Let Finley become a Free Agent

Sirscorps

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We also need to get a running game going as well. If we don't take a RB in the draft or in FA this year we need to do so next year

We need a play-caller who will call more running plays, ESPECIALLY if they want to rotate backs (which I hate.). Backs need enough attempts to get into a groove & get a better sense of how the defense is attacking/scheming. It's no coincidence that the best backs get the most attempts. Watching the '11 Packers' running game reminded me of the Infante days where it wasn't surprising to see the QB lead the team in rushing in a few games while 1st round pick Darrell Thompson gets 6-13 attempts per game.

/Asinine.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
We need a play-caller who will call more running plays, ESPECIALLY if they want to rotate backs (which I hate.). Backs need enough attempts to get into a groove & get a better sense of how the defense is attacking/scheming. It's no coincidence that the best backs get the most attempts. Watching the '11 Packers' running game reminded me of the Infante days where it wasn't surprising to see the QB lead the team in rushing in a few games while 1st round pick Darrell Thompson gets 6-13 attempts per game.

/Asinine.

Just checking, did you know that Coach McCarthy calls the plays?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who's going to replace Finley who'll be just as effective? Finley is a threat & GB doesn't have a TE that can do the same things that Finley can. I like Quarless & he is somewhat proven but the others aren't close to be starter material. As ron Wolf once said, you want to have as many play-makers as you can get & Finley, even w/his drops, is a play-maker. Also, considering all of the weapons that GB has on offense, Finley put up very impressive numbers (55- 767- 13.9- 8) in only 13 games. Some starting Wr's don't even average 13.9 yds. per catch (which is pathetic.)! & finally, Finley won't even be 25 yrs. old until March (he entered the draft as a 3rd soph.), so he still has quite a bit of upside yet.

I am not saying dump him I'm saying let him test the market. If he leaves the Pack will be fine. We have problems spreading the ball around as it is already. Teams can handle losing their 5th best offensive player.

No one is going to "replace" him, we will have a different TE who will play differently and have different style plays designed for them.

I can't wait to see Cobb next year, he could be electric.

Ed DeCosmo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel its in the best interest of the Franchise to let Finley test Free Agency. For 2 reasons

1. His demands are too high as progress is not being made on his contract according to media reports.

2. If tagged he will lobby to be tagged as a WR. This would make him extremely overpaid. Even being franchised as a TE would make him overpaid.

If TT keeps close contact with Finley and his agent they will get a chance to beat any offer that comes Finleys way. Most likely this will be much less than Jermichael expected. This is the golden era of TEs. Most teams have a decent TE and more than ever many teams have pro bowl level TEs.

At worst he walks, we won without him so I have no doubt we could do it again.

Members online

Latest posts