Leaning on the defense and o-line??

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the event that Rodgers can't go? can we trust this defense not to have a repeat performance of the Lions game? and can we trust that the o-line won't get Flynn killed and he can have time to thow the ball? Look There are games where you know there is going to be a ton of yds given up and points scored...this looks like one. I think that if Lacey can pound away and we can slow the game down we can win...if it's a shoot out? idk, Romo has a disposal of weapons at his service and he's at home. Heres to hoping the defense plays with a chip as well as the o-line!!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well the running game isnt going to win us many games and with Rodgers out we have to hope the defense creates turnovers, its the only way for us to win. Romo plays great and we are screwed.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the event that Rodgers can't go? can we trust this defense not to have a repeat performance of the Lions game? and can we trust that the o-line won't get Flynn killed and he can have time to thow the ball? Look There are games where you know there is going to be a ton of yds given up and points scored...this looks like one. I think that if Lacey can pound away and we can slow the game down we can win...if it's a shoot out? idk, Romo has a disposal of weapons at his service and he's at home. Heres to hoping the defense plays with a chip as well as the o-line!!

Agreed. We need to take a cue from the Chargers game against Denver last night. Manning made it look easy the first two drives, but San Diego kept pounding Matthews at them and controlled the clock. Rivers was impressive as well and is quietly having a monster season. I was also impressed with how the Charger defense completely shut down Denver's offense after the first two drives. Not sure what kind of adjustment they made, but it worked.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. We need to take a cue from the Chargers game against Denver last night. Manning made it look easy the first two drives, but San Diego kept pounding Matthews at them and controlled the clock. Rivers was impressive as well and is quietly having a monster season. I was also impressed with how the Charger defense completely shut down Denver's offense after the first two drives. Not sure what kind of adjustment they made, but it worked.

Theres that word agian! Adjustment; clearly somethig that no one on this staff seems to be able to make nowadays.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

With Lacy nursing a sprained ankle, I'm not sure how realistic that is.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While beating Atlanta was great, it's still not something to get too excited about.
We only won by just one point. Too close for me.
We need to beat a team that can really test us to show that we got what it takes.
Are we going back to the same old crud or will we be able to move on and be motivated and improved after Atlanta?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
If we're leaning on the O-line and the defense, we're in a world of hurt. :) Matter of fact, let's throw special teams in the mix and just agree to stay away from sharp objects during this game. It's going to be one of those games. Neither team is very good consistently and truthfully, I think it's going to come down to whose QB plays the best and/or whose defense f's up the least.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offensive line is as healthy as its been all season, and they need to play like the unit that suddenly woke up at the end of the Championship season a few years ago. They were looking very good during the 4 wins before Rogers got hurt, and they've returned to their below average efforts since. Same with the defensive front 7--they've got to stop the Cowboys' run game and put pressure on Romo--who will throw interceptions if he's pressured. I'm looking for a big game from Flynn against the worst pass defense in the league. Packers 34 Cowboys 30.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bakhtiari has regressed a little this season, for some reason. We've all noticed it.

I think DeMarcus Ware will have one of those games against us like Jason Pierre-Paul has in the past, or like Tamba Hali did in 2011 to end our perfect season.
The question I have is can Clay Matthews match him and have his best game of the year? He still has that intensity, but the hand, thumb don't seem to be allowing him to dominate a game like before.
He's also facing a very good, 1st round talent OT in Tyron Smith. How nice it must be to have 1st round talents at OT.
Oh wait, Ted DID draft backtoback 1st round OTs so we should have a great OL.

I expect Dez Bryant will be too physical for our finesse bunch of CBs.

I'll be at the game, and expect to see at least 4 Coywboys touchdowns, maybe more.
I see 38-24 Dallas.
I like Flynn, but he can't match Romo who's healthy and has his RB healthy and all his WRs and TE healthy.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I saw something over the last month or so to give me some confidence but I think this one stays close for a quarter and then devolves into a 40-10 Cowboy win...much like Detroit. The defense has given me zero reason to believe they can stop the likes of Bryant, Witten and Murray. Here is a name for you all. Beasley......kid does the welker routine over the middle and it will be there for him all day long.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
He's also facing a very good, 1st round talent OT in Tyron Smith. How nice it must be to have 1st round talents at OT.
Oh wait, Ted DID draft backtoback 1st round OTs so we should have a great OL.

That was my point about addressing the Oline via the draft. It doesn't matter that TT has chosen almost 30 picks and UDFAs for our Oline, it matters how those almost 30 bodies perform. Also IR = not performing.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is responsible for the putrid first half effort by our boys? The same people who are responsible for the comeback?? I predicted a Packers victory, but it was due more to the ineptitude of the Cowboys than our play. We've got a team that apparently thinks they're good enough to not show up and still win. And they're not. But they are good enough to win the division if they decide to play every play like it means something. MM says it was hard to hold back the tears in the locker room after the game. I hope it was because he was so angry.

Members online

Latest posts