Let's not panic yet...

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Green Bay has played poorly, they haven't met expectations, and they've had an abundance of injuries...

But we are 3-2, and that's as much... if not more than most the teams in the NFC can say.

Other than Atlanta (4-1), Chicago (4-1), and Tampa Bay (3-1), every other NFC team has more than one loss throughout the first five weeks of the season. Tampa Bay has been very fortunate in some of their victories and Chicago.... well, this season was built for them if it continues like this.

Right now, we just gotta keep bodies healthy for the long run (easier said than done). I'd say most other teams' fanbases are probably as frustrated as ours right now outside of the Jets, Steelers, Ravens, and possibly the Chiefs just based on them thinking they'd win maybe 3 games this year. I really don't know how to explain this parity throughout the first 5 weeks because it's not even that teams are playing that good...it's most just bad play from everyone.

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree, im just reading all of these post and shaking my head. people are so quick to jump off the wagon. the same thing happend last year after the TB game. people kept saying 7-9 at best we suck blah blah blah. we just need to get our **** together and we will be fine. i would rather the pack play the worst football in the beginning of the season then in the playoffs. players will come back, the backups we have are not to bad either. quarless played well today in place of finley, hawk and poppinga played well, jackson played well also. though i do think we need to make a change at RB. dont panic people, we can only go up from here :happy0005:

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
>Packers
>Healthy

it is time to panic. matthews is gone for at least a week, same with finley, and only by an act of god does rodgers play next week. 3-3. then what.

erik_m_vos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree, im just reading all of these post and shaking my head. people are so quick to jump off the wagon. the same thing happend last year after the TB game. people kept saying 7-9 at best we suck blah blah blah. we just need to get our **** together and we will be fine. i would rather the pack play the worst football in the beginning of the season then in the playoffs. players will come back, the backups we have are not to bad either. quarless played well today in place of finley, hawk and poppinga played well, jackson played well also. though i do think we need to make a change at RB. dont panic people, we can only go up from here :happy0005:

I've been complaining of the lack of signings not because I'm off the wagon, but because I fear for the future of the team and players. We've noticed a lot of injuries in the past two/three games. That's going to continue until we get some depth at all positions. We're short in every area on defense and when you have to have your starters play the entire game, they're GOING to get hurt. Even stud starters need a breather now and then. Our Dline is banged up and short, our LB's are now short without Barnett, and our CB's are VERY short and in dire need of help. If we're to make a run at the playoffs and push towards the super bowl, we need to keep players healthy and to do that, we need to NOT play them every single snap of the game. Heck, if we didn't have 4 TE's and 3 FB's, we might have room to add some more talent to help out with injuries! lol:viksux:

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right on, still a LOT of football left this season, no need to jump off the wagon at this point. Today was a tough one to watch, I must admit (got to see it at FedEx Field, great time!!). Only hope is the coaching staff can make the corrections and some of the guys start to get healthy. Concerned, yes; paniced, not now. I've seen almost all of the championship teams in GB and this doesn't feel like one so far but it is still very early and no team is really standing out. Gotta believe folks.

Recursive

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah panicking at this point in the season is pointless. Being extremely frustrated with the coaching staff and their inability to recognize that our run game is pathetic and that they wont adjust their game plan as situations get sticky game to game is totally reasonable.

Injuries have plagued us and the coaching staff (mainly McCarthy) Hopefully he pulls his head out and addresses the issues that are sucking the life out of what could be the most potent and forceful team in the league. At this point with injuries, I cant see the Pack being the team they could have ended up being this year, but hope is not lost. We are still a playoff team if the coaching staff decides we are. Giving up on the run game after game is starting to really drive me insane, as Im sure it is with most of you as well.

Lets not give up on this team quite yet.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Sorry guys, maybe not panic, but man it's time to be worried. What percentage of our starting team is injured? We're in trouble right now. I don't even want to pinpoint the problems until I can analyze the game further. All I know is that was ours, no doubt about it, just bad play in combination of too many injuries. I don't know about panicking, but man am I worried about this season.

A-Rod_is_God

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think we need to start panicking until we get completely blown out. Miami is a winnable game. they haven't been looking very good either

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no lets panic

we lost to the bears and 'skins

we just played a game where we threw it 50 times and ran it 10

AND we haven't even gotten to the tough part of the schedule yet!

how do u ppl think we are goinng to win these nest games!?!?!? 12 and 21 cant DO IT ALL!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
ARod-is-God Thank you for that, but I still have to worry now that A-Rod may be injured. We haven't had a back-up QB start and that just seems scary. I really hope the team improves soon.

A-Rod_is_God

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it does seem scary. but i have some faith in flynn. and were going to face a dolphin team quarterbacked by chad henne, who has performed like a back up QB haha

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
After giving the news some time to sink in, maybe we needed this shock to make TT to find a running back, because we need to have a run game. I just want Rodgers to play December 5th.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no. just stop with the RB. TT isnt getting one. especially not now. we have bigger fish to fry.

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack is a 2nd half team under MM

The Pack under MM is a 2nd half of the season team. That said, if we can get healthy and stave off any more injuries to key players, there is still hope. Lots of losses for other teams this year that defy logic. Look at the points Detriot put up today. And NO loses to AZ coupled with a Dallas loss. You just never know. I agree, it doesn't look good right now though. And forget TT doing anything with cap money to get a free agent. I swear the dude has a deal where he gets to keep any extra left on the table. Kind of the inverse of MM and challenge flags. Speaking of which, why no challenges of the obvious this week. You could usually count on at least one of those at a key strategic moment, well thought out to give his team a blow when they most need it. That guy is a master of the clock, challenges and time management in general. Just like near the end of this game - why no TO when the Skins had it with under 2 minutes in regulation. They would have gotten the ball with more time on the clock and would not have had to clock it and kick the long field goal in regulation. What a penga. My 10 year old kid was calling for a TO on that one.

mcnabb5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys are 3-2 what is to be worried about ?. You lose to two good teams that play hard at there houses. Geez the NFL isn't over GB can easily bust out and still make the playoffs.

Saints lost
Chargers lost
LOL Dallas lost

I mean chill.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never did hear what happened to Jermichael or Clay Matthews. anyone got a link?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's time to panic yet. Wait until the end of the season and if we are still playing poorly, then go ahead and rip out your hair, run screaming in the streets and stomp your neighbor's flower garden in your delirium. I do think we need time to wallow though. Everyone needs their own time to wallow, wallowing is cleansing. So lets wallow for a bit and get back on the horse. I think this is going to be one of those weird years where you just never know what is going to happen next. I think it will come out right in the end, I have such faith in this team. Even if it doesn't, even if we have a losing season and we can blame it on whoever we want, they will still be my team and I'll stand by them any day! I'd rather be a Packer fan even on their worst day than be a Vikings fan. This team will surprise us I think. Draw inspiration from the freakin Giants if we have too. Everyone thought they were toast, look at them now! That could be us! As the song goes, we'll be singing when we're winning. I love this team and it hurts to see them lose, but at the end of the day, my heart still bleeds green and gold. We just might need a tourniquet for a little bit.