LB De'Vondre Campbell on reserve/COVID-19 list

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You know this will fall on deaf ears right? Just stick to football chatter here, it is why the forum exists.

There seems to be an ongoing appetite for the topic. I keep getting responses. But I assure you that I'll restrict it to the threads related to covid.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Campbell is on a 1 year, 2M contract, but they used void years in the deal to spread his cap it all the way out to 2025 (Packers are heading for a world of hurt in regards to the cap).

I don't know quite what you do with Campbell. He's been awesome! But he's 28 and he's never played remotely this well anywhere else. So are we seeing the exception or the new ******? If they gave him an extension would he turn back into a pumpkin or pay off? It's a legitimate question.

He's never been a slouch, but also never been an All freaking Pro like he is this year. I'm hoping he and Rasul can both be snaggled for a solid but logical amount given they found a home, team and system which they clearly can thrive in. I do think Rasul is more likely than Campbell, as I think Campbell feels he is playing his way into a final swing at some serious change and a three or four year deal maybe (that he wouldn't see the end of but still).

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When someone is questioning the validity of medically documented side effects of Covid by using their own experience as some kind of rationale or proof that side effects are minimal or non-existent, I will call crap for exactly what it is.
Think he was just proving his point that not all people who catch this virus will have lasting side effects as JK seems to imply.

Anyway...sorry to interject, it's between you and Pop, all I was saying was that he was within his RIGHTS to ask about the lasting side effects.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
He's never been a slouch, but also never been an All freaking Pro like he is this year. I'm hoping he and Rasul can both be snaggled for a solid but logical amount given they found a home, team and system which they clearly can thrive in. I do think Rasul is more likely than Campbell, as I think Campbell feels he is playing his way into a final swing at some serious change and a three or four year deal maybe (that he wouldn't see the end of but still).

I think if you look into his history a little bit, you'll find that he had some years when he was pretty poor.

Much of their decision making likely hinges on what happens with Rodgers. If they trade him or he retires, that might impact their decisions.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Campbell is on a 1 year, 2M contract, but they used void years in the deal to spread his cap it all the way out to 2025 (Packers are heading for a world of hurt in regards to the cap).

I don't know quite what you do with Campbell. He's been awesome! But he's 28 and he's never played remotely this well anywhere else. So are we seeing the exception or the new ******? If they gave him an extension would he turn back into a pumpkin or pay off? It's a legitimate question.
Thanks...and I agree on the cap issue coming our way.

Similarly .. him turning back into a pumpkin is EXACTLY my fear - gets an extension and becomes invisible.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, when did pumpkins start becoming invisible. Is that another side effect. Boy is this hard to keep up with.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am lovin' this Campbell kid. Almost as much as #28. Having a pretty impressive season, so, I have to ask...what is his contract status?
Hold on...what is a post like this doing in this thread? :)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got my booster today. My flu shot 3 weeks ago. Tomorrow, I'll get hit by a bus. :roflmao:
Such is life Weeds, such is life. No good deed(s) go unpunished. Or maybe no good Weeds go unpunished. I don't know. Stay safe man.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you mean not true? Majority of the players on the Covid list are vaccinated. Just saying that people are still getting the lab virus regardless.
Yeah good point. The vaccine is meant to keep you from dying. Vaccinated people still get infections, albeit at a much lower rate than the unvaccinated.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah good point. The vaccine is meant to keep you from dying. Vaccinated people still get infections, albeit at a much lower rate than the unvaccinated.
And that is why I say let them play if they do not show any symptoms. What is the point of making them take the vaccine only to have them sit out anyway?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And that is why I say let them play if they do not show any symptoms. What is the point of making them take the vaccine only to have them sit out anyway?
It is a good point. Covid isn't going anywhere. It's analogous to a player playing hurt, right? The counter argument is that they could make other players sick. There doesn't seem to be a good answer. If the NFL plays by the rules of society, a person infected with Covid, even if vaccinated, has to quarantine. I think the time to return is less for the vaccinated, and the hurdles lower. I'm not impartial here. I think everyone who can should get the vaccination, or we'll be doing this Covid dance forever. There are just too many unvaccinated people who will get infected at some point, guaranteed. Rodgers is Exhibit A.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is a good point. Covid isn't going anywhere. It's analogous to a player playing hurt, right? The counter argument is that they could make other players sick. There doesn't seem to be a good answer. If the NFL plays by the rules of society, a person infected with Covid, even if vaccinated, has to quarantine. I think the time to return is less for the vaccinated, and the hurdles lower. I'm not impartial here. I think everyone who can should get the vaccination, or we'll be doing this Covid dance forever. There are just too many unvaccinated people who will get infected at some point, guaranteed. Rodgers is Exhibit A.

Well said. So begs the question is there a light at the end of this tunnel? I'm sure we are all getting Covid fatigue at this point. I'm hoping for a super vaccine that will end all this soon enough.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Covid vaccines are as likely to end covid as flu shots are to end the flu.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Covid vaccines are as likely to end covid as flu shots are to end the flu.
SHUT UP, DANTES!!!!! That is why I said SUPER. just playin', buddy.

I agree. We are already at booster shots. When will it end...more boosters and then yearly shots will be mandated? Which goes back to my point when will the nfl let those who are vaccinated with covid with no symptoms play?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

I agree. We are already at booster shots. When will it end...more boosters and then yearly shots will be mandated? Which goes back to my point when will the nfl let those who are vaccinated with covid with no symptoms play?

They should let all players without symptoms play.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well said. So begs the question is there a light at the end of this tunnel? I'm sure we are all getting Covid fatigue at this point. I'm hoping for a super vaccine that will end all this soon enough.

As long as Covid shots are compared to flu shots, players testing positive for either will not be allowed to play. Now if a player has the regular flu, he'll be sick. A player could have Covid with no symptoms. Problem is, he can pass it on to others, on the team and elsewhere. As long as that's the case, expect Covid to be treated like injuries. You'll play when you're better. In the case of Covid, you'll play when you test negative.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you have Covid but don't have symptoms you still have Covid. That means you could still pass it on to someone else! That is why they don't let them play.
That's exactly right U.P. And until around 80 to 90% of the population is vaccinated and now boosted, Covid will hang around and we'll go through this every year. Football players and other athletes who test positive for the Covid flavor-of-the year will miss time. And the unvaccinated who will continue to contract the most formidable version of the virus, with no protection, will get very sick and likely die. A 62 year old friend died from Covid in August. He didn't get vaccinated because he was afraid the vaccine would kill him or the government was using the shots to put microchips in us. Go figure. Well, he doesn't have to worry about it anymore.

Some commenters will rightly note that 90 plus % of NFL players are vaccinated. They don't just hang out with football players though, so they remain as susceptible to getting the virus as the rest of us. It is true that vaccinated and boosted people and players who still catch the virus experience very mild symptoms. They just can't go to work.

Back to real football for a minute, I haven't heard that Rodgers ever got vaccinated. The Packers have a realistic shot at a SB this year. I hope the virus doesn't pick on #12 again say 3 days before the big game. It's already cost the team one game. Fortunately Rodgers and most athletes are young and strong and are more likely to survive Covid. That doesn't help the rest of the team and the fans if they're sidelined, pending a negative test.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
obesity is a prime risk group for bad covid outcomes. They’re young and strong but a significant percent of linemen are also obese. Smug as Rodgers has been the last 8 months I don’t see him getting smart

Members online

Latest posts