Let's look at the schedule

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW I freely admit my "analysis" means very little. But for fun and debate sake:

at Seattle - Likely loss - I know it's the preseason, but Wilson looks better than ever and they return almost everyone. I expect us to have major problems with harvin as well. I expect a close hard fought game, but we know how hard it is to win there.

NYJ - Likely win - I see no reason why the Jets won't stink this year and it's at home.

at Detroit - Likely win - Detroit's offense should be great, but Rodgers owns Detroit and the Packers offense is well suited to domes.

at Chicago - Coin flip - Chicago should be really good, but Rodgers does have a great record against them.

Minnesota - Likely win - Minnesota might be improved, but they likely will be starting a rookie qb on the road (or Christian Ponder) . Either way seems like a victory.

At Miami - Likely win - I see little reason why Miami will be decent.

Carolina - Coin Flip - I actually expect Carolina to regress. Last years schedule was very favorable. Still a tough matchup, but at home.

at New Orleans - Likely loss - Saints should be good again and we know they play great at home.

Chicago - Likely win - Another tough game, but the Bears are not good at lambeau of late.

Philadelphia - Coin flip - I'm a big believer in Chip Kelly and I'd imagine we will have big problems defending their RBs out of the slot. Game is at home though.

at Minnesota - Likely win - Rodgers in a dome against a mediocre team

New England - Coin flip - Patriots defense should be improved, but Tom Brady just isn't the same as before and the game is at home.

Atlanta - Likely win - Most people are predicting a much better Atlanta team. I don't see it. But either way the game is at home.

At Buffalo - Likely win - Weather should be terrible, but Buffalo just isn't very good.

At Tampa Bay - Likely win - Does this really need to be explained?

Detroit - Likely win - Might be resting our starters, but I'll take the pack at home.

So I'm predicting somewhere between 10-14 victories. And yes I'm well aware that the pack can easy lose to lousy teams.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At what point in your predictions do the Packers lose both Rodgers and Flynn to injuries and have to rely on Tolzien? I see that most people are predicting this scenario by advocating to have all three on the 53-man roster. Surely we need to factor losses in for that.... :D

OP
OP
Oski

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At what point in your predictions do the Packers lose both Rodgers and Flynn to injuries and have to rely on Tolzien? I see that most people are predicting this scenario by advocating to have all three on the 53-man roster. Surely we need to factor losses in for that.... :D

Feel free to move everything to "likely loss" if that happens. . .

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I have full confidence in Flynn. As a younger guy he did very well every time he relieved Rodgers. With time in this system again, I'm pretty sure he could carry the load again. Last year, for many reasons, was an usual year and will not likely occur again even if Rodgers gets hurt.

OP
OP
Oski

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I have full confidence in Flynn. As a younger guy he did very well every time he relieved Rodgers. With time in this system again, I'm pretty sure he could carry the load again. Last year, for many reasons, was an usual year and will not likely occur again even if Rodgers gets hurt.

He's a fine placeholder, but if god forbid Rodgers went down week 1, I don't know if he'd lead the pack to the playoffs.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO the reason to keep both Flynn and Tolzien this season is if they believe Tolzien can become a good backup QB in 2015 and beyond and because there very likely won’t be a QB on the PS that can be depended upon at all this season. Next season they can choose between Flynn and Tolzien as the backup and hopefully acquire another developmental QB that will be in Green Bay for all of next offseason.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The future is uncertain and we base our fears on the past.

OP
OP
Oski

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For example?

off the top of my head there was that year kurt warner and matt leinert got injured in the same game. warner was able to complete the game, but they quickly signed two more qbs because both went on injured reserve. The jets lots pendington and fiedler in one game. The eagles under reid had a year they lost 3 qbs. I'd have to think the number of teams that have lost two qbs to injury in an entire season has to be a pretty large number.

and then of course there is the infamous body bag game: http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2007/6/29/12918/3085.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
BTW I freely admit my "analysis" means very little. But for fun and debate sake:

at Seattle - Likely loss - I know it's the preseason, but Wilson looks better than ever and they return almost everyone. I expect us to have major problems with harvin as well. I expect a close hard fought game, but we know how hard it is to win there.

NYJ - Likely win - I see no reason why the Jets won't stink this year and it's at home.

at Detroit - Likely win - Detroit's offense should be great, but Rodgers owns Detroit and the Packers offense is well suited to domes.

at Chicago - Coin flip - Chicago should be really good, but Rodgers does have a great record against them.

Minnesota - Likely win - Minnesota might be improved, but they likely will be starting a rookie qb on the road (or Christian Ponder) . Either way seems like a victory.

At Miami - Likely win - I see little reason why Miami will be decent.

Carolina - Coin Flip - I actually expect Carolina to regress. Last years schedule was very favorable. Still a tough matchup, but at home.

at New Orleans - Likely loss - Saints should be good again and we know they play great at home.

Chicago - Likely win - Another tough game, but the Bears are not good at lambeau of late.

Philadelphia - Coin flip - I'm a big believer in Chip Kelly and I'd imagine we will have big problems defending their RBs out of the slot. Game is at home though.

at Minnesota - Likely win - Rodgers in a dome against a mediocre team

New England - Coin flip - Patriots defense should be improved, but Tom Brady just isn't the same as before and the game is at home.

Atlanta - Likely win - Most people are predicting a much better Atlanta team. I don't see it. But either way the game is at home.

At Buffalo - Likely win - Weather should be terrible, but Buffalo just isn't very good.

At Tampa Bay - Likely win - Does this really need to be explained?

Detroit - Likely win - Might be resting our starters, but I'll take the pack at home.

So I'm predicting somewhere between 10-14 victories. And yes I'm well aware that the pack can easy lose to lousy teams.
Umm, Ponder will be third string. Cassel will be starting. And oh yeah, they aren't playing in a dome this year. The Metrodome is a hole in the ground right now.

OP
OP
Oski

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Umm, Ponder will be third string. Cassel will be starting. And oh yeah, they aren't playing in a dome this year. The Metrodome is a hole in the ground right now.

I still think the pack will be ok. Thanks for the info

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The Metrodome is a hole in the ground right now.
It's never looked so good.
It always was, at least figuratively.
Another reason to party!
Are the Vikings still practicing there?

Thanks for the setup, couldn't resist. :D

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
It's never looked so good.
It always was, at least figuratively.
Another reason to party!
Are the Vikings still practicing there?

Thanks for the setup, couldn't resist. :D
I didn't like the Metrodump from the first time I stepped into the first year it was built. Thought it was a waste playing football in that place. Still don't like the idea of indoor football but I understand why they do it. At least the new one will have natural light during the day.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't like the Metrodump from the first time I stepped into the first year it was built. Thought it was a waste playing football in that place. Still don't like the idea of indoor football but I understand why they do it. At least the new one will have natural light during the day.
What do you see for the Vikings this year playing all their home games outdoors?
And what do you think about that guy on the motorcycle?
We have Saint Vince and you have, well, him.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you see for the Vikings this year playing all their home games outdoors?

Have you seen the guy they call pack daddy? He is interesting to say the least

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Cassel will start the season. Teddy B could be playing half the season if Cassel does falter.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you seen the guy they call pack daddy? He is interesting to say the least
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you with great regret, Pack Daddy.
Applause is optional.

And the Vikings have this wanna be Hulk Hogan looking fruit cake :

I swear. Sometimes when they show crowd shots I think they switched to footage showing a Halloween party by mistake.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
As to outdoors? I don't think it will be that big of a deal. They don't play on real grass(it's "Field Turf") so the only man differences will be the wind and the rain. If it rains or snows. In the long run, I think it helps them. Playing on the road has been the bane of their existence the last 10 years. Most of those games have been outside and I think playing outside at home can only help. If I am right, they only have two indoor games this year. The Rams and the Lions. We shall see. Looking at what I think will be the final 53 I predict a .................That's for another thread. :)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think that these two would make a buttugly love child

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm excited for the Vikings to play at the Gophers stadium. #1 it's a great stadium for football. #2 when the Vikings are officially out of the playoff chase, I'll be able to get some decent prices to watch pro football outdoors. #3 I can take lightrail to the stadium and back. No parking issues.

The Vikings will do about .500 this year unless they really respond under Zimmer. Their defense has a long way to go with a lot of holes to fill, but their offense should be surprisingly good with two decent QBs, AP, several good receivers, and Norv Turner pulling the switches.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm excited for the Vikings to play at the Gophers stadium. #1 it's a great stadium for football. #2 when the Vikings are officially out of the playoff chase, I'll be able to get some decent prices to watch pro football outdoors. #3 I can take lightrail to the stadium and back. No parking issues.

The Vikings will do about .500 this year unless they really respond under Zimmer. Their defense has a long way to go with a lot of holes to fill, but their offense should be surprisingly good with two decent QBs, AP, several good receivers, and Norv Turner pulling the switches.
Think they got a chance to beat us in either game?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should beat them both times but they always have a chance. They've beaten us with Ponder so I'd think they at least have a shot at it with better QB play and better coaches.

I'll say this. Zimmer and Turner are head-over-heals better coaches than any that I've seen here in years. Frazier, Childress, and Tice have all been jokes. The new coaches seem to know what they are doing.

Members online

Latest posts