LeBron Hate? Why?

(After reading) Did this at all change your view on LeBron?

• Total voters

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do people have to hate on LeBron so Much? I don't understand it and here are the reasons why...
I don't mind if you hate LeBron but give some real reasons...
Wasn't clutch enough for you last night? Right, hitting a key 3 pointer with less than a minute to go to tie the game=nothing, garbage.
Overrated? Only 8 players in NBA history with 3 MVP's. They include Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and 4 others. Lebron is now one of them.
The Decision telecast? The Decision generated over $3 million(kept nothing for himself) and he donated it all to charity like The Boys & Girls Clubs of America. And ESPN wrote a beautiful story about how it benefited the kids here.It's estimated he helped hundreds of thousands of kids. (Link in the bottom)
Questioning his dedication? Take a look online about what how much effort he put into developing his post-game in the offseason. He went to legend Hakeem Olajuwon and asked him to teach him and what he could do to improve and Hakeem gladly helped him out.(Next link in the bottom) explains how his face up- post up game is already deadly. I also remember hearing something on I think it was Mike & Mike in the Morning on how he was so depressed after not winning the title last year, that he basically locked himself up, wouldn't talk to anybody and just worked on his basketball game most of the summer. I feel that shows true dedication when you see other players drinking, partying and getting in trouble in the offseason.
One last thing I want to add is why would you hate LeBron when he's never done anything dangerous or offensive like so many other famous athletes? A.K.A- Kobe's **** charges, Gilbert Arenas's gun in public, Plaxico Burress accidentaly shooting a gun in public, Michael Vick torturing dogs, Donte Stallworth manslaughter and LITERALLY SO MANY OTHERS. I don't understand why you would hate LeBron over these disgustingly dangerous and twisted people. Please comment and explain to me if you agree/disagree and why. Very interested in your responses...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6175574
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/30/how-much-has-lebron-james-post-game-improved/

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score
I completely agree. I'm partial to Kobe over Lebron, but there is no reason to hate the him. He has been a great role model for the most part. I'm pulling for the Heat this year to win it all, just to shut up all the whiny people that hate the fact he went with Bosh to Miami to create a better team. If Cleveland wanted to keep him, the should have gave him better talent than Mo Williams and Boobie Gibson. He went for less money, which means he cares more about winning than he does the money, an attribute I wish more athletes had.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone can hate some one for anything...I guess for me, I dont really hate him, just dont want him to win...

Proclaimed himself the king...**Even if not true, he could stop it**

That stupid pre game powder crap

Said he would win, 7?? or 8 titles with the Heat?

He didnt have to do the decision....Sure he donated that money, but he could have done that w/o an hour long love fest..Correct?

Telling Cleveland I am not leaving till I get a title for you, then goes to Miami

Basically just his ego

Kobe never stood trial, girl dropped charges..So that really comes down to...do you believe him or her?

Plax, that was him just being stupid....And he served his time..Not sure how that is really relevant to King?

Vick did his time, and even tho it is disgusting, the law said he paid his dues..Although I think he shouldnt been allowed to play anymore..If I ever attend a game he is in, I will boo him.

Lets see if this makes sense...

Do you hate T.O? he never did anything real horrible but people still hate him..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
do you hate other players that do the "powder crap"?

I think that whole pre game stuff they did was stupid..The picture taking poses too..So I guess it was more the pregame stuff, and not just the powder

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
See any of my reasons on that espn thing? Not really..I could care less on how he actually plays..My hate isnt his actual playing..

Ivo, your telling me you never had hate for someone even tho they never really did anything horrible? ;)

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Easy

He is the self proclaimed King.

He is not clutch.

He is mentally soft.

He has no killer instinct.

He is overrated.

Show me titles. Show me big game winning shots in the playoffs. Show me you are not a frontrunner and just perform well when things are going your way.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easy

He is the self proclaimed King.

He is not clutch.

He is mentally soft.

He has no killer instinct.

He is overrated.

Show me titles. Show me big game winning shots in the playoffs. Show me you are not a frontrunner and just perform well when things are going your way.

He has won 3 MVPs and should have a 4th. Clearly he is not overrated. The king thing was a marketing campaign but he does share some of the blame for that. Not that I have a problem with it. The clutch argument has serious flaws as the numbers say otherwise.

I don't think you get any more clutch than that pistons game years back. He is 27, the titles will come.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Chosen one? Why? Little bit of an ego?

Ivo I thought you didnt like egomaniac?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

High school had a crown already..That was marketing??

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
He has won 3 MVPs and should have a 4th. Clearly he is not overrated. The king thing was a marketing campaign but he does share some of the blame for that. Not that I have a problem with it. The clutch argument has serious flaws as the numbers say otherwise.

I don't think you get any more clutch than that pistons game years back. He is 27, the titles will come.

TBH I think Lebron is almost regressing in the clutch area over the years if this makes sense. He had times with the Cavs he had it more. I have seen Cavs fans talk about this.

Maybe too much happened in his head, either with himself or outside noise.

But, I feel like he lost "something". Hard to put your finger on it. I guess we will see how he does in game 6 and next season and beyond.

To be fair, with all the *****ing about the refs towards Lebron many stars get it. Durant gets a ton of calls. OKC is Stern's pet small market team now.

I would love to see the big 3 on the Celtics collect one more ring. Those guys are BA. But, I do worry about the refs.

Also Lebron could use a top notch coach. Thats why I felt the Celtics always had a shot in this series. Doc Rivers is one of my favorites.

The titles dont always come though. Not everyone is going to win as many as some of the past greats and a Kobe Bryant. Durant has a shot at it though.

He could end up being the Peyton Manning of the NBA too. He might end up with one ring when all is said and done but multiple MVPs and a choker reputation.

OP
OP
Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TBH I think Lebron is almost regressing in the clutch area over the years if this makes sense. He had times with the Cavs he had it more. I have seen Cavs fans talk about this.

Maybe too much happened in his head, either with himself or outside noise.

But, I feel like he lost "something". Hard to put your finger on it. I guess we will see how he does in game 6 and next season and beyond.

To be fair, with all the *****ing about the refs towards Lebron many stars get it. Durant gets a ton of calls. OKC is Stern's pet small market team now.

I would love to see the big 3 on the Celtics collect one more ring. Those guys are BA. But, I do worry about the refs.

Also Lebron could use a top notch coach. Thats why I felt the Celtics always had a shot in this series. Doc Rivers is one of my favorites.

The titles dont always come though. Not everyone is going to win as many as some of the past greats and a Kobe Bryant. Durant has a shot at it though.

He could end up being the Peyton Manning of the NBA too. He might end up with one ring when all is said and done but multiple MVPs and a choker reputation.
Well Jules, Game 6 and 7 have gone bye. He was very clutch. The Heat go to their 2nd straight NBA Finals. Change your mind yet?

OP
OP
Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think there are so many better reasons to hate a player then what people hate LeBron for. Like the athletes who have done illegal things and who put people in serious danger. LeBron's never done that. Never even come close. Like that article said for being too unselfish? Passing the ball sometimes late and making the right basketball move? What coaches have been teaching me since I was in 2nd grade?
I get it, he's an easy target. But the criticism has GOT to stop somewhere. Come on even ESPN guys like Kurt Rambis are saying it's time to stop. It's been 2 years now. Move on. It's like people were blaming him for everything. LeBron said
"I'm an easy target," James lamented on Wednesday after the Miami Heat's loss to the Orlando Magic. "If someone wants to get a point across, just throw LeBron's name in there. You could be watching cartoons with your kids and you don't like it, you say, 'Blame it on LeBron.'"
"You go to the grocery store and they don't have the milk that you like, you just say, 'It's LeBron's fault.'"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...ings-blamed-on-perkins-twitter_n_1265570.html
and throw in these just for fun...

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Well Jules, Game 6 and 7 have gone bye. He was very clutch. The Heat go to their 2nd straight NBA Finals. Change your mind yet?

Hell no. The Heat led the league in the regular season in FTs. I will never change my mind on many of the league superstars. The NBA is as rigged as it gets. The C's should have won the series in 5.
47 FTs in game 2 for the Heat in the OT loss they smacked Rondo around in too.

Game 7....I think Lebron shot as many FTs if not more then the ENTIRE C's team. I think the C's had one FT in the entire 4th quarter. I would have to look up game 7 stats though to confirm them.

They got what they wanted. Lebron vs. Durant. It's a league wet dream.

It's a shame. Growing up in Indiana I always LOVED basketball. I still love basketball. But, I know as good as the Pacers are they won't be getting to an NBA finals anytime soon without a legit super star player.

So Lebron is back in the finals again. Big freaking deal. He is 2-8 in finals games in his career. I wonder how the league will rig this series? How many FTs they get? But, at the same time Durant and the Thunder get just as many calls at times.

You can bet I will be rooting for OKC though as rigged as this is. At the very least I don't sense an ego from Durant and I can like him as a person.

The Miami Hype is exactly what is wrong with the NBA. I would rather see the Patriots or Bears win a SB before I want to see the Heat win.

So I guess I answered your question. :)

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
As you can see many of my issues are not just Lebron related but league related.

You see very nice though and you intentions are good so I will be fair/honest and say yes Lebron was great in game 6. That is the kind of Lebron people love to see so he lives up to expectations. That was probably his best "old Lebron" style game in a long long time.

But, be honest. This is the finals again. He is 2-8 in the finals. If the Heat lose these finals it might be the same old same old. This is a key finals for Lebron and a key one I will be watching too in terms of ref bias. It is tough since Durant is also a league superstar and IMO might be clutcher and also get the calls.

OP
OP
Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell no. The Heat led the league in the regular season in FTs. I will never change my mind on many of the league superstars. The NBA is as rigged as it gets. The C's should have won the series in 5.
47 FTs in game 2 for the Heat in the OT loss they smacked Rondo around in too.

Game 7....I think Lebron shot as many FTs if not more then the ENTIRE C's team. I think the C's had one FT in the entire 4th quarter. I would have to look up game 7 stats though to confirm them.

They got what they wanted. Lebron vs. Durant. It's a league wet dream.

It's a shame. Growing up in Indiana I always LOVED basketball. I still love basketball. But, I know as good as the Pacers are they won't be getting to an NBA finals anytime soon without a legit super star player.

So Lebron is back in the finals again. Big freaking deal. He is 2-8 in finals games in his career. I wonder how the league will rig this series? How many FTs they get? But, at the same time Durant and the Thunder get just as many calls at times.

You can bet I will be rooting for OKC though as rigged as this is. At the very least I don't sense an ego from Durant and I can like him as a person.

The Miami Hype is exactly what is wrong with the NBA. I would rather see the Patriots or Bears win a SB before I want to see the Heat win.

So I guess I answered your question. :)
It seems like your pulling a Skip Bayless and setting yourself up not to lose. If the Heat win and LBJ does good(it's bad officiating and LeBron gets all the calls) If the Thunder win finally somethings going right in the NBA( but Durant still might be getting unfair calls and LBJ isn't clutch enough) I think I get what your saying about the officiating and superstars getting calls but hey it's a double sided coin, that might be what made them superstars in the first place is going out and getting calls to go their way. I honestly don't think it's as rigged as you do. I feel more often then not the better team's gonna win. Pacers might not be the better team for the exact reason you pointed out- lack of a true superstar. But as the Magic can tell you superstars don't mean everything. But yeah I get what your saying. The NBA is a little screwy.But there is no reason to be a full blown conspiracy theorist about it.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are people who dislike him for any or whatever reason. Me personally I can't stand A.I b/c of that stupid speech he made. Practice practice,me practice. I'm better than the other guys etc....

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I don't think I like that many people let alone athletes.

I am hard to please like many women.

Members online

Latest posts