Latest Tyni Mock (3.8)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's monday...so let's roll out another mock. No trades again, despite the strong strong belief a trade or trades will happen.

I'll call this one "The Conundrum at 29"

#29 - Rondale Moore - WR Purdue

This wasn't easy. Zaven Collins was there, Newsome II was there and everyone knows BOTH of those guys are HOT on my radar and appear to be on Gutes' as well. This truly wasn't the scenario I wanted, all three are VERY high on my board....ultimately in this version I go Rondale Moore. This short but ELECTRIC receiver is truly ludacris with the ball in his hands and what he can do. I do worry injury wise, but it appears he is very healthy and I actually think he has added some to his frame lately even via social media postings and such. Gute in the end doesn't want to regret not getting one of his circled WR like he had to deal with in 2020. He bucks the trend of only TALL wide receivers and adds a threat truly unlike ANY other Aaron Rodgers has ever had recently.

#62 - Marlon Tuipulotu - iDL USC

Marlon is an instant starter for some NFL rosters, for us rotational depth, but oh what a possible future he could hold and could be eating snaps up much faster than even we need. Has a shorter framer than some at only 6'2' but over 300 lbs his bull rush push is excellent and run defense is 100% there between his block recognition and his lateral movement ability is something to behold.

#92 - Trill Williams - CB Syracuse

Fully admit, later than I'd like to nab our first CB, but I also believe Gute holds to the mindset of Newsome or Samuel early are the only options until the 3rd for him (barring a big trade up). Trill Williams is a guy we've already had virtual interviews with (confirmed) and has a high ceiling. This cat has experience at slot, out wide and dabbled with safety as well - an excellent versatile piece which hopefully can play opposite Jaire, but worst case I 100% feel if drafted will be playing a serious amount of snaps year 1.

#135 - Walker Little - OT Stanford

I've touched on Walker Little before...if it weren't for injury ending his 2019 season and then covid opt out, I strongly feel he is a Day1/Day2 border type guy and IMO will start in the NFL at some point in his career. I believe he has the build and the qualities to possibly start week 1 at RT for us if that option isn't already on the roster or brought in with FA.

#142 - Jaret Patterson - RB Buffalo

If you don't know Patterson do yourself a favor and grab some of his tape. He has somehow quietly put together one of the best college RB careers in the college game. With three straight seasons over 1,000 rushing ( 3,884 total yards) and chipping in when needed in the passing game (looking fluid doing it too) Patterson is an excellent BIG PLAY waiting to happen. In 2020 he saw his rush attempts cut in half from the previous year and still put up 1,072 yards and 19 touchdowns AVERAGING 7.6 YPC (6.1 for his 3 seasons).

#174 - Quinn Meinerz - iOL Wisconsin-Whitewater

Some say too early, others say just right. The guy many had off their radar or as a priority UDFA went to the Senior Bowl and DOMINATED any prospect put in front of him (often time top 120 type guy). He excelled in reps at center, despite NEVER playing there previously. This man continues to garner attention and his tape is proving to be undeniable. Green Bay surely couldn't find an interior starter to help the shuffle caused by Linsley departure from Wisconsin Whitewater could they? I say there is a chance they could and he is too good to continue the draft without seeing.

#178 - Deommodore Lenoir - CB Oregon

While Graham is the better pure Cornerback from Oregon in the draft Lenoir has slot or 3rd safety package written all over him. The hybrid of the ducks defense, he could despite being drafted so late as a DB find a role early in the Barry defense and wide open DB rooms with King gone and Sully possibly as well.

#215 - Cary Angeline - TE NC State

Clearly even if Lewis gets resigned, the future of Tonyan could get SALTY and Deguara should be healthy and Stern appears lost...adding a potential building block of a TE is a good thing and Angeline is a Day 3 prospect I'm a fan of. 6'7'' frame can add some weight and I think "should" or "has" the potential to be an above average blocker. He has rather decent hands and can find the soft zone spots and cut seam okay as well.

#221 - Anthony Hines III - LB Texas A&M

Talk about a flip of the coin type dude. One minute you'd swear he is a Day 1/2 prospect that can cover the entire field....then you forget he is even out there for an entire game and is relegated to priority UDFA for special teams play. Can he be harnessed? I say let's see.

#250 - Larnel Coleman - OT Massachusetts

Larnel is a guy that got on my radar when I deep dived into smaller schools and Day 3 propsects. A past Power Forward and Center on the basketball court, he shines when it comes to agility from that hardcourt time. Rumored to have met with the Packers, so he is at minimum on the radar and not having nabbed a Tackle in the draft till this spot I'll take a flyer on a guy that is at minimum on their radar.

Condensed list:

Arguably biggest negative aspect of this mock: Many would go to the health risk that Rondale Moore poses with his stature but I'm going to go with the aspect we very well may not have found a single starting slot or outside CB in this draft. Don't get me wrong I like Williams and Lenoir...but one isn't wrong to say Lenoir hasn't proven capable at one precise spot due to the way Oregon implemented him, and Trill just screams a guy that should be better but isn't....yet. That YET is the key word hopefully.

Best value pick: Honestly, I have to go with a tie between the two 4th rounders Little/Patterson. There is a strong likelihood if the draft played out exactly like this that BOTH could see significant snaps on the offensive side of the ball right out the gate.

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With CB being a major need AND Newsome still on the board I don't understand passing on him for an undersized, albeit electric player with the ball in his hands.
What I've learned over the last decade is that no matter how good the GB offense is it's usually the D that ends the season without another Lombardi. :(

I'd go with Newsome in this scenario.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With CB being a major need AND Newsome still on the board I don't understand passing on him for an undersized, albeit electric player with the ball in his hands.
What I've learned over the last decade is that no matter how good the GB offense is it's usually the D that ends the season without another Lombardi. :(

I'd go with Newsome in this scenario.

You'll notice with my mocks, I rarely try to do a personal what I would do, but present mindset of what might occur.

Point to illustrate this is I'm slowly becoming firmly planted in the camp of 3 guys I feel realistically we have a shot at in the first round, which I grade higher than our pick that I do not want to leave the 1st round without one of them (in no particular order); Greg Newsome II, Asante Samuel Jr and Zaven Collins. Those three guys I desperately would love us to add....the reason why in this mock I went Moore is due to the multiple facets but Gute has made it clear last year they tried desperately to grab a WR they liked and wanted it just didn't work, it is clear he tried to make a Will Fuller deal happen this year, even the Tavon Austin signing... and Moore is the leading WR it appears based on rumors and confirmed virtual interviews with the Packers. It isn't necessarily what I would do, but what I feel is an option.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It's monday...so let's roll out another mock. No trades again, despite the strong strong belief a trade or trades will happen.

This wasn't easy. Zaven Collins was there, Newsome II was there and everyone knows BOTH of those guys are HOT on my radar and appear to be on Gutes' as well. This truly wasn't the scenario I wanted, all three are VERY high on my board....ultimately in this version I go Rondale Moore. This short but ELECTRIC receiver is truly ludacris with the ball in his hands and what he can do. I do worry injury wise, but it appears he is very healthy and I actually think he has added some to his frame lately even via social media postings and such. Gute in the end doesn't want to regret not getting one of his circled WR like he had to deal with in 2020. He bucks the trend of only TALL wide receivers and adds a threat truly unlike ANY other Aaron Rodgers has ever had recently.

Marlon is an instant starter for some NFL rosters, for us rotational depth, but oh what a possible future he could hold and could be eating snaps up much faster than even we need. Has a shorter framer than some at only 6'2' but over 300 lbs his bull rush push is excellent and run defense is 100% there between his block recognition and his lateral movement ability is something to behold.

Fully admit, later than I'd like to nab our first CB, but I also believe Gute holds to the mindset of Newsome or Samuel early are the only options until the 3rd for him (barring a big trade up). Trill Williams is a guy we've already had virtual interviews with (confirmed) and has a high ceiling. This cat has experience at slot, out wide and dabbled with safety as well - an excellent versatile piece which hopefully can play opposite Jaire, but worst case I 100% feel if drafted will be playing a serious amount of snaps year 1.

I've touched on Walker Little before...if it weren't for injury ending his 2019 season and then covid opt out, I strongly feel he is a Day1/Day2 border type guy and IMO will start in the NFL at some point in his career. I believe he has the build and the qualities to possibly start week 1 at RT for us if that option isn't already on the roster or brought in with FA.

If you don't know Patterson do yourself a favor and grab some of his tape. He has somehow quietly put together one of the best college RB careers in the college game. With three straight seasons over 1,000 rushing ( 3,884 total yards) and chipping in when needed in the passing game (looking fluid doing it too) Patterson is an excellent BIG PLAY waiting to happen. In 2020 he saw his rush attempts cut in half from the previous year and still put up 1,072 yards and 19 touchdowns AVERAGING 7.6 YPC (6.1 for his 3 seasons).

Some say too early, others say just right. The guy many had off their radar or as a priority UDFA went to the Senior Bowl and DOMINATED any prospect put in front of him (often time top 120 type guy). He excelled in reps at center, despite NEVER playing there previously. This man continues to garner attention and his tape is proving to be undeniable. Green Bay surely couldn't find an interior starter to help the shuffle caused by Linsley departure from Wisconsin Whitewater could they? I say there is a chance they could and he is too good to continue the draft without seeing.

While Graham is the better pure Cornerback from Oregon in the draft Lenoir has slot or 3rd safety package written all over him. The hybrid of the ducks defense, he could despite being drafted so late as a DB find a role early in the Barry defense and wide open DB rooms with King gone and Sully possibly as well.

Clearly even if Lewis gets resigned, the future of Tonyan could get SALTY and Deguara should be healthy and Stern appears lost...adding a potential building block of a TE is a good thing and Angeline is a Day 3 prospect I'm a fan of. 6'7'' frame can add some weight and I think "should" or "has" the potential to be an above average blocker. He has rather decent hands and can find the soft zone spots and cut seam okay as well.

Talk about a flip of the coin type dude. One minute you'd swear he is a Day 1/2 prospect that can cover the entire field....then you forget he is even out there for an entire game and is relegated to priority UDFA for special teams play. Can he be harnessed? I say let's see.

Larnel is a guy that got on my radar when I deep dived into smaller schools and Day 3 propsects. A past Power Forward and Center on the basketball court, he shines when it comes to agility from that hardcourt time. Rumored to have met with the Packers, so he is at minimum on the radar and not having nabbed a Tackle in the draft till this spot I'll take a flyer on a guy that is at minimum on their radar.

Condensed list:

Arguably biggest negative aspect of this mock: Many would go to the health risk that Rondale Moore poses with his stature but I'm going to go with the aspect we very well may not have found a single starting slot or outside CB in this draft. Don't get me wrong I like Williams and Lenoir...but one isn't wrong to say Lenoir hasn't proven capable at one precise spot due to the way Oregon implemented him, and Trill just screams a guy that should be better but isn't....yet. That YET is the key word hopefully.

Best value pick: Honestly, I have to go with a tie between the two 4th rounders Little/Patterson. There is a strong likelihood if the draft played out exactly like this that BOTH could see significant snaps on the offensive side of the ball right out the gate.
I like Moore a lot too but I’m not sure that we’d pick him at 29. No way to know though what the Packer’s board looks like.If we get him at 29, it means the Packers love his intangibles IMO.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really, really, think Meinerz goes higher than that. Day 2 or early 3. He doesn’t get out of the 4th.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really, really, think Meinerz goes higher than that. Day 2 or early 3. He doesn’t get out of the 4th.

He is the hardest prospect I love to peg a spot down. You very easily could be correct! I placed the 5th presently at his lowest spot...which is still crazy to think just a few months ago he wasn't even on the radar of many teams let alone scouts.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is the hardest prospect I love to peg a spot down. You very easily could be correct! I placed the 5th presently at his lowest spot...which is still crazy to think just a few months ago he wasn't even on the radar of many teams let alone scouts.

??

Yes, he was.

I’m a nobody and I’ve been hearing about him for well over a year. I can promise you that NFL teams have known about him for longer.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
??

Yes, he was.

I’m a nobody and I’ve been hearing about him for well over a year. I can promise you that NFL teams have known about him for longer.

A year? Since towards the end of college season maybe, but unless you live in Wisconsin you are 100% the exception not the rule IMO.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A year? Since towards the end of college season maybe, but unless you live in Wisconsin you are 100% the exception not the rule IMO.

He didn’t play this last season, so I can’t imagine that it had anything to do with that. He last played in 2019.

I do not live in Wisconsin. I follow a lot of draft type people on Twitter. More than just the Wisconsinites knew about Meinerz. If you think nfl teams just discovered him months ago...I’m pretty familiar with smaller schools. My alma mater is an FCS school, and they get scouts going to games every single year. Whitewater may be D3, but they’re a very well known and good D3. They have scouts going to games.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know he didn't play, merely saying he didn't start getting a ton of publicity inside networks, analysts and such till around then.

I sense I may be underselling his exposure and you may be overselling. Either way we both like him

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know he didn't play, merely saying he didn't start getting a ton of publicity inside networks, analysts and such till around then.

I sense I may be underselling his exposure and you may be overselling. Either way we both like him

You said months ago he wasn’t on the radar of many NFL teams, FYI. Didn’t mention analysts, networks, etc.

I’m just saying that there are very few unknowns to nfl teams. They might not study them extensively, but even at the lower levels, they know who the star players are. If I heard of Meinerz in 2019, you can be darn sure that NFL teams knew about him.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a 5'9ish guy from the BigTen last year you guys loved....what was his name? Oh yea, KJ Hamler. Same profile, I'll pass. The rest of the league would be wise to do the same until maybe the 3rd Round. Yes I get he had Drew Lock and some other bums throwing to him but still an offense that had Jerry Jeudy, Noah Fant, Tim Patrick, Melvin Gordon, Courtland Sutton, and Phillip Lindsay? It's not like teams really had to, or even afford to, key on him.

As much as I like Tuipulotu, I'm not taking him over guys who could be there in Basham, Wilson, Tufele, and Onwuzurike in the 2nd; especially when those guys will be 3 down players and he probably is better as a subpackage guy. 3rd Round? Maybe.

I honestly am indifferent on Trill Williams, so kudos to addressing CB.

Can live with Little in the 4th.

Too early for Patterson in the 5th, 6th maybe. I get the production, but I don't think he sniffs that at all in the NFL. I'd prefer Chubba or Pookah if I had to have someone this early.

I've got Meinerz pegged hard in the 4th, if he's there that's a win.

Lenoir? What about your boy from NCCU Mills? Pass on all DBs from Oregon please.

I'd steer clear of everyone in this TE Class not named Pitts or Friermuth, but we're deep in the 6th and Angeline does seem like an athlete so go nuts.

At this spot I'd prefer to take Willie Eubanks III.

I'm actually stumped on Coleman, wasn't aware he declared or had visited with the Packers, this seems like a UDFA guy to me. This is a ton of faith in Walker being ready to play major snaps early, which he could be.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Other than being short, there isn’t a lot of crossover between Hamler and Moore as prospects. The former was maybe the most finesse receiver in his class. Moore is a dog.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than being short, there isn’t a lot of crossover between Hamler and Moore as prospects. The former was maybe the most finesse receiver in his class. Moore is a dog.

Atwell is probably more comparable, isn’t he?

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's crazy is that there's only a 10lb difference between Moore and Atwell(listed), but Moore looks like he's juiced(Not saying that he is).

But still, 175 lbs is 175 lbs. Moore NEEDS to be more finesse like Hamler because I can't see him holding up to the physicality of the NFL. As for Atwell, I'd pray for him every time he comes across the middle because he looks FRAIL.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Size structure is why I personally prefer Toney over Moore and prefer Amari over Atwell. Amari Rodgers is a guy I love 2nd/3rd round - built like a running back, runs like a wide out and has excellent head skills in route running.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I would love this mock if the Packers locked up a veteran CB (Richard Sherman type, but likely a cheaper option). Outside of Meinerz, I do not project any of these guys to be week 1 ready. A great grouping of developmental talent with one of my favorite RBs in the draft. Rondale Moore could provide an immediate punt return upgrade, but please do not overlook the complexity of the Packers offense from a WR and RB perspective. Granted a COVID offseason was not helpful in the case of AJ Dillion, but it did take Packers veterans WR an entire year to fully grasp the Packers playbook. To think a rookie WR will come into the organization and be the WR3 over Lazard and MVS is very wishful thinking. Could it happen? Hell, I hope so that would be incredible. But it’s more likely a rookie WR would see maybe 5-7 snaps a game on offense the first half of the season before they break into their shell. Maybe by weeks 8-16 they see 7-12 assuming the roster is not plagued by injury. Most of those snaps would likely be the Tyler Ervin role.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trill contributes out the gate IMO, perhaps not as an outside CB - but he immediately walks into the CB room as the clear #3 IMO.

Moore also sees more than 5-7 snaps - dude is a weapon unlike anything we've ever had and very few players in the NFL are as well. I've expressed I don't prefer him in the 1st - but Green Bay is making it very clear they are very intrigued and looking his way more than most.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
There was a 5'9ish guy from the BigTen last year you guys loved....what was his name? Oh yea, KJ Hamler. Same profile, I'll pass. The rest of the league would be wise to do the same until maybe the 3rd Round. Yes I get he had Drew Lock and some other bums throwing to him but still an offense that had Jerry Jeudy, Noah Fant, Tim Patrick, Melvin Gordon, Courtland Sutton, and Phillip Lindsay? It's not like teams really had to, or even afford to, key on him.

As much as I like Tuipulotu, I'm not taking him over guys who could be there in Basham, Wilson, Tufele, and Onwuzurike in the 2nd; especially when those guys will be 3 down players and he probably is better as a subpackage guy. 3rd Round? Maybe.

I honestly am indifferent on Trill Williams, so kudos to addressing CB.

Can live with Little in the 4th.

Too early for Patterson in the 5th, 6th maybe. I get the production, but I don't think he sniffs that at all in the NFL. I'd prefer Chubba or Pookah if I had to have someone this early.

I've got Meinerz pegged hard in the 4th, if he's there that's a win.

Lenoir? What about your boy from Mills? Pass on all DBs from Oregon please.

I'd steer clear of everyone in this TE Class not named Pitts or Friermuth, but we're deep in the 6th and Angeline does seem like an athlete so go nuts.

At this spot I'd prefer to take Willie Eubanks the III.

I'm actually stumped on Coleman, wasn't aware he declared or had visited with the Packers, this seems like a UDFA guy to me. This is a ton of faith in Walker being ready to play major snaps early, which he could be.
Meinerz in the 4th mauled some of those 2nd round d-linemen at Senior Bowl practices. I wouldn’t be against the Packers choosing a d-lineman later in the draft.

Reaction score

Great idea there. I agree with the placement of another RB in the mid-draft area.

After looking at Patterson, I also couldn’t help but be reminded of Trey Sermons in that similar relative arena. When watching his film he runs very similar to a young Aaron Jones. (He’s very N and S and his forward leaning style and noticeable vision)
Also Sermons would be a bit more polished in the passing game than Patterson, who was pretty limited in that respect in Buffalo. I mention that because I’d like to see us give Rodgers another dual threat RB due to Dillon likely needing more time to develop his receiving skills.
Sermon has excellent hands, you could see that in several slightly off-target throws he made the catch and made it look easy. He’s also in that projected area where packaging a late day pick would allow us to move up earlier day 3 to snatch him. We could also combine that with an affordable veteran FA who would provide some needed security (James Connor or resign Williams etc) and depth in a currently bare cupboard RB room. I’m not sure Williams won’t ask himself $ out of GB also though.

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is kind of draft gute needs to have. I'd say you selected 5 rookie starters:

Wr Moore: should start in slot with adams and either mvs/Lazard outside
DL Tuipolotu: no reason he shouldn't start alongside kenny clark
CB Williams: seems to be ready made kevin King replacement
OT Little: I agree if not for injury/opt he's gone much higher and still might be. Starter at RT day one
IOL Meinerz: starter at center or guard, with Runyon and Jenkins

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meinerz in the 4th mauled some of those 2nd round d-linemen at Senior Bowl practices. I wouldn’t be against the Packers choosing a d-lineman later in the draft.

Not that it means a ton, but Dane Brugler thinks Meinerz goes in the top 60.

Which would be pretty crazy.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moore is an amazing wide receiver and wide receivers that dominated like he did as a true freshman tend to do very well in the NFL. If the guy was an inch taller nobody would have any issue talking about him as a guaranteed first round pick. I would have no problem with the Packers taking him, if they were certain they could grab a good corner in the next round. Packers offense was dominant last year but good defenses were able to stall them out for long periods by focusing coverage on Adams. While I would prefer a corner in the first round and free agent WR, I wouldn't be heartbroken if they went with Moore in round 1.

Tuipulotu looks like he's going to be a good run-blocker but hasn't shown much upside as a pass rusher and I'm not sure I want the Packers spending a second round pick on a guy like that. Yes, I think he'd help the team but run-stuffing DTs are pretty cheap in free agency and I'd rather the Packers take a shot on a guy with more upside like Marvin Wilson. Sure, Wilson was a disappointment in 2020 but that was after he lost 15-20 pounds; in 2019 he was an amazing prospect. I'd rather draft the potential of 2019 Marvin Wilson than a run-stuffer when I can sign a free-agent run-stuffer for pretty cheap.

For Trill, a lot is going to come down to how much stock the Packers put into his 2018 tape because he hasn't looked very good in the slot the last couple of years while he looked pretty good outside in 2018. I'd be fine with him in the 4th but in the 3rd I'd prefer Benjamin St-Juste if the Packers let him press (guy is huge with an 80" wingspan, covers deep balls well, and actually breaks down on short routes pretty well) or Tre Brown (reminds me a little of Antoine Winfield). Obviously much of this is going to come down to testing numbers though.

ct7412

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Conundrum is a great word, because I’m vacillating between a CB and a LT at #29. I’m pretty convinced Gute will take CB Greg Newsome II at #29. Newsome II would be a solid, rational pick.

I would pick OT Liam Eichenberg from Notre Dame at #29. We need a left tackle until Bakhtiari can return. (My guess on his return is week 12 at the earliest, barring setbacks. It takes about a year to recover from a torn ACL and his injury occurred Dec. 31) Eichenberg should be available at #29 and he has a lot of college experience at LT against quality opposition. Billy Turner is not the answer and I am paranoid about keeping Rodgers upright.

My pick for slot WR/PR is Elijah Moore from Ole Miss in the third round. Yes, I will have to spend some draft capitol to trade up in the round to get him, but I now have three more picks with which to work.

Condensed list:

Marpet went 61.

Condensed list:

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts