Lets compare Aaron Rodgers to everyone

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how Lane Johnson says in that first article that even Aaron Rodgers isn't going to produce if you don't give him time. Perhaps he's not familiar with several of our offensive lines in recent years up until last year.

Sky King

Reaction score
Had to blow the dust off this thread. The other QBs have not gotten that much better since Summer. But Aaron Rodgers seems to have narrow the gap by slipping back to their level. He's been delivering the kinds of performances that would first be anticipated from him when he finally grows to be as old as Peyton Manning. He's not been himself lately.

Come back, Aaron! Please come back!

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still difficult to see who would trump him. Who would you trade him for currently?
I'm sure he'd have better stats if you hadn't lost Nelson, Rodger's favourite and best receiver.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Unless he has an unknown physical ailment or personal problem that we are not being made aware of, I'm not too worried about AR. His only knock has been playing below par when things are going bad and this year unfortunately is a shining example of that. So maybe this year will help with that aspect of his game and he will learn that he can only do so much.

Last edited:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a good thing. Even in times of struggle I'd rather have AROD at the helm than any other QB in the league. We know the QB we have in him we've seen it before.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not interested in seeing him get traded. Just in seeing him return to his old accurate, composed, confident self. It's been a while.
Agree, I was just making the point that you wouldn't trade him for anyone else if you had the choice because there's no one better (Romo obviously, but he's made of sugar glass).

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even at his worst, he's still better than some. When he's great, there's nobody better. I can't imagine the team without him.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is not what's the matter with the Packers. It's what's the matter with the Packers that is the matter with Aaron Rodgers.

The injuries, mistakes, the new offensive coaching structure. Those are what has taken Rodgers down from his usual perch.

Still, they are just one missed field goal and two shortfalls on final drives from being 9-2 or 10-1.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Aaron Rodgers is not what's the matter with the Packers. It's what's the matter with the Packers that is the matter with Aaron Rodgers.

The injuries, mistakes, the new offensive coaching structure. Those are what has taken Rodgers down from his usual perch.

Rodgers hasn´t been close to performing on top of his game this season and absolutely deserves to share some responsibility for the Packers struggles.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers hasn´t been close to performing on top of his game this season and absolutely deserves to share some responsibility for the Packers struggles.

I never said Rodgers never made any mistakes this season or in the past. However, it's the old which came first the chicken or egg question.

Is Rodgers' game off because of the other issues and problems with the offense or is the offense off because of ARod's play. I believe it's much more the former than the latter.

D

Deleted member 6794

Is Rodgers' game off because of the other issues and problems with the offense or is the offense off because of ARod's play. I believe it's much more the former than the latter.

An elite quarterback like Rodgers should be able to elevate the performance of the players around him. He hasn´t done that over the last few weeks which has resulted in the offense struggling.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An elite quarterback like Rodgers should be able to elevate the performance of the players around him. He hasn´t done that over the last few weeks which has resulted in the offense struggling.

So, you're saying the offense is struggling because Aaron Rodgers hasn't been "able to elevate the performance of the players around him".

It doesn't have anything to do with a mostly (not completely) ineffective running game, total lack of a deep pass catching threat or 23 dropped passes.

How about somebody stepping up and elevating Aaron Rodger's play by making a great catch, busting free for a nice run, or maybe even a defensive score or two?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, you're saying the offense is struggling because Aaron Rodgers hasn't been "able to elevate the performance of the players around him".

It doesn't have anything to do with a mostly (not completely) ineffective running game, total lack of a deep pass catching threat or 23 dropped passes.

How about somebody stepping up and elevating Aaron Rodger's play by making a great catch, busting free for a nice run, or maybe even a defensive score or two?
Not that I don't think Rodgers has his share of blame for the recent struggles, but the above is true to a large extent. In the past he was helped out at times by a receiver making a great catch, all great QB's are, and he consistently helped them out with great passes, on time and on target. This year?? oh man, they can't catch the easy ones at times, let alone help him out by fighting for a ball and making the catch. Then toss in some bad throws and everything else and we're stuck in mud.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Exactly, that is the most ridiculous statement I've heard. Does Brady elevate the players around him? Yes. Has he been surrounded by subpar players in the past and struggled as a result? Absolutely. He can't make the receivers get open or catch his passes.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Going to say it again....love AR.....wouldn't want another QB right now. BUT......my one knock on AR is that he does not handle adversity or mistakes very well. When the offense is rolling and playing well, he has proven to be deadly. But when the offense is off, the opposite happens. Instead of picking his teammates up when they blow an assignment or drop a ball, he gets that glazed look in his eyes of disgust and it usually sets the tone for the rest of the game. This look has been more and more this year. It's no secret that "you have to earn AR's trust", that is fine, but if other players mistakes start causing you to make mistakes due to your unhappiness or lack of trust, you are not only not helping your teammates to elevate their game, you are hurting your team with your own mistakes. Bottom line, AR has a lot on his shoulders when it comes to the offense and he and everyone else knows it, but he needs to take a page out of his own book and just R E L A X. Hope the players around him sense this and begin playing less like the whole teams success rests on every play they make or don't make.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet one naughty little lion went to bed without any wilderbeest sandwiches last night.

Facemask fool

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers has had a ton of terrible throws this season and has missed open receivers way more often than in previous years. While the receivers have struggled Rodgers deserves some blame for the offense struggling as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts