Le Shean McCoy trade talks

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'll put absolute zero credence into this until reported by a reputable news source.

Reaction score
I have to wonder what it would be for. McCoy is definite star material, and if we can get him without selling the farm I'm all for it. What would people be willing to think would be a fair deal, either picks/player or combo of both? I'd think that we are unlikely to get him for anything less than a 2nd rounder without also trading a player their way. Maybe they're wanting a QB as well? I know they don't like Tyrod Taylor for whatever reason, so maybe they'd like Hundley, but I figure they're probably more just wanting picks. Some interesting possibilities there, but like PA12, I'm credulous (Till Schefty talks about it, that is)

edit: Just finished reading that the reported offer from us is Adams and a 4th or 5th?! nah, gotta be fake.

Last edited:

Sky King

Reaction score
I kept thinking click-bait as I read the article. It would be so un-TT. Give up an ascending WR for a fading 29 y/o player at a position that has shorter careers? Plus, give up a coveted draft pick and a potential compensatory pick if Adams leaves after this coming season? Not an easy scenario to be believed.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Good water cooler conversation anyway. :coffee:

If there is any truth to it, the author states Adams and a draft pick. Which does have some merit. If the Packers are thinking they aren't going to be able to resign Adams and there is enough talent below him to slide the depth chart up a notch, it makes perfect sense.

Also, if there is any truth to this, gives you an indication of what the Packers are thinking about Ty and the 3 rookie RB's.

I don't see Hundley as trade bait right now. Packers would be losing their only capable backup to AR and that alone would be much more detrimental to a SB run then possibly improving the running game.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not want to trade Hundley and especially not trade Adams for McCoy. I don't think we can run block well enough to let McCoy show what he can do. Great back but no one can run when there are no holes. That has got to be on Campen.

D

Deleted member 6794

If there is any truth to it, the author states Adams and a draft pick. Which does have some merit. If the Packers are thinking they aren't going to be able to resign Adams and there is enough talent below him to slide the depth chart up a notch, it makes perfect sense.

With the Packers predicated on the passing offense I wouldn´t consider trading Adams and a pick for McCoy to be a smart move.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't think we can run block well enough to let McCoy show what he can do. Great back but no one can run when there are no holes. That has got to be on Campen.

There´s no doubt the Packers offensive line has excelled in pass protection over the past few seasons but struggled blocking for the run lately. You bring up an interesting point that might be on Campen although he definitely deserves credit for developing an OL mostly keeping Rodgers upright.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
With the Packers predicated on the passing offense I wouldn´t consider trading Adams and a pick for McCoy to be a smart move.
I agree with you, not on the surface anyway. But what if you are in the Packer organization and already know you probably aren't going to try and resign Adams after this year? Again, I wouldn't favor trading Adams, unless he has a one season shelf life in GB AND they believe Allison or someone else can adequately fill his shoes.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree with you, not on the surface anyway. But what if you are in the Packer organization and already know you probably aren't going to try and resign Adams after this year?

I highly doubt the Packers are currently expecting to lose Adams after the 2017 season in free agency.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I gotta figure the article is either fake or just totally wrong.
If you do a Google search for "LeSean McCoy trade rumors", there is plenty of people writing about it, but most of what is written is saying he won't be traded.

Again, fun water cooler talk, much like Seattle trading away Richard Sherman earlier this year. This thread will hit 3-4 pages soon. :)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think GB tends to tip their hand with what they're going to do too often, but I would be surprised if they've decided that Adams can't be or won't be re-signed. I mean it could happen, but I do believe they really like him. Every indication from the FO and the players leads me to believe he is in their long term plans. I guess that's never stopped me from being wrong before, but I'm not buying this report at all.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If you do a Google search for "LeSean McCoy trade rumors", there is plenty of people writing about it, but most of what is written is saying he won't be traded.

Again, fun water cooler talk, much like Seattle trading away Richard Sherman earlier this year. This thread will hit 3-4 pages soon. :)
Definitely something to help pass the time until week 1. :cool:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If you have a lot of free time and wanna have some fun, construct an article entitled "Aaron Rodgers Being Traded To Browns". Post it on Cleveland and Green Bay fan sites and watch the fireworks. LOL

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't think GB tends to tip their hand with what they're going to do too often, but I would be surprised if they've decided that Adams can't be or won't be re-signed. I mean it could happen, but I do believe they really like him. Every indication from the FO and the players leads me to believe he is in their long term plans. I guess that's never stopped me from being wrong before, but I'm not buying this report at all.

Agreed....on the you being wrong part. LOL ;)

J/K of course, well not.....but couldn't resist. But yeah, there is a lot going on inside TT and MM's heads that we aren't privy too. How many saw the Packers just outright releasing Josh Sitton before the season began? There were signs of discontent, but full on release?

This is another case of the Packer FO probably having a plan in place with one of their top players, if they feel Adams is in their long term plans, then nothing will happen. But if they know he isn't, a move like this shouldn't shock anyone.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I highly doubt the Packers are currently expecting to lose Adams after the 2017 season in free agency.

I don't expect that either, but you never know. TT likes to develop guys and if he sees a cheaper option out of one of his draft picks or UDFA's, then I wouldn't put it past him to let Adams walk next year.....but trading him AND a draft pick? Is that in TT's DNA? ;)

Also, if there were any truth to the trade rumor, I would think as a part of that trade, the Bills would require a restructure or new contract for Adams, they wouldn't want a guy on a one year deal either.

D

Deleted member 6794

TT likes to develop guys and if he sees a cheaper option out of one of his draft picks or UDFA's, then I wouldn't put it past him to let Adams walk next year.....but trading him AND a draft pick? Is that in TT's DNA? ;)

Adams is an ascending player that nearly had a 1,000 receiving yards and finished second in the league in touchdown catches. There´s no reason to believe any other receiver currently on the roster aside of Nelson and Cobb is capable of putting up similar numbers.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be happy with an Adams (& a late rounder) for McCoy. LeSean's contract (& workout bonus) brings his yearly cost approx. $6.5Mil thru the 2019 season.

Jordy is currently 15th highest paid WR (avg. $9.762Mil/yr) and Cobb is 14th (avg. $10Mil/yr.). If TT is confident Jordy & Cobb will be around thru their current contracts there's no way to re-sign Adam's long-term (guessing $10-$12Mil/yr. average). The Packers are the ONLY TEAM to have 2 WR's on the 20 top-paid WR's list... IMHO there's no way TT will make it 3 after this season.

Monty is a great weapon in the backfield but if still struggling in pass protection and ability to be available every game that leaves the offense very one-dimensional. AR NEEDS to have the threat of a running game or teams will be pinning their ears back and relentlessly attacking him.

Jordy, Cobb, Bennett, WR#3 (or 2 if Cobb is #3 - McCaffrey/Allison/Janis/Dupree/Davis) should be more than plenty of downfield weapons for AR... NEED a consistent backfield threat.

Members online

Latest posts