Letroy Guion expected to sign 1 yr deal with Pack

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Pack12TX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? I had so much hope for this guy. I don't understand why athlete's continue to put themselves in these types of situations.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers statement on the story:

We are aware of a serious matter involving Letroy Guion. We have not yet spoken to Letroy and we will have no further comment.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Disappointed. This might sound bad but...just don't get caught...how hard is it? Or don't do it at all and climate the risk all together...wait till you're done with football.

Maybe Raji's time to prove something now.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 separate issues. The first, weed is booze, just drop it already.

2nd, no matter your view on the rule, rules are rules. If you're looking for a new contract after just playing a pretty decent year, keep your damn nose clean. Put the buddha pipe down for a few years while you make your living that will leave you pretty financially well off in a few years.

I had hopes for him too, but I guess our need for DL just went up and the offseason just started. I guess the good news is he isn't going to cost anything more than the vet minimum to sign again :)

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

In addition he was charged with a felony of possessing a firearm.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stupid but can't fault the guy personally, I wager this guy wouldn't cut muster with Lombardi's Packers. Their drug of choice might have been alcohol but Max and Hornung knew how to throw em down.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought carrying loaded firearms was a civic duty in Florida.

Weed, on the other hand, can only be gotten away with in Colorado or Washington.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let him walk. He's pretty good but he can be replaced.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teach me how to Raji...Teach me how to Raji!!! He has to be sitting in an awfully comfortable spot now.

I can't imagine they bring Guion back now that its a felony and includes a weapons charge.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We welcomed back Jolly after his drug transgressions, so I won't be so quick as to say Guion won't be coming back. Generally I could care less about the weed part and generally could care less about carrying a gun, but it's reported that he had a lot of weed and the gun. That adds up to more than just a gun-loving American expressing his constitutional right.

NT just catapulted right up into a top need even if they do bring Guion back. He's now got question marks. If this is only his first offense, the next would trigger a suspension. I'm sure TT will look for another Guion in the FA market, but whether one meets his criteria is a whole other question.

H

HardRightEdge

At least he's not a core player. What makes it bad is he's the second best D-Lineman in a weak group with no depth. "Average player" in this case is more meaningful than in other years or with other teams.

Anyway, it doesn't say if the firearm was unlicensed. It doesn't say if he was holding dealer quantities. There's no mention of a DUI. If it was simple possession with a licensed firearm and he wasn't driving, he might be able to plead down to a simple misdemeanor with the usual attachments...probation, fine, community service, etc.

I would not rule out the Packers offering him a contract if it's the mildest scenario with a short suspension. It might even get him back on a discounted one year deal.

It's not like the Packers haven't kept players in trouble in recent years:

- Mike Neal was suspended for four games for what he said was Adderall.
- The Packers signed Anthony Hargrove as a FA a couple years back after he'd been suspended twice for drugs and then again in the New Orleans Bountygate debacle.
- Erik Walden was arrested for beating up his girlfriend and finished out the season and his contract.
- Brandon Underwood was busted for soliciting a ********** and then again a year later for beating up his girlfriend. He was kept until final cuts in the ensuing preseason, but that had more to do with him sucking than character issues.
- Jolly came back after 3 years and serial issues with codeine.

We await further details.

On the general subject, the NFL tests only once per year for drugs between April and August unless a guy is already in the "program". The NFL is so concerned with marijuana they more than doubled the THC testing threshold in 2014. Ricky Williams got busted for a THC level below the current threshold, so that should give some indication. Ex-players have reported that many players use marijuana in-season for pain management, preferring it over pills or needles. I think the league would welcome federal legalization with open arms.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score

This makes it much worse. Now hearing he also had about 20 grams of weed. He aint looking to smoke all that I would think...Time to let this guy go no question.

edit: apparently he had roughly 190,000 dollars in cash when he was arrested, along with two ziplock bags full of marijuana and a 9mm

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

This story is gettimg really weird. Guion charged with possession of 9mm semi-automatic handgun, 357 grams of marijuana last night, per police. In addition he had more than $190,000 in cash with him.

H

HardRightEdge

A felony drug charge in Florida is for possession of more than 20 grams.
20 grams is nothing...less than an ounce. I'm sure an ounce would be plead down for a first offender without extenuating circumstances. We await further details.

H

HardRightEdge

...apparently he had roughly 190,000 dollars in cash when he was arrested, along with two ziplock bags full of marijuana and a 9mm
If that's the case, then Mr. Guion has a real problem. That could be dope measured in pounds and the cash is some serious circumstantial sh*t. Time to reshuffle the FA/draft priorities.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
....Helloooooooo Raiders.....or maybe Johnny Footloose needs a body guard during his rehab?

H

HardRightEdge

This story is gettimg really weird. Guion charged with possession of 9mm semi-automatic handgun, 357 grams of marijuana last night, per police. In addition he had more than $190,000 in cash with him.
That's 13 ounces...dealer quantity.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Broncos could field a really good team if the NFL would lift their marijuana ban for any players smoking it in States where it is legal. Would give a whole new meaning to Mile High Stadium!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
13 ounces? dang, i keep getting replays of Platoon over and over in my head, "we gonna get highhighhhh"

Members online

Latest posts