Lets get real Packer fans, this will get ugly

GBpsyco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you remember the 80's??I am a diehard Pack fan, but lets get real.
We are going nowhwere fast.It is re-building time and that will not happen
until Aaron Rodgers is under center.Favre has got to go, he had a great career, but he is beyond his years.How in the world can a young team grow with a veteran QB?Answer;we cant.For all you positive thinkers out there, get the damn green & gold glasses off and live and think in the real world.We may not get 5 wins this season, deal with it.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya Rodgers should really be in there now we are doing bad so what it gives rodgers time to grow so when we do become good again Rodgers will be good and be leading us not us entering his first game.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Rodgers is the future of this team and he will be. But whenever it is that Favre retires Rodgers will be a lot more ready to step in and control this team because of the fact that he has been sitting on the bench learning. I really believe that. I really do

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GBpsyco said:
until Aaron Rodgers is under center.Favre has got to go, he had a great career, but he is beyond his years.How in the world can a young team grow with a veteran QB?Answer;we cant.For all you positive thinkers out there, get the damn green & gold glasses off and live and think in the real world.We may not get 5 wins this season, deal with it.

Yeah... Blame Favre for this mess. Great call. :roll:

BTW, I am just curious about one thing... If you feel we would barely mange to get 5 wins this season with Favre under center, how many would you expect with Rodgers?

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You cant just sit on the bench and learn the whole team sometimes you need to get in the damn game and play. This year if we look like we are out of the playoffs Rodgers should get the nod to start.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
GBpsyco said:

BTW, I am just curious about one thing... If you feel we would barely mange to get 5 wins this season with Favre under center, how many would you expect with Rodgers?

I said it once and I said it again, thompson is behind this mess.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
You cant just sit on the bench and learn the whole team sometimes you need to get in the damn game and play. This year if we look like we are out of the playoffs Rodgers should get the nod to start.

I agree that you have to get out there and play. But if you think Favre looks bad...rodgers would look worse..He didnt play last year at all. And he looked better in the preseason this year than he did last year and that was from 1 year of learning...

OP
OP
G

GBpsyco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
GBpsyco said:

The same, maybe less.We have got to take a few steps back to go foward.
Why dont we try to get Bart Starr to come back? Ya gotta let go man.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GBpsyco said:
The same, maybe less.We have got to take a few steps back to go foward. Why dont we try to get Bart Starr to come back? Ya gotta let go man.

We have taken more than a few back, my friend. in 2004 we went 10-6 and made the playoffs. Since the tenure of Uncle Ted, we have went 4-12 and look to have another season of the same. Now what is more logical? To blame the 3 time MVP QB we've had at the helm for 16 seasons who brought the Lombardi home for the first time in 30 years, or the GM who is responsible for the first losing season of the Favre era???

Let go of the TT love, man.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GBpsyco said:

Favre should not be the scapegoat for this very bad football team.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
blameing favre is the last thing we should do.

favre did everything he could to win.

the d is one of the biggest reasons we lost.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is disgusting. If I see one more person disrespect Favre again I am going to puke.

Favre is taking the blame for Ted Thompson. Brett still has the skills to lead this team back to the SB but he can't do it with no help. Maybe earlier in his career he could have kept this team competitive by himself, but no longer.

He needs help, he needs playmakers, he needs protection, he needs TT to get off his *** and start managing the team instead of worrying about how many pennies he can pinch.

I have been taking a beating on this board for my so called NEGATIVITY for the last 3 months, but maybe I was just being real and someof you couldn't handle it.

This team is DEVOID of any real playmakers, sorry. Don't give me the "we have talent" line of bulllshit. We have average guys who look great because they are surrounded by GARBAGE. I don't even think we have an ELITE guy on this team. Ted Thompson is responsible for this mess. Terrible move after Terrible move results in 26-0 and 4-13.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
This is disgusting. If I see one more person disrespect Favre again I am going to puke.

Favre is taking the blame for Ted Thompson. Brett still has the skills to lead this team back to the SB but he can't do it with no help. Maybe earlier in his career he could have kept this team competitive by himself, but no longer.

He needs help, he needs playmakers, he needs protection, he needs TT to get off his *** and start managing the team instead of worrying about how many pennies he can pinch.

I have been taking a beating on this board for my so called NEGATIVITY for the last 3 months, but maybe I was just being real and someof you couldn't handle it.

This team is DEVOID of any real playmakers, sorry. Don't give me the "we have talent" line of bulllshit. We have average guys who look great because they are surrounded by GARBAGE. I don't even think we have an ELITE guy on this team. Ted Thompson is responsible for this mess. Terrible move after Terrible move results in 26-0 and 4-13.

agreed

tt need to get fired.

your NEGATIVITY is the truth. the packers season was over before it even started.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerGypsy said:
DePack said:
Oh boy....there's a knowledgable well-thought out post.

Yes and there's a knowledgable well-thought out response.

After reading your first post, I thought I'd stay away from you. I'll just deal with people who understand the game, newbie.

Members online

Latest posts