Lendale White

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Name one guy that you know in the NFL that is on steroids and hasn't been caught. Living on the other side of the universe gives you an excuse to be ignorant. Most players are NOT on steroids any more. This isn't your daddy's NFL anymore.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeff Mitchell, Todd Sauerbrun and Todd Steussie

Read the article.

Don't be stupid,

I quote AGAIN

Testing for testosterone is difficult. Men naturally produce it in their bodies, but the levels vary widely from one man to the next. So in the NFL, only players with testosterone levels six times above normal are flagged as potential violators.

"It's almost like saying if the speed limit on a highway's 55 miles an hour, you're gonna give a ticket to only those that are speeding at over 100 miles an hour," says Fisch. "You could be missing a tremendous amount of steroid use below that level."

The NFL says it plans to toughen its screening for testosterone to bring it in line with recently stiffened standards for Olympic athletes. But there’s one banned substance the NFL doesn’t test for at all -- Human Growth Hormone, or HGH. Like steroids, HGH can make big athletes even bigger. The NFL is supporting research to develop a urine test, but there isn’t one at the moment, which means if you’re using HGH, it’s very hard to get caught.

And you think players aren't exploiting this?

Trackrunners are faced with way better testing than NFL players, yet they use drugs, and many of them are caught, while others aren't.

You might ask why they risk their careers and lives by using illegal substances, but the strive to be the best is so strong that they ignore all this.

Are NFL players less competitive than other athletes? No, not at all,
they just don't face the same advanced testing other athletes face, with the rules in the NFL today, you have to be stupid to be caught.

You can have 6 times the normal testosterone level before even being flagged as a potential violator, I say again potential violator.

Therefore it is highly likely, and probably the case, that many players use steroids without being flagged, because they just use enough to avoid being flagged. Also, you don't need to raise your testosterone levels by six times to benefit greatly by it.

You can't ignore this DePack, there are probably many players using steroids in the NFL today, probably Packers players as well.

If the NFL were to be clean, players would drastically shrink in size.

Has anyone payed any attention to how size of the best javelin throwers in the world has developed the last 10 years?

As more comprehensive testing has been put to use, the athletes have become cleaner, and as a result of that, they have shrinked in size, and that goes for many of the olympic branches.

Just face it DePack, the NFL isn't as clean as it should be.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lendale White is a lot better than Reggie Bush at the running back position. White is 230 and can pound the middle. Bush=WR....White=RB. White will do much better in the NFL than Bush will, unless Bush moves over to the WR positionn. Bush isn't that big just fast, but everyone in the NFL is fast.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackwillBEback said:
Lendale White is a lot better than Reggie Bush at the running back position. White is 230 and can pound the middle. Bush=WR....White=RB. White will do much better in the NFL than Bush will, unless Bush moves over to the WR position. Bush isn't that big just fast, but everyone in the NFL is fast.

What's more - I heard (today) that Lendale White "will be" a definite option if he's available at numbah five. That is, of course, pending that TT doesn;t come up with an option to trade away the #5 pick so that it becomes more than what we have available to us, at this time. You know... that TT luvs to enhance his draft picks - last year, we had (what) seven.... I can certainly see TT pulling the same strategy all over again. Think about it - Whitticker didn't turn out to be too bad, now was he? Especially for a Rookie!

Just relatin' what I heard!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we get a RB with the #1 pick I will be quite upsetted. What will Gado, Najeh,Ahman,Tony,Noah,and Walt think of such a move?

(******** we got a lot of RBs)

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
if we get a RB with the #1 pick I will be quite upsetted. What will Gado, Najeh,Ahman,Tony,Noah,and Walt think of such a move?

(******** we got a lot of RBs)

they all are coming off of injuries. let's look at your list
gado-decent #2 guy, but got injured.
najeh-hasn't played a full season yet, is always hurt. every year.
ahman- suffered a terrible injury, where the muscle was torn from the bone, many have never recovered from this injury.
tony-can pass block and be usefull in checkdown routes, but will never start and be a first down back.
noah- might be ok as fishers replacement, good speed and ability to hit the hole.
walt- never be a starter, a #4 back if there are injuries.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Why only a #2 RB for Gado? I rather liked the guy. Three 100 games in I think five games. That's pretty good comparing to most of the starters in the league. He has to work on a few things sure but experience is the best way to learn.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
ahman- suffered a terrible injury, where the muscle was torn from the bone, many have never recovered from this injury.
tony-can pass block and be usefull in checkdown routes, but will never start and be a first down back.
noah- might be ok as fishers replacement, good speed and ability to hit the hole.

Ahman's knee injury = Santana Dotson's knee (well...leg) injury

Najeh Davenport...there's nothing he does that Gado can't, no point in re-signing him

Tony Fisher = role playing back, i love him for blocking...but there again if Favre goes, will we be using the shotgun as much--where Fisher gets most of his playing time

Noah Herron = Legit, not bad

Walt = who?

Gado starts...Herron backs up, Fisher comes in for certain situations...my concern is if we're gonna find a back to catch some balls out of the backfield

Depth chart:
1. Samkon Gado
2. Noah Herron
3. Tony Fisher
--somewhere between 1 and 2, either a free agent signing, or I say select a running back between rounds 3 and 5...I like Micheal Bush from Louisville or Maurice Drew from UCLA

the biggest backfield question...is Vonta Leach the answer at fullback?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Why only a #2 RB for Gado? I rather liked the guy. Three 100 games in I think five games. That's pretty good comparing to most of the starters in the league. He has to work on a few things sure but experience is the best way to learn.

Right now - I give this the litmus test and it fails.. Gado was a newbie and other teams didn't have time to prep for the unknown quantity. For a full season? Yet to be determined.... still the unknown quantity - like Cadillac, only worse. Cadillac got hurt and the season was barely halfway thru -in his rookie year, to boot.

I like the option for Lendale white, but I think we need a RB that can run horizontal, parallel to the ground, moreso that any of them we currently have - I get this inkling that Batman hangs up his cape and never plays for the Pack ever again. Of all the RB's we have, I'd keep Najeh, because he's a power runner. I like Fisher well enough - outta Notre Dame, and all - but he just doesn't have the moxie... he fears pain moreso than most others and holds back too much.

TT's in the know with THIS draft - it heavy with RB's and getting one in the 2nd round, or even the third round.. could be a page turner...

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

Gado had some trouble w/fumbleitis, that was a bit of a concern.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
dhpackr said:

Ahman's knee injury = Santana Dotson's knee (well...leg) injurry

Najeh Davenport...there's nothing he does that Gado can't, no point in re-signing him

Tony Fisher = role playing back, i love him for blocking...but there again if Favre goes, will we be using the shotgun as much--where Fisher gets most of his playing time

Noah Herron = Legit, not bad

Walt = who?

Gado starts...Herron backs up, Fisher comes in for certain situations...my concern is if we're gonna find a back to catch some balls out of the backfield

Depth chart:
1. Samkon Gado
2. Noah Herron
3. Tony Fisher
--somewhere between 1 and 2, either a free agent signing, or I say select a running back between rounds 3 and 5...I like Micheal Bush from Louisville or Maurice Drew from UCLA

the biggest backfield question...is Vonta Leach the answer at fullback?

santana dotson wasn't a RB. i think we could draft a fb in the later rounds, and who knows , maybe william henderson will return.

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think we could get Green back cheap,for one year.He won't get many offers from other teams,so the Packers might take a chance.I think it would be worth it for one year.JMO

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eastcoastpacker said:
I still think we could get Green back cheap,for one year.He won't get many offers from other teams,so the Packers might take a chance.I think it would be worth it for one year.JMO
To take Green back it would have to really be on the cheap.
He was already in decline at the end of last year. He looked like he had lost a step or TWO prior to his injury. Throw on top of that the fact that he had a very serious injury and you have to wonder do you even want to resign him.
I don't think so. Like Teddy, I think it's time to go in a different direction.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eastcoastpacker said:

at what price?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
santana dotson wasn't a RB. i think we could draft a fb in the later rounds, and who knows , maybe william henderson will return.

dotson wasn't?!?!??!?! oh wow, you see, i thought all these times he was

what i meant was Dotson didn't come close to his level of productivity after suffering this injury, so we can't expect green to--good waste of a post

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Packers source told The Post that the club is already enamored with USC running back LenDale White and that he would certainly not make it past Green Bay, which has the fifth pick in the upcoming draft.
-- New York Post

This was posted today on CNNSI.com's truth and rumors page. I can't say I like it.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hoos said:
A Packers source told The Post that the club is already enamored with USC running back LenDale White and that he would certainly not make it past Green Bay, which has the fifth pick in the upcoming draft.
-- New York Post

This was posted today on CNNSI.com's truth and rumors page. I can't say I like it.

I've never looked too seriously into anything the New York Post has said...I'm a hockey fan and they've been dead wrong on any speculation in that sport--all baseball offseason they've come up with some pretty wild rumors, nah i dont take this one to heart

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
aaaaauuuugggghhhh...

i'm so sick of people talking about COLLEGE PLAYERS....

You don't know if ANY of them are going to pan out in the PROS....

(nothing more than mental ************ imo...and we've got MONTHS of it coming...aaaauuugghhh..)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts