Latest Mock Draft

TNPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatcha think? If Hawk and Ferguson are still there at #5, who do you take. I can see the merits of both of them. However, I'm a BIG believer in that games are won and lost at the line. I would have to go with Ferguson, but Hawk fills a need and will be an impact player from day one. Tough decision.

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
WE DON'T NEED AN OT!

YES WE DO...OR AT LEAST WE CAN MOVE TAUSCHER TO GUARD THEN PLAY FERGUSON. FAVRE REALLY NEEDS MORE PROTECTION.

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think the saints would get mario. They have will smith and charles grant who are both young and productive

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yah, I have to admit, the Saints need to worry about that OL before they start stockpilling DE, granted in the past that's exactly what they used to do....strange thing is they always seem to have good de, then when they lose one his replacement is always just as good...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are in absolutely no need of a tackle....unless we are planning to trade one away. Both Tauscher and Clifton (in spite of his bad year) are an excellent pair of bookends.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dannychau22 said:
I dont think the saints would get mario. They have will smith and charles grant who are both young and productive

The worry for getting Williams isn't that the Saints will pick him, it's that the Saints trade down and another team picks him. Mario is very high on many draft boards and the Saints could get a lot out of trading down.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gado35 said:
rabidgopher04 said:
WE DON'T NEED AN OT!

YES WE DO...OR AT LEAST WE CAN MOVE TAUSCHER TO GUARD THEN PLAY FERGUSON. FAVRE REALLY NEEDS MORE PROTECTION.

Here is a situation of "YES" we do, "NO" we don't. So which is it? Obviously you can't have both all at once so what is the greatest need? Either Williams or Hawk will fill one of the most pressing needs, Williams being my first pick over Hawk, or anyone on the OL. We may not get Williams, so Hawk or Huff might be considered, or maybe TT will forget about "playing chess" and go for more picks if Williams slides early. Either way it will be interesting to see how this whole thing plays out, and whether TT holds his aficionado for more is better.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
dannychau22 said:

The worry for getting Williams isn't that the Saints will pick him, it's that the Saints trade down and another team picks him. Mario is very high on many draft boards and the Saints could get a lot out of trading down.

Bobby, that's exactly the point. A shifting of need may very well spell a shifting for more picks, and the Saints are in great position for such a shift, especially with a team further down the board desperately wanting Mario.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
dannychau22 said:

The Jets/Abraham situation will also weigh large on this

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TNPackerFan said:
Hey Zero check this mock draft out!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7149535/

I was quite surprised to say the least.
Can't see it playing out this way! :roll: Too many changes coming in FA before this scenario could be played out. GB has substantial in house talent for its "O" line. GB may be switching a few linemen around, but believe their system will be somewhat different then Sherman's was.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't pay much attention to foxes mocks or any media mocks for that matter. After the first 5 picks there lucky to get 5 more right on.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody who thinks Thompson will pick Ferguson knows nothing about the Green Bay Packers. They already have a good left tackle who is locked up with a lucrative multi-year contract. To draft Ferguson would throw the entire salary cap into disarray. And this assumption that Favre would be more likely to stay if Ferguson is drafted is a complete laugher. Who would Favre rather have protecting his blind side? A rookie or a veteran who has protected him very well for the past six years?

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ferguson is the best OT prospect in several years. You don't get the chance to draft guys like that very often. He can always move Tauscher to guard. If TT feels Ferguson is the best player on the board, I think he will take him or try to trade down.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, moving Tauscher to guard doesn't help. That's because Ferguson is a LEFT tackle only because of his build and the way he plays. Chad Clifton is also a left tackle only. It would be insane to have two highly-paid left tackles on the roster, because they can never be on the field at the same time.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Anybody who thinks Thompson will pick Ferguson knows nothing about the Green Bay Packers. They already have a good left tackle who is locked up with a lucrative multi-year contract. To draft Ferguson would throw the entire salary cap into disarray. And this assumption that Favre would be more likely to stay if Ferguson is drafted is a complete laugher. Who would Favre rather have protecting his blind side? A rookie or a veteran who has protected him very well for the past six years?

I can't agree with this more... This makes me think... does TT know anything about the Green Bay Packers?

Reaction score
Obi1, TT has always said he will choose the best player available. If he feels it is Ferguson, then he will choose him. Of course it would make no sense, but that is assuming Ferguson is rated that highly by the Packers. Nothing I have read so far states this, so I don't think we have to worry (well not for the time being anyways).

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read on another forum that while in colege, Mario would disregard coaches who were trying to keep him motivated, or to correct something, by basically telling them to f*** off. If this is true, I wouldn't draft him. As good as he is purported to be, he'll HAVE TO improve to be a difference maker in the super fast NFL. Many a player has learned this the hard way. I recall Terrell Buckley. THe #5 pick is way too important for us to risk it more than neccessary.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
route25 said:
Ferguson is the best OT prospect in several years. You don't get the chance to draft guys like that very often. He can always move Tauscher to guard. If TT feels Ferguson is the best player on the board, I think he will take him or try to trade down.

TT isn't known to draft O-linemen in the first round, and I happen to agree with him, especially after Tony "the non-tiger" Manderarich came into GB on a whirlwind and left as a slight breeze. Good lineman have been found in later rounds, 5th, 6th, and even the 7th. John Michaels is another example of a high draft waste. Rivera, Timmerman and others is what TT is looking for in later rounds. This mentality of everything all at once up front for an offensive lineman is about as silly as begging T Owens to come to GB and wasting cap money on a mental failure that is as bad as a tooth ache, and a hemorrhoidal pain in the ***.

lonewolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course, TT's "best player available" algobrithm probably takes into account the actual team needs factor. Still, it's tough to pass on a "can't miss" guy, unlike a Mario.

However, if Hawk is there at #5, he'd be a better choice, I think. Even though #5 may be a bit high for a LB. Even Urlacher or Lewis weren't drafter that high, if I remember correctly.

Members online

Latest posts