Last Words : Bears Game

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I know, we've talked about the game too much blah blah, but i have to say this. Isn't it nice after a loss having the feeling that we were the better team and that we should have one. You know, instead of having the mentality of 'well they are simply a better team an we just need to improve'.

I truly think the Packers can beat the Bears if each were to play at their top levels. Sounds bold, but from watching the game again, it just seems like the Packers tripped themselves and the Bears were in the right place at the right time to knock us down.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's also good that there was very little sense of panic on this board after this loss. I haven't heard anyone saying the Bears are the better team or the Packers aren't going to win the division. There have been no calls for the GM's or coach's head. One guy said that McCarthy should give up his playcalling duties, but nobody agreed with him.

The Pack blew a golden opportunity, but I expect them to rebound, and so do most fans, I think.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed Greg. This game isn't the end of the world. Remember 2004 when we beat the Vikings both times during the regular season but lost in the playoffs? Just because we lost once to the Bears doesn't mean we won't win against them at all. I fully expect to win when we play them again.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't it nice after a loss having the feeling that we were the better team and that we should have one. You know, instead of having the mentality of 'well they are simply a better team an we just need to improve'.

Exactly, it just hurts more cuz we hate the care bears and want to send them to their grave. But oh well, better to give them false hope so they can be doubly dissapointed on DEC 23rd when we end their playoff hopes. Happy times!!! :)

packfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm on the complete opposite side of the spectrum on this one... I'd much rather get killed by 35 than get beat by 7. A loss is a loss. Saying you were the better team but lost, doesn't mean jack in the end. It's still a loss.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm on the complete opposite side of the spectrum on this one... I'd much rather get killed by 35 than get beat by 7. A loss is a loss. Saying you were the better team but lost, doesn't mean jack in the end. It's still a loss.

I think we all agree that a loss is a loss. We all feel ****** about that game. I think what most are focusing on is how we feel about the team in general

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simply put we cant win with 5 turnovers no team can really. It was a fluke that dallas pulled off a win with 5 ints but then again it was buffalo

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just thought I'd add something I found in the local paper this morning:

Notes:mad: The league told McCarthy this week that DT Corey Williams was properly aligned on a field goal attempt against the Bears. Williams was penalized for an illegal formation, and the penalty gave Chicago a first down. The Bears scored a touchdown two plays later. "We'll continue to use the formation," McCarthy said.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just thought I'd add something I found in the local paper this morning:

Notes:mad: The league told McCarthy this week that DT Corey Williams was properly aligned on a field goal attempt against the Bears. Williams was penalized for an illegal formation, and the penalty gave Chicago a first down. The Bears scored a touchdown two plays later. "We'll continue to use the formation," McCarthy said.

ugh. so many bull **** calls in that game. 12 men on the field(overturned even though they clearly showed it on TV, even giving it numbers to prove), lining up over the center...(never ever called), mythical offensive pass interference... we played terrible for sure... but the refs sure didnt help at all.

Members online

Latest posts