Lets draft Marshawn Lynch!!!

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:
It's a shame that at our draft position there really are no high profile WR/TE's available, because that is where I'd go first...no I don't want Ted Ginn

Why? He is explosive, returns kicks, etc. He is only 6'0 but so is driver and jennings(actually 5'11)

I think he is definitely a possibility if he's there at 16.

Dwayne Jarrett won't likely be around, but boy if he is...happy times.

Ginn doesn't know how to run a route.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
HatestheEagles084 said:
It's a shame that at our draft position there really are no high profile WR/TE's available, because that is where I'd go first...no I don't want Ted Ginn

Why? He is explosive, returns kicks, etc. He is only 6'0 but so is driver and jennings(actually 5'11)

I think he is definitely a possibility if he's there at 16.

Dwayne Jarrett won't likely be around, but boy if he is...happy times.

Ginn doesn't know how to run a route.

Isn't exactly sure handed either.

He's a Mike Sherman type of player. I don't mean that as an insult or anything. Sherman liked athletes. He liked projects with upside. A lot of times it didn't pan out. It did with Barnett whom was a bit of an athlete (played some safety) but it didn't with most. Thompson looks for football players. I think he'll pass on Ginn if he's there based on what he’s said and done in the past..

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I think its about time we get some use out of that #28, don't you?

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm gonna get my Ahmad Carroll Throwback in a few years! :thumbsup:

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lynch has moved up on many draft boards. He is currently #8 on Mel Kiper's big board. He is # 10 on my current board.

He simply will be drafted before the Packers get to draft.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

I'm gonna get my Ahmad Carroll Throwback in a few years! :thumbsup:

:rotflmao: That's post of the year, hands down. And it's only January!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Yea...That is pretty good!!!!!

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the hi-lites on Lynch and to me they looked good but not wildly better than a dozen other films. I wouldn't give up a 1st for him given the obviously greater needs elsewhere, ergo TE, FS, Nickel back, etc. Besides, the improvement (or not) of our OL is going to have more effect on the running game than just a new face, IMO. It always does. If they can make the zone blocking work this year, even Morency will look good.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lynch has moved up on many draft boards. He is currently #8 on Mel Kiper's big board. He is # 10 on my current board.

He simply will be drafted before the Packers get to draft.

By who?

Miami has Ronnie Brown.
Pittsburgh has Willie Parker. Ignore Countdown having Lynch there because they simply will not take Lynch.
San Fran has Frank Gore.
St. Louis has Steve Jackson.

Only way I see Lynch going in the top 10 is if Cleveland trades down to like 7 and takes Adrian Peterson and Houston is left to take Lynch at 8.

Otherwise he's going to fall to #16 for the Packers. The only thing you have to worry about is a team like the Giants or Jets trading up in front of Green Bay to take him. Outside of that he's going to fall because RB just isn't a huge need in the NFL right now. There are a lot of good young ones already in the league.

Reaction score
Porky, I don't think the Jets are going to be looking for a RB, particularly because I believe they got their guy last year in Leon Washington. He did show some ability, and I'd think Mangini coming over from the Pats would know the value in investing some time in players that show you something.

The Giants are the only team that I'd be concerned about, but I'd think the new GM would be really keen on keeping his picks. Trading for Manning cost the Giants a ton in terms of future picks, and I think they are seeing the effect with no real good players who are about to enter their prime.

I do agree with you, that I really don't see any team trading to get Lynch.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Washington will flourish in a 2 back system, the Jets will take a RB early but its touch and go whether they decide to trade up or not, the joker in the pack is the Redskins, they are likely to do anything with their 1st round pick so dont be surprised to see someone throw some trade offers on their desk.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Porky, I don't think the Jets are going to be looking for a RB, particularly because I believe they got their guy last year in Leon Washington. He did show some ability, and I'd think Mangini coming over from the Pats would know the value in investing some time in players that show you something.

The Giants are the only team that I'd be concerned about, but I'd think the new GM would be really keen on keeping his picks. Trading for Manning cost the Giants a ton in terms of future picks, and I think they are seeing the effect with no real good players who are about to enter their prime.

I do agree with you, that I really don't see any team trading to get Lynch.

I read something that the Jets might offer a 2nd for Michael Turner of San Diego so that could take them out anyways. Washington seems more like a scat back to me.

It's just a matter of need when it comes to backs. Like last year nobody thought DeAngelo Williams and Laurence Maroney would fall so far and they fell into mid and late round 1. Green Bay is in great position to pickup Lynch. I think the hard part for the Packers would be if Lynch and Jarrett are both on the board when we pick. Then what do we do? I opt for Lynch because he can help out in the passing game as well as the running game but can't say I'd be mad if we got Dwayne Jarrett. Although my honest opinion is Jarrett is gone by the time we pick.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
scratch that:

NO CHARGES FOR LYNCH

Agent Doug Hendrickson of Octagon, who represents former Cal running back Marshawn Lynch, tells us that the Alameda County district attorney will not be pursuing charges against Lynch arising from allegations that Lynch sexually assaulted a woman in Oakland on December 13, 2006.

Last week, a judge entered a restraining order against Lynch at the woman's request. But that decision is irrelevant to the question of whether he will face any type of prosecution for the alleged misdeeds. Per the prosecuting attorney for the county in which the action allegedly occurred, no charges will be filed, which means that the case is closed.

Of course, this doesn't prevent the woman in question from filing a civil suit against Lynch, if she so chooses. The standard of proof is significantly lower in civil proceedings, where any liability would be addressed via an award of money damages.

Lynch is regarded as one of the top running backs in the draft, and likely will be taken in the first round.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
naw nfl.com shop has as thing where u enter data in a form and its makes a mock up the jersey like this one, its a Ryan Longwell throwback. :-D

Members online

Latest posts