Letroy Guion suspended first 4 games next season for violating NFL policy on PEDs

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`m all for giving anybody a second chance, but this guy is just an idiot. Cut him loose.

Vince Lombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weed, PEDs, what will be next? I firmly believe in giving young people a second chance after they make dumb mistakes. Third chances just reflects poorly upon the person/entity enabling the dumb mistakes.

Actually this is more like his 5th chance! Cut this fool!

The problems for Guion started long before his drug-related arrest two years ago. On Oct. 24, 2015, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel published an investigation detailing years of legal issues for Guion dating to his time with the Minnesota Vikings, who drafted him in the fifth round in 2008.

Guion had been charged in criminal cases three times prior to his arrest as a member of the Packers, and these included a stalking charge and two domestic violence incidents that resulted in three counts of battery. In one of the domestic violence incidents, Guion was charged with hitting the mother of his child in the jaw.

The Packers signed Guion as a street free agent after the Vikings released him in March 2014. They since have re-signed him to two more contracts, including a three-year deal worth up to $11 million inked in February 2016. The contract was heavy on incentives and contained only $500,000 in guaranteed money.

H

HardRightEdge

I`m all for giving anybody a second chance, but this guy is just an idiot. Cut him loose.
Guys who are serially busted for recreational drugs might be idiots. Guys who get busted for performance enhancing drugs may feel they need them to stay in the league, and if that is in fact the case, they do not qualify as idiots.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read (can't find link at the moment) that Guion was due a $400K roster bonus due later this week but since his suspension has re-worked his deal to postpone or move that bonus deadline. That means, to me, that the Packers aren't planning on releasing him, otherwise they would've done so already.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I read (can't find link at the moment) that Guion was due a $400K roster bonus due later this week but since his suspension has re-worked his deal to postpone or move that bonus deadline. That means, to me, that the Packers aren't planning on releasing him, otherwise they would've done so already.

They can't release him because they don't have anybody else at this stage to replace him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hope it's just to wait and see what's happening in FA and the draft. If they can cover their bases he's gone. At least that's my hope

D

Deleted member 6794

They can't release him because they don't have anybody else at this stage to replace him.

The Packers have ample time to address the defensive line this offseason to be able to release Guion. There's no reason to rely on him anymore.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What?? How hard is it to find better than a 320 lb. DT/DE with marginal pass rush ability and guaranteed to play a maximum of 12 regular season games?

Not sure why TT didn't cut him Tuesday, but he won't be difficult to replace AND will free-up $3.28Mil. His restructure to delay $400K roster bonus was his only shot at NOT being cut this week.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
What?? How hard is it to find better than a 320 lb. DT/DE with marginal pass rush ability and guaranteed to play a maximum of 12 regular season games?

Obviously for the Packers it's pretty hard. People still talking about bringing Raji back.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously for the Packers it's pretty hard. People still talking about bringing Raji back.
TT will pick-off of the NT scrap heap once the big $$ is used up and find a guy like John Jenkins (6'-3", 359lbs - 28 yrs. old, Johnathan Hankins (6'-2", 320-25 yrs. old), or Sylvester Williams (6'-2", 313 lbs - 28 yrs old).

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol he's not even that good tho.hes marginal. Cut him move Clark to NT and move Lowery to DE. No one will miss him trust me.

OP
OP
C-Lee

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're keeping him. They just restructured his final 2 years.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...............Buh bye. Enough already! What happened to the Packers players having accountability? Kick this guy to the curb and move on!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
...............Buh bye. Enough already! What happened to the Packers players having accountability? Kick this guy to the curb and move on!

Only thing new on the curb in Green Bay are the signs......

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers and Guion agreed to restructure his contract in a way that allows the Packers to release him without as big of a hit. The hit is still "minor" and I don't think Guion's job is by any means safe anymore now than it was before the restructure.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-restructures-contract-in-wake-of-suspension/

In my opinion that's a smart move by the Packers as it allows the team to evaluate the state of the defensive line over the first four weeks of the regular season before having to make a decision on Guion.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In my opinion that's a smart move by the Packers as it allows the team to evaluate the state of the defensive line over the first four weeks of the regular season before having to make a decision on Guion.

Agreed and it wouldn't surprise me that with the relatively low cap hit sustained by releasing him, it was an easy negotiation for the Packers to make with Guion. "Take the restructure, prove yourself or we just cut you loose now".

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Guys who are serially busted for recreational drugs might be idiots. Guys who get busted for performance enhancing drugs may feel they need them to stay in the league, and if that is in fact the case, they do not qualify as idiots.

Either way the guy is an idiot and the team can do without him.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts