Let's give it up for Mike Sherman one last time....

Kyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman is a good man and a subpar coach. I couldn't agree with Tromadz more. We could and should have accomplished much more during his 6 years tenure. The Packers won despite the Sherman regime.

PackerCoz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:
The moment that always sticks in my mind is when Sherman stood up to Sapp after that hit on Clifton. That action says a lot about him.
Yes, and I don't know how the rest of you fellow cheeseheads think, but if there ever was a time during Mike's six years here that showed his heart, it was that moment. I cannot wait for some current or former Packer, who was in that game down in Tampa, to just catch ol' Sapp with his head turned and him get taken out of his shoes, all because it is a "rough sport" or "part of the play". My blood just boils every time I SEE a Buccaneer uniform... The Bucs are the NFC's version of the Raiders, the team Sapp is currently a part of. But the silver lining in all that, was the fact that Mike got in his face. And the rest of us Packer Nation stood behind him, AND a severely injured Chad Clifton, I might add.

Where is Kyle Turley when we need him? :twisted: And now, we have to wonder, where will Mike end up? Hopefully, where both of my teams in my neck of the woods are looking for head coaches. Maybe he'll end up in KC or St. Louis... Wait and see... :wink:

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerCoz said:
Yes, and I don't know how the rest of you fellow cheeseheads think, but if there ever was a time during Mike's six years here that showed his heart, it was that moment. I cannot wait for some current or former Packer, who was in that game down in Tampa, to just catch ol' Sapp with his head turned and him get taken out of his shoes, all because it is a "rough sport" or "part of the play". My blood just boils every time I SEE a Buccaneer uniform... The Bucs are the NFC's version of the Raiders, the team Sapp is currently a part of. But the silver lining in all that, was the fact that Mike got in his face. And the rest of us Packer Nation stood behind him, AND a severely injured Chad Clifton, I might add.

I agree with this completely, I was fed up with the Pack that year, they were underachieving, and Sherman did what he could to light a fire under this team...He did what he could to rally the team, and I remember on a few message boards I was hyping up this guy...I'm gonna call that the climax of Sherman's tenure...it's unfortunate that we saw that side of Sherman only a few times in six seasons, if he would've acted out like that some more occasions, maybe this team wins a few more games, maybe we're 7-9 this year and he keeps his job--a lesson to learn for him

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman is a good man and a subpar coach. I couldn't agree with Tromadz more. We could and should have accomplished much more during his 6 years tenure. The Packers won despite the Sherman regime.

The title of this thread is "Let's give it up for Mike Sherman one last time"

You guys can't even leave one thread alone, Mike is gone and some people just want to show their appreciation for the class, respect and success he brought to this franchise.

Try showing a little class yourself. Green Bay is not a better franchise because Mike Sherman is gone.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
For God sakes man, can't you just give Sherman some props for his effort. Honestly Trom and J-Walk, I respect you as posters but read the damn title of the thread. Don't bring the Bull-$hit of negativity into this thread. I started it to applaud a man who obviously cares deeply for this organization, not to show the negative points. Thank you for at least being able to applaud him on something, but why bring up the "he didn't get the wins he should have" argument? Either give Sherman his due props for what you believe he did well, or just shut up and not bother with this thread.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All about da Pack...calm down..calm down...man!

I'll give it up for him....

Here goes....

Goodbye ******!

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Look 66, say what you want about Mike, but even you can't deny the fact that he was passionate about the Packers. And you must at least show him some props for pouring his heart and soul into this organization. Remember this is the same man that rarely took breaks and vacations, opting to rather go out and watch the bowl games and scout talent. He lived, breathed, and bleeded Packer Green and Gold.

Step up and at least show that you have some dignity and humility and at least congratulate Mike Sherman on that. Otherwise you will have dispelled my opinion of you not being such a bad guy after all.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Look..i'm just joking here...

I never had an obsession with Sherman's ***..as DePack suggests...and he mentions it so much..that I think he is fixated on it somehow...so it was a little joke..in honor of DePack..and as Steve Martin used to say...."Well....excuuuuse me"....(now i'm dating myself..)

Yes..yes..Sherman is a nice man...He did seem to care about the Packers...He worked very hard...You can't take that away from him....

but...he just wasn't the right guy for the job....

I always thought he might have been better as an OC....working for someone else...and as far away from Tom Rossley as humanly possible...

sorry..that's the best I can do...

So I shall say no more on the matter....

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Look..i'm just joking here...

I never had an obsession with Sherman's ***..as DePack suggests...and he mentions it so much..that I think he is fixated on it somehow...so it was a little joke..in honor of DePack..

Yes..yes..Sherman is a nice man...He did seem to care about the Packers...He worked very hard...You can't take that away from him....

but...he just wasn't the right guy for the job....

I always thought he might have been better as an OC....working for someone else...and as far away from Tom Rossley as humanly possible...

sorry..that's the best I can do...

So I shall say no more on the matter....

Well thank you sir for at least being able to see past your dislike for Sherman and congratulate him on something.

Members online

Latest posts