Lawrence Guy (DT, Arizona State)

DCEBB2011

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Arizona State defensive tackle Lawrence Guy has signed with an agent and will skip his senior season to enter the NFL draft. "I feel like I'm ready," Guy said Saturday. "I feel like I'm physical enough and good enough to play at the next level." His decision is a blow for the Sun Devils, who will try next season to reach a bowl game for the first time since the 2007 season. Guy, a three-year starter, had 41 tackles last season, including six for loss. He had 1 1/2 sacks. "After the season was over, I started to think about it," Guy said. "I talked to family, coaches, my academic (coaches), everyone that was close to me. I thought about it for weeks and weeks, but I think this is the best decision for me." He said it's hard to leave his teammates behind, especially given ASU's chances to contend in next season's Pac-12 South Division. "That was the hardest thing," Guy said. "Did I really want to leave the team I've been with the past three years? I came in with so many of them and we've gone through so much pain. It wasn't easy." He still plans to earn his degree. "That was the plan when I got to Arizona State," Guy said. "It's on my goal chart in my room, and I'm not going to cross it off until I get it." - Doug Haller, The Arizona Republic

Guy is 6-5, 300 and runs an estimated 4.90e. It is his speed that would make him wanted by a 3-4 team to play DE. He is a good pass rusher and is our #7 junior DT. Expect him to go somewhere in the 4th round.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Members online