League slaps Ochocinco with $20,000 fine for wearing gold cleats

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Earlier this week, Vikings receiver Bernard Berrian said that he’d been fined $5,000 for wearing yellow cleats during Sunday’s game against the Cardinals.* We pointed out at the time that Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco, a chronic offender of the uniform rules, should be expecting an even bigger fine for wearing gold cleats on Monday night.…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I believe the money from fines go to the NFL charity of some sort. And then OchoCinco matches that donation and donates to his own charity. So thats twenty thousand smackers donated for wearing the wrong shoes. That is more than I took home from my first full time job.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every player who wore pink gloves and pink shoes should get a $40k fine for defamating the masculinity of the league

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Every player who wore pink gloves and pink shoes should get a $40k fine for defamating the masculinity of the league

STRONGLY disagree. Promoting breast cancer awareness and early detection is something that should be applauded, not mocked because it's not "masculine".

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score

Hey they do that for a good cause, now I do not like how they do it for the whole month for a weekend i would be fine with the pink. In case you didn't know its just for breast cancer awareness, and the MLB does have their blue Prostate awareness month get up, but we don't play during that month. I, at least believe its fairer for the league to allow something like Breast cancer awareness support, than some attention ***** who wants to make a fashion statement or a few bucks for himself in endorsements.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Hey they do that for a good cause, now I do not like how they do it for the whole month for a weekend i would be fine with the pink. In case you didn't know its just for breast cancer awareness, and the MLB does have their blue Prostate awareness month get up, but we don't play during that month. I, at least believe its fairer for the league to allow something like Breast cancer awareness support, than some attention ***** who wants to make a fashion statement or a few bucks for himself in endorsements.

MLB does pink bats for Mother's Day to promote breast cancer awareness as well.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

Only if that fine went to the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation or similar. I personally applaud the league and players, all associated with the wave of pink.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. Just read the replies to my post. hahah... it's a joke. I'm pretty new to this forum, so I guess this is a heads up that I'm pretty sarcastic. I guess it didn't come through in the above post.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. Just read the replies to my post. hahah... it's a joke. I'm pretty new to this forum, so I guess this is a heads up that I'm pretty sarcastic. I guess it didn't come through in the above post.

Jokes about breast cancer arent that funny. Maybe you want to try alzheimers next time, only slightly less offensive.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts