Let's hit the ground running.

Rpbert Larsen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, I'm supposed to introduce myself. I'm 52, so have seen a few games. Never wavered as a fan, but have certainly enjoyed the last 20 years more than the previous 20. I never became a Brett basher. I remember well what it was like before he joined the team. His time here ended badly, but history will remember him as a great player, and a great Packer.

That said, I have become a much bigger fan of Rodgers. If he is surrounded with the right talent, his time in Green Bay should be remembered as a dynasty (of course, I said the same thing about Favre after his first SB appearance). This last season was an anomaly. The offense at the end of the year was basically the same offense at the beginning of the year, but the defense had lost itself: badly
I watched the first game of the season last night, and it was kind of a shock. Against New Orleans the defense was all over the place. They stuffed the run all night. They had a goal line stand, and took over on downs. When the ball came loose you could see 7 Packer jerseys dive in to the pile. If that team had taken the field in the playoffs, neither the Giants nor the Patriots would have stood a chance. So, what happened? I think the defense started counting on the offense to pull their butts out of the fire. There was no where near the intensity in later games as there was in that first one. I don't know if it's Capers' fault, or a lack of effort by individual players; but, I hope GB reviews the season, and sees what I saw.

OP
OP
R

Rpbert Larsen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, when I caught that error I almost fixed it; but, I might be the only Rpbert on the site.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to The Family, Rupert(?) :) I enjoyed reading your intro and your perspective on the Pack. Looking forward to reading your posts!

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to forum; sometimes it is a good thing to have an alias. (I'm assuming it is Robert).

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, I'm supposed to introduce myself. I'm 52, so have seen a few games. Never wavered as a fan, but have certainly enjoyed the last 20 years more than the previous 20. I never became a Brett basher. I remember well what it was like before he joined the team. His time here ended badly, but history will remember him as a great player, and a great Packer.

That said, I have become a much bigger fan of Rodgers. If he is surrounded with the right talent, his time in Green Bay should be remembered as a dynasty (of course, I said the same thing about Favre after his first SB appearance). This last season was an anomaly. The offense at the end of the year was basically the same offense at the beginning of the year, but the defense had lost itself: badly
I watched the first game of the season last night, and it was kind of a shock. Against New Orleans the defense was all over the place. They stuffed the run all night. They had a goal line stand, and took over on downs. When the ball came loose you could see 7 Packer jerseys dive in to the pile. If that team had taken the field in the playoffs, neither the Giants nor the Patriots would have stood a chance. So, what happened? I think the defense started counting on the offense to pull their butts out of the fire. There was no where near the intensity in later games as there was in that first one. I don't know if it's Capers' fault, or a lack of effort by individual players; but, I hope GB reviews the season, and sees what I saw.
It's a pretty good observation there and I agree they seemed to slump, welcome

sent from my rooted evo4g

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Upon advice of counsel, I refuse to answer on the grounds that it might tend to incriminate me. (and you are correct, perhaps I should have put a typo in my name as well).

Members online

Latest posts