**** Lebeau?

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haven't heard anyone comment on the idea of **** Lebeau as maybe a consultant DC for us? Supposedly the reports out of Arizona are premature. What would you guys think? TT let's Capers go and brings on Lebeau or TT retains capers and brings Lebeau as a consultant to capers. Lebeau at Lambeau! There's a nice ring to that...

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.hogshaven.com/2015/1/11/7527855/the-question-people-are-going-ask-****-lebeau-to-dc Well, LeBeau has a past tie to Green Bay as an assistant coach but way, way past. I don't see it happening.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is 77 years old, his days are gone, I am not saying he does not have the knowledge to coach but how do 77 year old coaches relate to and coach 25 year olds, the answer is they really don't. Coaching is a younger man's job.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bringing him in to work with Capers would be pretty sweet. He can feel free to coach the special teams as well.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is 77 years old, his days are gone, I am not saying he does not have the knowledge to coach but how do 77 year old coaches relate to and coach 25 year olds, the answer is they really don't. Coaching is a younger man's job.
From my experience in another sport young players actually dig having the old guys around (i said around...not in charge). He would be good to bounce ideas back and forth with Dom and to tell Dom his 3 man prevent rush SUCKS and to not do it.

OP
OP
F

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From my experience in another sport young players actually dig having the old guys around (i said around...not in charge). He would be good to bounce ideas back and forth with Dom and to tell Dom his 3 man prevent rush SUCKS and to not do it.
Hahaha a blind man can see that Doms 3 man prevent rush is a disaster waiting to happen.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this feels alot like "Hey I know that name!" and not like "This is the guy that would be best for GB bc of x,y, and z"

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a clear connection with him and Dom. Bringing him in to assist or consult with Dom isn't throwing a big name out there with no thought. The guy is old as hell. He isn't going to be a DC again most likely. This would be a good role for him and the Pack.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
**** LeBeau is nearing deal to reunite with Arians in Arizona

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait a second....the guy who turned this defense around by circumventing a personnel deficiency (ILB) and thereby created the best run defense heading into the playoffs should be fired? You can't spread any more blame around an entire organization for five minutes of ineptitude than has already been done, but now you want to fire the guy who's defense helped get us there? That defense helped get us to the championship game while the offense was only firing on 5 cylinders down the stretch.

Ludicrous

H

HardRightEdge

mm hires and fires his coches

ted has nothing to do with that
I think that's more black-and-white than the likely reality, just as Thompson working the draft in a vacuum with no coaching input as to needs would be unthinkable.

While I'd expect McCarthy would have final say on such decisions, and perhaps exclusive say on some of the coaches below the coordinator level, it's hard to imagine decisions at the coordinator level would not be determined by consensus.

H

HardRightEdge

Hiring **** LeBeau as a consultant would be an acknowledgment that Capers' system is somehow deficient. While I believe that to be the case, bringing in this kind of help is not going to happen.

Bringing in a consultant for special teams to support a buddy who's struggling (which didn't work out so well by the way), is one thing. Bringing in help for a defensive coordinator when the head coach is the de facto OC is another. Capers functions as the defensive guru...either he is or he isn't.

I joked earlier in the season that LeBeau being 77 and Capers 64, we could expect Capers to hold the DC job until at least through the 2027 season. With LeBeau not having his contract renewed (read: fired) in Pittsburgh, I suppose we can put a precise date on Capers' departure. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

Wait a second....the guy who turned this defense around by circumventing a personnel deficiency (ILB) and thereby created the best run defense heading into the playoffs should be fired?
Are you certain that was Capers' idea? Are you certain he was not prodded to do something about the ILB position? The defense was failing on McCarthy's promise that the defense would be improved "in capital letters", while Capers had lauded Hawk as his chief deputy on the field in executing his confusing schemes long after his play justified a spot on the field.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does it matter? I highly doubt we're replacing Capers with anybody, let alone a 77 year old DC. Although he looks to be in better shape than most anyone over 30 in the NFL.

Members online

Latest posts