Last three games nfc north

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The league does it to make it interesting down to the last game. Since they started doing it, the last playoff spots are not set until the last week. It's to keep people interest up. Imagine how many people would tune out if the final two games meant nothing? That used to happen on a regular basis. Now, we will know most of the teams by the last week, but it's possible the final seeding won't happen until the final week.
Fewer teams tank the last few weeks also. All good teams' games have meaning. Bad teams playing division leader? let's ruin it for them.

D

Deleted member 6794

It’s not ridiculous to say they’ll finish with 11. Bears and Vikings could both beat them. Lions shouldn’t have a chance. But the Bears D will hold this lethargic offense in check. And the Vikings are simply a better team at this point.

You said that the Packers would be lucky to win 11 games, that's what I considered ridiculous.

While the Packers could lose to the Vikings or Bears I wonder why Minnesota, if they truly are a better team, is currently a game behind them while playing more or less the same schedule.

See now, I love the division games at the end. Right now the Packers and Vikings can go from the 6th to the first seed depending on the next three games. Of course, it depends on what happens to other teams, but the final spots won't be set until the last game is done.

The Vikings chances of getting the #1 seed are virtually nonexistent though.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Not sure why they slot it like that. Last game maybe but 2 or 3? Wonder if the teams recommended that to the league?

I happen to glance over at a 2012 schedule that is still "magnetized" to the side of a filing cabinet. In that season, 4 out of our last 5 games were against Division Opponents.

The Month Of December: Vikings>>Lions>>@ Bears>>Titans>>@Vikings

Fortunately, we won 4 of 5, with the only loss being @ Minny. But we beat them the following week in the first round of the Playoffs. :)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They started putting division games heavy late in the season a while ago now. Too many teams and fans were shutting it down those last 2 weeks because of meaningless games heading into the playoffs.

That can still happen, but for the most part, it's been keeping games relevant until the end as they pertain to how a division will end up. and we can see this year, it's important. Could be a division title and playoff spot, or drop one or 2 divisional games and miss it entirely. Or NFCE, win and in, take 2nd, stay home. Divisions and placing isn't usually decided until it's over, keeps everyone watching and playing for something.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was about the kind of season I expected before it started. A younger, inconsistent team that is a few quality players short and some meshing of the new coach and offense away from being a real threat.

What I didn't expect was to be 10-3 at this point, nor did I expect to have a season with so few injuries. Maybe the injury factor is a big part of the reason that the Packers have 10 wins. A few more injuries or bad breaks and we might be looking at a 6-7 team.

However and whenever this season ends, even at 13-3 or 10-6, I will have considered it an entertaining season, one with a lot more wins than I expected and with the outlook that this team may be trending back up faster than I thought they might, after a few years of trending down.
Honestly I started factoring in the injuries as part of the equation... oline rotations and dline decimated by week 5...
The way this season went down, isn't random though .The reason our free agents were picked ,wasn't because of their draft pick they were or the stardom they inherrited from playing big time ball at big time schools.... These guys were tempered by the fire ,and came out of their rookie contracts with #1 good injury histories. And #2 on the verge of breakout... Which I thought was unnecessarily ballsy... Paying them like stars before they became stars.... Ballsy.
But holy crap, if it hasn't paid off with double digits wins....

They were picked because they stayed healthy. And they stayed healthy. That's a win. Big one . Huge win for greenbay brass.

But yeah . Like I said since we passed on Dexter Lawrence ... If Clark goes down. The whole defense will lose it's potency..

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I HATE that the NFL slides all the Divisionals to the end.
they do this to keep teams interested as much as possible, for as long as possible, and not sitting their star players in games that don't matter because they've clinched. i don't have a problem with it. makes it more exciting.

Members online

Latest posts