LaVar Arrington CUT by Redskins

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bruce said:
Zero2Cool said:
Bruce said:
He paid $4.4 Million to get out of his contract in Washington. No way he signs for a contract of a -$2.4 million (that is a negative $2.4)

This is nothing more than unrealistic wishful thinking.

Let be clear -- he did not give up that money in future compensation, he paid out of his pocket to be released.

Really? Here is what I read from PFT.com

ARRINGTON TURNED DOWN $6.5 MILLION

A reader has tipped us off to an unusual dynamic regarding the recent release of linebacker LaVar Arrington by the Redskins, which occurred when he agreed to waive $4.4 million in earned but unpaid signing bonus money. We've confirmed the following new information through a league source.

As it turns out, the 'Skins offered to convert the $6.5 million roster bonus owed to Arrington into a guaranteed signing bonus, which would have permitted it to be prorated over four years. The 'Skins also offered to move up all or part of the $4.4 million in deferred payments from his December 2003 signing bonus.

Arrington was poised at one point to accept the deal, but then opted for free agency.

So the maneuver results in a $10.9 million hole from which Arrington will now dig on the open market. And if his agents haven't lined up a deal that will pay him more than $10.9 million plus his $545,000 base salary in 2006, it will prove in hindsight to be a bad move.

Doesn't sound like he paid it out of his pocket.

That $6.5 million was due now -- like Favre's bonus is coming due. They had an agreement to guarentee and defer the $6.5 but to give him $4.4 million NOW -- that is what I mean out of his pocket.

So based on your fine Slueuth work it will take a contract of $11,445,000 for him to break even.

Found another article over at NFL.com that specifically said he paid the Skins $4,000,000.

Sorry for lack of link to support it, I'm trying to find it while not get caught at work :p

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should sign him some say hes a headcase which I hate but I havent heard bad things about him so I dont think he is. So we should sign hm for 2 years 4 millon with a possible estra 2 millon in incentives

Members online

Latest posts