Let's start a new rumor...

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score

After 37 pages this Purple Moss one has gotten stale.

So here goes:

Rumor has it that Terrell Owens is available to the Packers for a 4th round pick and William Henderson.

Now before you dismiss this one, remember that Owens has always thought highly of Brett Favre, and in fact disrespected McNabb by saying that if Favre was the QB of the Eagles they would be Super Bowl Champs without question.

Add to that, TO's agent has met Favre's James (Bus) Cook and even knows his phone number.

And if you remember last season the rumor tellers had it that Owens was on the very top of TT's Christmas wish list and was going to be his top target in Free Agency.

The Cowboys with Glenn and Owens are a bit long in tooth at WR and would use that 4th Rd pick to draft a young WR and Coach Phillips loves big old FB's.

Add to that the production comparisons for the past two seasons:

Moss'06' 42 - `553 - 13.2, `3 TD's (13 games)
Moss'05' 60 - 1005 - 16.8, `8 TD's (15 games)
Moss'04' 49 - `767 - 15.7, 13 TD's (13 games)

VS

Owens'06' 85 - 1180 - 13.9, 13 TD's (15 games)
Owens'05' 47 - `763 - 16.2, `6 TDs (`7 games)
Owens'04' 77 - 1200 - 15.6, 14 TD's (14 games)

What do think???

Well, since Owens has:

58 more receptions;
818 more yards; and
9 more touchdowns..

in 5 fewer games...

costs less than Moss

Maybe we should go for it! :thumbsup:

Do you think any one would notice, or should we erase the evidence of our co-conspiracy???

Or is that too Nixononian??? :rubeyes:

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A 4th and Henderson? Ya right they would want more anyways I dont care what the price is I dont want T.O EVER!

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
BTW - I'll take this opportunity to say thanks for all those position by position analysis articles. They were a enjoyable read. :thumbsup:

Thanks. Expect another on the running backs on Monday.

It is exclusive through Sunday, after which time I can post it on any forum.

I will follow it with one on the Cornerbacks.

Manuel was a part of the deal, but Dallas wanted the Pack to throw the rights to Gilbert Brown, because he wanted someone faster if he was going to have to take someone as slow as Marquand off of the Packers hands.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rumors?? How's this? Since we need a returner AND a FS, we draft Ginn(who once was a DB) and use him those ways? Heresy?? Players have switched positions before.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a rumor. Why don't we trade our 7th round pick and Noah Herron for Larry Johnson? I hear the Chiefs are shopping him, and I don't think they're going to get any better than Noah Herron and a 7.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T.O..........isn't he the same guy that WANTED to play with McNabb? As soon as he got his wish, he turned on him too. I'm SURE he would do the same with Favre.
I think they should get Gilbert Brown back, and make HIM a WR. Can you see him rumbling across the middle? They might have to put Favre 15 yards back in the shotgun to give Brown a chance to GET to the middle, but WHO would try to clothesline HIM!?!?!? :thumbsup:

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So here goes:

Rumor has it that Terrell Owens is available to the Packers for a 4th round pick and William Henderson.

Now before you dismiss this one, remember that Owens has always thought highly of Brett Favre, and in fact disrespected McNabb by saying that if Favre was the QB of the Eagles they would be Super Bowl Champs without question.

Add to that, TO's agent has met Favre's James (Bus) Cook and even knows his phone number.

And if you remember last season the rumor tellers had it that Owens was on the very top of TT's Christmas wish list and was going to be his top target in Free Agency.

The Cowboys with Glenn and Owens are a bit long in tooth at WR and would use that 4th Rd pick to draft a young WR and Coach Phillips loves big old FB's.

VS

What do think???

Well, since Owens has:

58 more receptions;
818 more yards; and
9 more touchdowns..

in 5 fewer games...

costs less than Moss

Do you think any one would notice, or should we erase the evidence of our co-conspiracy???

We dont need for the Packers to implode with this guy now. Where do these rumors come from anyhow?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't take this thread seriously Packerchick! They were just throwing it out there for some fun! It wasn't meant to be taken seriously!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't take this thread seriously Packerchick! They were just throwing it out there for some fun! It wasn't meant to be taken seriously!

Im not taking it seriously. Why would TO want to come to GB anyhow? let him go to Minnesota.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So here goes:

VS

What do think???

Well, since Owens has:

58 more receptions;
818 more yards; and
9 more touchdowns..

in 5 fewer games...

costs less than Moss

HAHAHA good one.......I want moss, but u couldnt give me TO!!!

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rumor has it that Terrell Owens is available to the Packers for a 4th round pick and William Henderson. ....

T.O. would be a great fit in Green Bay.

4th round pick and "Cheesey" and it is a done deal ! :thumbsup:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
Rumor has it that Terrell Owens is available to the Packers for a 4th round pick and William Henderson. ....

T.O. would be a great fit in Green Bay.

4th round pick and "Cheesey" and it is a done deal ! :thumbsup:
NoOoOoOoO!!!! I'm NOT going to the COWBOYS for ANY amount of money!!! :rotflmao: :thumbsup:

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NoOoOoOoO!!!! I'm NOT going to the COWBOYS for ANY amount of money!!! :rotflmao: :thumbsup:

But Cheesey, you would like it there.

Tony Romo is a "Young Brett Favre" :razz:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts