be tough for the Giants. ALSO after owning Burress in fantasy all season (my fantasy MVP after both of my starting backs went down...). He hasn't practiced ALL SEASON due to a recurring ankle injury, and has been a gametime decision all year. I will question his effectiveness with tough footing much like Deion Branch this past week.

The Giants will need to take downfield shots; If Eli "manages" the game, the Packers will run away with this one. Matt Hasslebeck didn't have a BAD game, per se, no turnovers, but a lot of low-risk passes and no taking chances got Seattle squashed.

The Giants backfield combo of Bradshaw and Jacobs is better than Seattle's of what's left of Shaun Alexander and the over-hyped Maurice Morris, who saw very little action. After drafting Brandon Jacobs in fantasy (too high...) and following his season, he is a threat to get injured at any time. The Giants running game could be effective if they're not playing catch up all game, which I think it will turn into. However if the Giants get a lead it will be tougher stopping Jacobs than Seattle's running backs.

This game will be won or lost (I'm going with 'won') when the Packers have the ball. Dallas had a better time passing the ball than statistics indicate. Patrick Crayton dropped the ball several times. Tony Romo couldn't distribute the ball one bit. Dallas had no threat out of the backfield to catch the ball, etc. etc. Sam Madison is hurting, Aaron Ross is banged up, IF he plays sunday he'll be in bad shape. The Giants struggled to hold Marion Barber, I see a pretty big day for Ryan Grant.

Prediction: Packers 38, Giants 20
What I see happening is the Packers being able to get a quick lead and the Giants never getting settled on offense, taking the ball out of the backs' hands, and forcing Eli Manning to win the game. The Packers defense is playing too well, the Packers offense is playing too well. Like last week, this game seems "too easy" to pick.

A veteran Seattle team, coaching staff coming to Lambeau, and for a lot of the Packers it was their first time in the playoffs. Still I was confident a better Packers team would prevail. This week, the Giants have been winning football games. That's it. Hardly overwhelmingly, the Giants have been winning football games. That's something to be wary of. On the other hand, again, I think the Packers are the better team.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Seattle game would have been more of a challenge than the Giants game. I'm glad the Giants knocked off Dallas for us, because we would have struggled in Dallas. Dallas simply dropped the ball last weekend.

MM will gameplan a passing attack. Grant will not have that many carries until the 2nd half. The Giants' DBs are hurting. Their team is worn down. Shockey, who was a pain in the rear for us in the 1st game, is out.

Jennings and K-Rob didn't play in our first meeting and Ryan Grant was just a backup RB who surprised us because TT actually traded a pick for some Ryan Grant guy who nobody's ever heard of (TT values his picks like I value my guitars).

Favre will tear apart their weakened secondary. Pass rush? Don't get me wrong, they're quite good. That's why we're thankful we have a man named Edgar Bennett as our RB Coach. He took our wet behind the ears RBs and turned all of them into fine blockers. With them chipping and Favre's eyes on the back of his head, pressure will be minimized. Plus, giving credit where it's due, our OL has looked SOLID the past few weeks.

Expect a blowout. 42-17.

Strange prediction - Brandon Jackson breaks 100 yards. Favre and Grant get rested in the 4th Q and Jackson busts a really long one. MM keeps letting BJack have the ball until he breaks 100 yards, as something special for Jackson.

I'm not at all calling the Giants bad. The Giants are a good team, very talented, and earned every one of their 12 games this year. They're just very banged up. If they weren't so banged up, they'd give us a close game. Expect the Giants right back in the Playoffs next year and we might even see a rematch next year.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It all depends on the health of the Giants' secondary. If they're as banged up as they look, I say we win by 2 TDs. If they get one of their guys back, it's a 7 point game in our favour.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We run the table! I've been skeptical all season but NDPackerfan has finally convinced me. It didn't hurt watching us beat down the all pro defense last weekend.

BTW does anyone know what weekends the Hotel Cheesey isn't booked next year. I'm hoping to make a trip to Mecca next fall.
"Hotel Cheesey?" I don't own a hotel! :lol:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I think this game will come down to three factors...

1) Green Bay Passing vs Giants secondary - The Giants weren't a great secondary before the injuries, and they have depleted it even moreso. They rely on pressure from the from seven to help protect them, I think we handle that pressure and expose the secondary. Now comes #2.

2) Weather - The forecast is for cold, which will be somewhat of a factor, however and more importantly is the wind. If it is a windy day and cold.. it will make for a miserable day for both teams, so which team handles it better. I think we are deeper on the defensive line and if it is windy it will become a running game battle.. we win that game. If it stays calm and we can stay balance as well as them, it will be a better game but I think we expose that secondary in that case.

3) Play of Eli - Can he continue to play with poise and confidence that he has the past 3 weeks? If he can, they have a chance, if not, advantage Green Bay big. I think he will come to play and have a decent game.

However I am hoping for this Eli.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

In Summary.. 28 - 13 Packers.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
NO PREDICTION THREADS

DO NOT PREDICT THE SCORE

this is one thing i'm superstitious about

Well it has been working so far this year.. won't it be bad karma to stop now? :D

Rascus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you guys will be playing a pretty well focused Giants team with quite a bit of talent and desire to win..though in the end I see Green Bay with just to much on their side of the field to lose to the Giants...Green Bay 31 Giants 24...Good Luck Packers!

My wife says Packers 38....Giants 10....so we will see...shes a Packer Fan.

Members online

Latest posts