Let us in

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Punter Jon Ryan and kicker Mason Crosby weren't allowed to practice on Lambeau Field on Wednesday because the painters who do the logos at midfield and the end zone were given access.

With overnight light snow in the forecast through Friday afternoon, special teams coach Mike Stock wasn't sure if they'd get on at all before the game. The field is covered with a tarp when snow is expected.

"If we're fortunate and the snow lets up we'll have a chance to go on it, uncover a portion of it (today)," Stock said.

Heavy rains Tuesday forced the Packers' kicking crew to practice on the Nitschke turf field.

"We wanted to kick some wet balls and snap some wet balls and hold some wet balls, and we did all that, it was good," Stock said.

Stock expects Lambeau's new turf to once again be in tip-top shape for the game.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that MM didnt care if the team practiced in the elements or not. Because of what he said after the Bears game.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"We wanted to kick some wet balls and snap some wet balls and hold some wet balls, and we did all that, it was good," Stock said.

note to self: don't post game shower with Mike Stock.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that MM didnt care if the team practiced in the elements or not. Because of what he said after the Bears game.

I am pretty sure he was talking about the rest of the team.

The kickers often practice in Lambeau while everyone else stays in the Hutson Center.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do kickers get any more used to kicking a wet ball, than a quarterback does throwing it?

Well, you know how you're supposed to play catch with a wet bar of soap?
Kickers kick a wet bar of soap.

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score

do you think a head coach has any involvement with special teams? i think the only time they realise they exist is when it comes time to "ice" the kicker with a timeout. the funny thing is, do you think you need a timeout to "ice" somebody at Lambeau?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike_donnelly said:

do you think a head coach has any involvement with special teams? i think the only time they realise they exist is when it comes time to "ice" the kicker with a timeout. the funny thing is, do you think you need a timeout to "ice" somebody at Lambeau?

Yes. Our ST sucked big time last year. I'm sure MM and TT put their heads together, and tried to figure out the personnel changes necessary to fix that.

In '07, our ST unit is in the top tier of the NFL. Keep in mind, ST won us our first game that we should have lost if it wasn't for them.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Before the Bears game I know they kickers went to lambeau to practice on the field..

I heard it from wssp packer insider and they made it sound like it was a very odd thing for the kickers to be there..

Members online

Latest posts