Lay off Favre

Maddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which, in a nutshell, is what has many Packer fans steamed. He could have played this way for us and chose not to. Who knows how many more trophies we could have had in our case? We didn't get his best, we got what he felt like giving us.

Apparently you are the one with cheese for brains if you believe this.

Did you miss all those chapters about retiring, press conferences, crying, unretiring, retiring, unretiring, going through the Jets ******** them over just to ultimately play for arguably our most hated rival? Maybe you missed that part, or you are just leaving it out...

I think all fan bases are butts of jokes from another fan base. That's just how it works. Grow up. It's well documented the Packers have one of the best fan bases in the world.. I suspect jealousy and envy here...

Congratulations. Mission Not Accomplished. The Pack's year probably went above expectations. The Vikings season however did not. Brent returned for one reason which was: To get the Vikings to a Superbowl, and to win. Nothing less. This is also well documented.

Nope.

Honestly some of this doesn't make sense. We love Brent, yet the majority of us were ecstatic when he lost in glorious fashion. But really, it wasn't like that when he played with the Jets. When he joined the vikings however, he was truly hated, deservedly so.

Redneck accent? You mean like.. southern white trash accent? You mean like... Brent Favre accent?

No one cares who you root for. Please, continue rooting for the Queens. That way I know where all the scum has filtered to. The Brent Favre saga has filtered out all of the few Favre lovers, that were posing as Packer fans. Lambeau has sold out every game since 1960, in a town of 100,000 people. Not because of Brent, but because we love our Packers. And no matter what, it will continue to sell out. And that 40+ year waiting list for season tickets shows you that the place will never be empty.

Hit a nerve did I? First---it is Brett not Brent! Let's start there. I don't care how many years you sell out an arena. Packer fans true colors/stupidity come out when things don't go their way. I know--I'm from Wisconsin. I, however, don't walk around with blinders on. Try it some time. You might see the light!

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I think you have your jock strap too tight around your head. Are you kidding? Brett didn't give the Packers his best? You Packer fans will make up any excuse for MM & TT won't you?

Maddy - don't worship men, worship God.

It is embarrassing when adults wear superhero underoos.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maddy,
Don't let it get to you. Many of GB fans are spoiled and it becomes clear when they say things like he didn't give his all. How may of you would show up to work the day after your father died? How many would be able to focus on work and perform while your wife is batteling cancer? how many of you would offer money back to your employer to allow it to hire people that could make it better?

It's easy to forget those things isn't it? Like I said before, many packer fans have become arrogant selfish ****** who were spoiled with wins and enjoyment by the very one they now hate. Some here even were happy that he was injured during the game. How pathetic and yellow.

They will worship the organization like its a deity that can do no wrong. They can fail and be wrong just like Favre is capable of ******** up and making bad choices. They may say that no man is bigger than the team, but will allow TT and Mcburger to suck them in every year fooling them into thinking the team can be a legit contender. They traded results for hope. They will stick by them with loyalty only found in a cult. Notice how any sort of slam againts the pack is not tolerated, they can't handle their guys being picked on.

Instead of asking why Favre acted the way he did, he is made into a villan. He is called selfish because he didn't do what GB fans wanted him to do. Him staying away from Minn and beating them causes them grief and anger. So instead of Favre pursuing his desires, he should give them up so fans here can be happy. Anyone see the hypocrisy?

I'm very ashamed the way some have acted on this board and how history is being revised on a daily basis. I understand there is anger, but it shouldn't be an excuse to have clouded senses.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which, in a nutshell, is what has many Packer fans steamed. He could have played this way for us and chose not to. Who knows how many more trophies we could have had in our case? We didn't get his best, we got what he felt like giving us.
He couldn't control it. It's not like he chose to do it. He NEEDED someone else to control him.

The only reason he did it this year is because he realized this was probably his last.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Maddy,
Don't let it get to you. Many of GB fans are spoiled and it becomes clear when they say things like he didn't give his all. How may of you would show up to work the day after your father died? How many would be able to focus on work and perform while your wife is batteling cancer? how many of you would offer money back to your employer to allow it to hire people that could make it better?

It's easy to forget those things isn't it? Like I said before, many packer fans have become arrogant selfish ****** who were spoiled with wins and enjoyment by the very one they now hate. Some here even were happy that he was injured during the game. How pathetic and yellow.

They will worship the organization like its a deity that can do no wrong. They can fail and be wrong just like Favre is capable of ******** up and making bad choices. They may say that no man is bigger than the team, but will allow TT and Mcburger to suck them in every year fooling them into thinking the team can be a legit contender. They traded results for hope. They will stick by them with loyalty only found in a cult. Notice how any sort of slam againts the pack is not tolerated, they can't handle their guys being picked on.

Instead of asking why Favre acted the way he did, he is made into a villan. He is called selfish because he didn't do what GB fans wanted him to do. Him staying away from Minn and beating them causes them grief and anger. So instead of Favre pursuing his desires, he should give them up so fans here can be happy. Anyone see the hypocrisy?

I'm very ashamed the way some have acted on this board and how history is being revised on a daily basis. I understand there is anger, but it shouldn't be an excuse to have clouded senses.
All you do is complain. It's old. You think we're hypocrites, you think we're idiots, great, why are you talking to us, then?

I hate it when all people do is complain about everybody else on a message board that they could easily leave if it annoys them this much.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All you do is complain. It's old. You think we're hypocrites, you think we're idiots, great, why are you talking to us, then?

I hate it when all people do is complain about everybody else on a message board that they could easily leave if it annoys them this much.

Like was said to me yesterday: Is that the best you got?

But you totaly refuted my post, good job:happy0005:

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Maddy,

You talk about clouded? Boy, you need to look in the mirror. You talk everyday about things you will never understand. Or you do, you just wont admit it in defense of your team and new lover, Brent. I mean look around, you are on a Packers board, not a Brent board, trying to convince us of how Brent is such a good person. Well, no he isn't, and we can root against him and the Queens all we like and I don't see anything wrong with cheering against a traitor. There is no other case of anything like this in sports... anywhere. Frankly I don't think you have the right to call any Packer fan names regarding there thoughts on Brent. That's between us and him, and your opinion.. well no one here gives a **** what a 'half-breed' thinks about us. Why don't you head over and find the rest of you slobbering brainwashed fellow Favre lovers and anticipate the coming off-season antics?

Aren't you the one who doesn't know if they are a Vikings or Packers fan? And you think your opinion is in any way valid? We are still waiting for you to respond to that thread.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Aren't you the one who doesn't know if they are a Vikings or Packers fan? And you think your opinion is in any way valid? We are still waiting for you to respond to that thread.

Pretty sad really. We all have clear minds and know where our loyalties lie and this dude - who admits on a Viqueen board that he is torn and leaning toward jumping on their bandwagon - thinks we give a rat's *** what his opinion is. Dude, you are NOT a Packer fan, nor are you Viking fan - you are a FAVRE fan. Actually more scary than sad. I think it is funny when teen girls have crushes on rock stars or athletes... When it is grown men it is freaky... You in love with Bon Jovi too?

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sad really. We all have clear minds and know where our loyalties lie and this dude - who admits on a Viqueen board that he is torn and leaning toward jumping on their bandwagon - thinks we give a rat's *** what his opinion is. Dude, you are NOT a Packer fan, nor are you Viking fan - you are a FAVRE fan. Actually more scary than sad. I think it is funny when teen girls have crushes on rock stars or athletes... When it is grown men it is freaky... You in love with Bon Jovi too?

The reason that I am torn is because of the hate that has infested this fan base and I'm ashamed of it honestly. And from the comments about sexuality and man crushes its aparent that I''m not the half-breed here. Those are typical responses of people that can't carry an argument or have the IQ to do so. I guess school must be out and little Billy learned some new words from the guys in the next grade. Iv'e done nothing but respond to false statements made about the man and have stated the obviouse. If you can't come back with a logical response other than a homosexual reply, then I'll take it neither of you two have the brain capacity to think beyond what you hear on ESPN.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You talk about clouded? Boy, you need to look in the mirror. You talk everyday about things you will never understand. Or you do, you just wont admit it in defense of your team and new lover, Brent. I mean look around, you are on a Packers board, not a Brent board, trying to convince us of how Brent is such a good person. Well, no he isn't, and we can root against him and the Queens all we like and I don't see anything wrong with cheering against a traitor. There is no other case of anything like this in sports... anywhere. Frankly I don't think you have the right to call any Packer fan names regarding there thoughts on Brent. That's between us and him, and your opinion.. well no one here gives a **** what a 'half-breed' thinks about us. Why don't you head over and find the rest of you slobbering brainwashed fellow Favre lovers and anticipate the coming off-season antics?

If you read what I had to say in the link I provided, then I don't need to respond. I made it clear. And you know what, the response from them was filled with class. No names or anything of the sort. You may learn a thing or two from them.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
The reason that I am torn is because of the hate that has infested this fan base and I'm ashamed of it honestly. And from the comments about sexuality and man crushes its aparent that I''m not the half-breed here. Those are typical responses of people that can't carry an argument or have the IQ to do so. I guess school must be out and little Billy learned some new words from the guys in the next grade. Iv'e done nothing but respond to false statements made about the man and have stated the obviouse. If you can't come back with a logical response other than a homosexual reply, then I'll take it neither of you two have the brain capacity to think beyond what you hear on ESPN.

You really are special Mr. Angry guy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBirf4BWew]YouTube - tammy wynette stand by your man[/ame]

Click on the link and sing along...

It is so freakin' funny... There is a mountain of corroborated and documented evidence of the **** favre pulled, you are an alleged Packer fan, and I am guessing you are not a friend of favre. Yet you have the balls to chastise us and say "Iv'e done nothing but respond to false statements made about the man and have stated the obviouse [sic]." Well bud, you screaming at the top of your lungs that the accusations against favre are not true don't make it so. Unless you were there, you have no idea what was or wasn't said. There is a ton of evidence that he did all or most of what he is accused of, and he has been proven over and over as a liar. You can have your own opinions but you cannot have your own truth...

Now let's all sing together... STAND BY YOUR MAN...

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you read what I had to say in the link I provided, then I don't need to respond. I made it clear. And you know what, the response from them was filled with class. No names or anything of the sort. You may learn a thing or two from them.

To make it clear, by 'half-breed' I mean you hold no allegiance. You are torn between Good (Packers) and Evil (Vikings) which I admit I cannot understand whatsoever. You come here to talk **** about a deeply loyal and die hard fan base as if we did something wrong by cheering against the enemy and their traitor leader. You try to talk down to us on our forums about how nasty we are, as if any other fan base would act different in the same situation.

In fact, you have been going on and on for some time, I really don't know what you are trying to figure out here. Lol. Seriously, what are you TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH HERE? Are you trying to get us to love Favre and feel for him, or should have rooted for the Vikings because our former hero was on that team? Ridiculous. This is the only thing I can come up with. Because we already told you we'd rather not be associated with the Favre fans and the Packers haters. Yet, you're still here...

Why don't you tell us how we should be? In fact, I think the majority of us Packer fans, including me (We'd have to take a poll to find out), are highly inclined to stop the Brent hate, and re-embrace him in a few years once he retires permanently. I am telling you first hand but you don't seem to get it. I HATE HIM FOR PLAYING FOR THE VIKINGS. He did everything he could to go play for our arch-rival and stick it to Ted Thompson and the Packers. Well, I am loyal to my Packers no matter what. Now, you want to call these (me and the majority) fans names? What can you not get into your head about this whole situation? Please this time, stay on point, and tell us what you are searching to find.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I will thank him for his years of service and some great memories but with me he is permanently tarnished. I will never open up my arms for him again unless he sees the errors in his ways and has the stones to apologize to the Packers and Packer fans for his transgressions including but not limited to playing for the Vikings just to stick it to us. I doubt he'll ever be inclined or able to do that and therefore I doubt I'll ever forgive him. Although I admit that the amplitude of my dislike will likely ramp way down after he is gone for good... Right now it is like getting a root canal with no novacaine. After he is retired for good a lot of my anger with him will fade - but again, I will never hold him in high regard again.

It's not like the guy can act like nothing happened and hop right back in with Starr, Nitschke, Hutson, Canadeo, et. al...

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I will thank him for his years of service and some great memories but with me he is permanently tarnished. I will never open up my arms for him again unless he sees the errors in his ways and has the stones to apologize to the Packers and Packer fans for his transgressions including but not limited to playing for the Vikings just to stick it to us. I doubt he'll ever be inclined or able to do that and therefore I doubt I'll ever forgive him. Although I admit that the amplitude of my dislike will likely ramp way down after he is gone for good... Right now it is like getting a root canal with no novacaine. After he is retired for good a lot of my anger with him will fade - but again, I will never hold him in high regard again.

It's not like the guy can act like nothing happened and hop right back in with Starr, Nitschke, Hutson, Canadeo, et. al...

True.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are fans of teams.
And there are fans of players.
And right now I am a fan of the players who are on the team The Green Bay Packers.

Fart left. Therefore I cannot be a fan of his any longer.
And it was his choice and his choice alone to leave.
So **** him and his losing waffle headed wishy washy ways.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Pack fan here too. I'm just a Brett fan more.

You all have short memories. We lost off of a similarly bad play by our quarterback. with him taking a sack and fumble instead of getting rid of it.

The problem is that we lost our class when we wish bad on the hero that drug us to glory. The pack would be dogfood without him.

Who's to say Wolf wouldn't have found a similarly talented QB and used him to take us to the SB during those years. To say Farve was the single reason for GB success is dismissing the work of Wolf and Holmgren in drafting and coaching a quality team. Just saying, we could have gone to a SB without Brett Farve at the helm. Just speculating, but that's all I had to say.

charlotte

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not read this entire thread because it's too long and, frankly, it's rather inane.

Lay off Favre? ummmm...NO.

I am a fan of the Green Bay Packers. Do you see Brett Favre's name in that title?

Thought not.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts