Lets draft Marshawn Lynch!!!

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you guys think of drafting a RB? We need one and it seems like this kid could get it done.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being from California, I know what Marshawn Lynch brings to the table. But I don't think he' s worth a first round pick with our zone blocking scheme. When done right, we can use virtually any running back.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he is available at 16 then yes. But if he is gone, then no. We don't need to trade up to get him. I grade Kenny Irons from Auburn very high too, and he'll be a mid 2 or mid 3 rd pick.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i really hope we either get landry or lynch ... i don't know why but i have a feeling either 1 of them would be an immediate impact to our team

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being from California, I know what Marshawn Lynch brings to the table. But I don't think he' s worth a first round pick with our zone blocking scheme. When done right, we can use virtually any running back.

Every year on here when the natives get restless about drafting a back first, I make a list...of running backs who weren't drafted in thefirst round...
Clinton Portis, Rudi Johnson, Marion Barber/Julius Jones, Brian Westbrook, Tiki Barber, new to the list Frank Gore, etc. etc...they can be found, I do think it's something that should be addressed first day...

It's a shame that at our draft position there really are no high profile WR/TE's available, because that is where I'd go first...no I don't want Ted Ginn...Robert Meachem from Tennessee just declared so he might be a possibility

Running Backs...I dont think Kenny Irons makes it to #16 in round 2...I'd still like to see Tony Hunt...also there are a few solid fullback prospects, something you really don't see in the draft, such as Brandon Hancock from USC and Brian Leonard from Rutgers, could warrant round 4 consideration, both are good at running and catching from the fullback spot, and that was a position barely utilized by our offense this year

However, if all four top backs go in the first round, we might want to take Lynch to be safe, because there is a dropoff after Peterson, Lynch, Irons, Bush...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a shame that at our draft position there really are no high profile WR/TE's available, because that is where I'd go first...no I don't want Ted Ginn

Why? He is explosive, returns kicks, etc. He is only 6'0 but so is driver and jennings(actually 5'11)

I think he is definitely a possibility if he's there at 16.

Dwayne Jarrett won't likely be around, but boy if he is...happy times.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:
It's a shame that at our draft position there really are no high profile WR/TE's available, because that is where I'd go first...no I don't want Ted Ginn

Why? He is explosive, returns kicks, etc. He is only 6'0 but so is driver and jennings(actually 5'11)

I think he is definitely a possibility if he's there at 16.

Dwayne Jarrett won't likely be around, but boy if he is...happy times.

Pull for a lot of the top-15 possibility guys to declare (Alan Branch, Jamarcus Russell, etc.) and maybe that'll push Jarrett down to us, I saw him out of the top ten on a few mocks already

I don't think Ginn is going to make a good NFL reciever, I don't think I've seen him run any good routes, all of the big plays I see of him are streaks or screens, he's gotta show me, and the scouts,

Robert Meachem from UT is worth a look

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm high on drafting Jeff Samardijiza, if we had him we wouldnt need to get a high profile TE in the FA or draft.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you guys actually think ... lynch would still be available @ the 16th pick ... ??????

I think the top ten, in some order, will be:

Quinn, Russell, Peterson, Johnson, Jarrett, Thomas, Adams, Branch, Hall, Landry

A couple other prospects who would warrant consideration ahead of Lynch, IMO...my hope is for Dwayne Jarrett or Robert Meachem to drop to #16

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm high on drafting Jeff Samardijiza, if we had him we wouldnt need to get a high profile TE in the FA or draft.

how does drafting a WR help our TE problem?

Jeff is a WR not a TE face it, he's not gonna play TE in the NFL either.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tiger said:

I think what he's getting at is we'd have a guy who is taller than any of our recievers, tight ends by far and could create a matchup problem when we're in the red zone...and I think he's right

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Tiger said:

I think what he's getting at is we'd have a guy who is taller than any of our recievers, tight ends by far and could create a matchup problem when we're in the red zone...and I think he's right
Yup i was thinking purely about the red zone offense.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The RB class just got a little deeper as Michael Bush from Louisville has declared for the draft.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't see how TT could justify trading up to take Peterson when this draft is so loaded with RB talent. It sounds to me like everyone would like to see our first two rounds be two of these three positions: DB, WR, or RB. I'll take any combination of those at picks 16 and 47 with this year's talent.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's trade up in the 2nd and get Bush then, wow I'm high on this guy,.

...or trade down in the first

Maybe a team wants Marshawn Lynch, say we trade down, for example #16 for #26 and #26 round 2, and get Bush who I think is the better running back

Again this will all change in the next few months for certain

Members online

Latest posts