1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Leroy steps into the Favre Retirement

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pack93z, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Just when a couple of short days have passed since Brett spoke yet again.. now LeRoy has somethin' to say about Favre..

It will never end I swear..

2. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    This thread will be interesting to watch. :pop:

3. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    People with this much drive, you have to practically literally pull them away kicking and screaming. I just can't imagine Favre retired. Just like I can't imagine Stephen King staying retired. Or Ozzy Osbourne. Or James Brown. Or Michael Jordan. Well, Jordan came back twice. James Brown is dead. But you get my point.

And no, we're not trading him to a division rival. Won't happen.

4. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The way Leroy explains it, it sounds even LESS likely than I thought it was before.

5. BryanAschenbrenner

BryanAschenbrenner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Butt out Leroy, as much as I like you.

6. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In Leroy's defense, he likes to talk. Sometimes a little bit too much, but he's a good guy.

7. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Personally, I would like to see Favre 'show up'. That is when you would get your real answers once and for all. Then the discussion could end.

EDIT: Nice sig 93.

8. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow - I can't see that happening "here I am - deal with me" I mean, I don't know the guy personally but I think he realizes what that would do to the team.

I'm sure it's going to be difficult for him to "stay retired." Everything I saw in that press conference and since tells me he knows the decision is final and that is what makes it all that much tougher on him.

9. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I met Leroy once. At his birthday party at Champions Bar right near Brett's Steak House. He was signing autographs for $20. a piece.

When I came up, he was talking to the owner of the bar and saying to him "Once I am in the Packers H.O.F. I am going to charge more than $20 dollars.... You know that right?"

I was not impressed that he was saying that, especially while people were around that could hear. It appeared to me that it was all about the money.

I may be wrong, he may have been just joking. But his tonality and they way he said it just did not sit right with me.

R.P.

10. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'll probably get blasted for this, but I don't like Leroy Butler. As a player, awesome, other than that, me no likey.

It started with his articles on packers.com. They were just bad and dumb and negative. Then I heard stories like RPs. Some players need to learn when they retire to just GO AWAY.

I'd like for Brett to stay involved in the sport(announcer?), but Leroy can go away please.

11. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Trom,

Honest. I was not impressed. It was not a feel good moment.

It was like a cattle call for $20 dollar bills. No emotion, no little extra smile, or "Thank You."

OH.... And if you wanted a picture with him... He was happy to do it, but you could not use your own camera.... No. In fact he had his own photographer there... That was an extra $20 or $25.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

12. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8

Yeah longtimefan had a similar experience:

[​IMG]

13. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    IronMan finder of all. Nice pic.

14. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481

Didn't happen to me, but heard from a VERY reliable source..Lot of other things too, just rather not post public..

If truly interested pm me, I'll explain

15. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Those stories are sad to hear.

Sometimes, I guess ignorance is bliss. He was one of my faves in the 90s.

16. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Butler is a kind of a prick... small little guy too...

Somebody should just tell him his autograph isnt worth 10 bucks... let alone 20

17. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Favre has retired, people should accept that, he's not coming back, he's not young, he's 38.

18. A1MEANGREEN

A1MEANGREEN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    man i really liked the butler but sure didnt know any of this. well i guess you never know people really. he was a killer player. but not one of my best like players anymore. :twocents:

19. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    I think that Favre would only come back for the money so whats the point, If he still loves the game he would have never retired in the first place

20. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think he cares about the money. He has enough of that for a lifetime and for his daughters' lifetimes.

He does love the game; he's just sick of the rest of the week. I'm under the impression he feels that the 3 hours of fun on Sunday aren't worth the lost sleep in the film room, the drills, the practices, and all the other crap.

21. Jamie

Jamie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe most (if not all) of the money Leroy Butler gets for his autograph's goes to his Leroy Butler Foundation for breast cancer. I am not trying to defend him, but it is a good cause, if this is the case.

22. Vikeman

Vikeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Brett Favre is the greatest quarterback to ever play the game...Please come don a Purple jersey you drama queen!!!!

23. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Never in a million or whatever that huge number is years.

24. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ugh. I'm going to start my own sports news website, tv show and newspaper, just so I can ignore all the Favre unretirement talk.