1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Last Words : Bears Game

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I know, we've talked about the game too much blah blah, but i have to say this. Isn't it nice after a loss having the feeling that we were the better team and that we should have one. You know, instead of having the mentality of 'well they are simply a better team an we just need to improve'.

I truly think the Packers can beat the Bears if each were to play at their top levels. Sounds bold, but from watching the game again, it just seems like the Packers tripped themselves and the Bears were in the right place at the right time to knock us down.

2. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i am over it now, but 5-0 would have been nice.

3. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree - the better team on the field lost the game but didn't get beaten.

4. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's also good that there was very little sense of panic on this board after this loss. I haven't heard anyone saying the Bears are the better team or the Packers aren't going to win the division. There have been no calls for the GM's or coach's head. One guy said that McCarthy should give up his playcalling duties, but nobody agreed with him.

The Pack blew a golden opportunity, but I expect them to rebound, and so do most fans, I think.

5. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    Agreed Greg. This game isn't the end of the world. Remember 2004 when we beat the Vikings both times during the regular season but lost in the playoffs? Just because we lost once to the Bears doesn't mean we won't win against them at all. I fully expect to win when we play them again.

6. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly, it just hurts more cuz we hate the care bears and want to send them to their grave. But oh well, better to give them false hope so they can be doubly dissapointed on DEC 23rd when we end their playoff hopes. Happy times!!! :)

7. packfan43084

packfan43084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm on the complete opposite side of the spectrum on this one... I'd much rather get killed by 35 than get beat by 7. A loss is a loss. Saying you were the better team but lost, doesn't mean jack in the end. It's still a loss.

8. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    untill the bears get a solid qb, they can be beat

9. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I think we all agree that a loss is a loss. We all feel ****** about that game. I think what most are focusing on is how we feel about the team in general

10. vechenzo

vechenzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    we woulda won if wrecks was in =P

11. steveGB

steveGB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Simply put we cant win with 5 turnovers no team can really. It was a fluke that dallas pulled off a win with 5 ints but then again it was buffalo

12. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Even though he has won in Lambeau the last 3 times he started there.

13. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    don't screw this up by presenting us with facts

14. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    my bad.

15. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Just thought I'd add something I found in the local paper this morning:

Notes:mad: The league told McCarthy this week that DT Corey Williams was properly aligned on a field goal attempt against the Bears. Williams was penalized for an illegal formation, and the penalty gave Chicago a first down. The Bears scored a touchdown two plays later. "We'll continue to use the formation," McCarthy said.

16. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

ugh. so many bull **** calls in that game. 12 men on the field(overturned even though they clearly showed it on TV, even giving it numbers to prove), lining up over the center...(never ever called), mythical offensive pass interference... we played terrible for sure... but the refs sure didnt help at all.

17. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Since I can't stand it when other teams say they should of won I'll pull out a cliche here "We are what our record says we are"