Last post was in 08. Hopefully its a sign for a NYG Win!

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As the topic says the last time I posted was just before our game in the NFCCG. It turned out to be a great game, and a better outcome for the Giants. I am hoping for the same this following Sunday.

Should be a good game. Can go either way. The promising thing is some of our core players who have been through it during our SB run are still here. Also we are finally the healthiest we have been all year (not to mention the IR players).

I was very impressed with your teams run to the SB last year even after all the injuries you had. I am hoping we can follow suit.

It seems like the weather will be good enough for the teams to do as the wish on offense, but the game imho will all come down to which defense decides to show up and play better (have a feeling most would agree with that).

Nearly all the defenses were better this year then the Giants, but based on injuries it seemed to have an obvious impact on the team. The last few weeks the defense has gotten healthier and in turn they have gotten better. Here is hoping our defense can show up and our offense continues to flourish.

Should be a great game, I look forward to it as you all do, and may the best team win. If you want to ask me anything feel free, if not I will prob. just lurk around here and there during the week.

eric

Hater gonna hate
Reaction score
Your from my join time. I used to read allot back in early 08, this place was so much slower back then.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
wow...Nice post, but its been said about 6 times in about 8 different threads..

but thanks for coming back!!

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like the weather will be good enough for the teams to do as the wish on offense, but the game imho will all come down to which defense decides to show up and play better (have a feeling most would agree with that).

Disagree, I think you will find it's going to be if you guys can keep up with our offense,
We know this team is going to give up alot of yards and possibly points.

So you guys have to be prepared for a shootout rather than a defensive game.
Shown by our last meeting I think you guys are definitely capable of going toe to toe when it comes to scoring.

GB still wins at home though :)

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game scares me... with the Giants running attack healthy again, our DB's are going to need to stay up closer to the line to help our godawful rush defense resulting in Cruz/Hicks getting some big plays.

I still think Aaron will be able to get more points and win it for us. Either way, its going to be a hard fought well-deserved game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This game scares me... with the Giants running attack healthy again, our DB's are going to need to stay up closer to the line to help our godawful rush defense resulting in Cruz/Hicks getting some big plays.

I still think Aaron will be able to get more points and win it for us. Either way, its going to be a hard fought well-deserved game.

wow!!!!!!!!!!

Dontcha know all Packer fans are cocky and think Packers have the best team ever..

HOW dare you doubt the team

but nice post as I agree 100%

OP
OP
DragonSoul

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow...Nice post, but its been said about 6 times in about 8 different threads..

but thanks for coming back!!
Trying to keep with the trend for that win in 08 for the NYG (don't think I even came back after the win), but if it happens that we lose I will come back and congratulate you guys, and would probably root for you all the way then, unless Denver makes it lol.

OP
OP
DragonSoul

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disagree, I think you will find it's going to be if you guys can keep up with our offense,
We know this team is going to give up alot of yards and possibly points.

So you guys have to be prepared for a shootout rather than a defensive game.
Shown by our last meeting I think you guys are definitely capable of going toe to toe when it comes to scoring.

GB still wins at home though :)
Well I think we have shown through the last 2-3 years that we can go toe to toe with anyone. Especially now with WRS that can get crazy Yac from making a guy miss, breaking a tackle or both.

Our problem is our receivers happen to be 1st at least last I checked before end of the season with dropped balls. Including about 5 that I can recall that were TDS. Not to mention the TD ballard did not get vs you guys this year :unsure:

But as your point suggests, it can be a high scoring game. So who ever can make a few stops or a turnover or two, that will win the game. It probably doesn't need to be said but I will anyway lol, that we can assume both QBS will play well. So it can be all about that 1 stop or int.

OP
OP
DragonSoul

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well some may not be saying this, or you may not have read it elsewhere but our run game is a bit better, but still not happy with it mainly because of Baas our center.

He is respectable in pass protection, but normally cannot get a good push up the middle for the run. We started to run better/well once he was out, and it was for about 2-3 weeks while he was out of the lineup. When he came in, in two of the games we had trouble running in the half, like against the Jets, and Atlanta, even against the boys if I can recall.

When we ran well, it was going to the outside, either at guards, tackles or even with TEs (who are not the best either as of yet). And occasionally when we do run well in the middle, it is Bradshaw who is able to make a move or two to get the extra yards. When we played the cowboys Jacobs ran better to the outside then to the center.

As you can tell I am not a Baas fan. Who knows maybe he can do ok after gelling with the rest of the guys.

OP
OP
DragonSoul

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow!!!!!!!!!!

Dontcha know all Packer fans are cocky and think Packers have the best team ever..

HOW dare you doubt the team

but nice post as I agree 100%
You get good and bad everywhere, with everything, in every part of life just a fact of life. There is nothing wrong with a little trash talk, if its friendly/respectful/respectable, and of course funny.

OP
OP
DragonSoul

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
welcome back.

Where would you rank Eli in terms of QBs in the league?
Thanks for the WB.
I have supported him since draft day, and I am actually wearing his jersey atm while in class and typing this up lol. So that may something.

But before this year I felt he was very good to near Elite, just below Brady, Peyton and can argue Brees.

This year I have to say he is Elite in the category of Brady, Peyton, Now Rodgers (rightfully so), Eli and Brees.

Some of my reasonings for this real quick (otherwise I can do a whole dissertation based primarily in facts and numbers lol. So i will spare you a bit.)

Most importantly he is Mr. Clutch. When we need him he more then not comes through in the spots. You saw it in SB 42 run. You saw it even this year even in the loss to you guys at the final minute. I will say I was so pissed that the offense didn't take more time off the clock. Since I was worried that Rodgers could go down the field on us with how poorly our defense played all season (Typically Eli and the Coaching staff are great at the 2/4 min offense, but had a huge brain fart, similar to how Reid Mcnabb and vick are lol). Unfortunately I was correct.

Secondly he improved every year to date with nearly all the numbers that matter. Even last year he had all season highs, but the only numbers the ANALysts focused on was his INTS that all of a sudden did not make him good to great anymore. Yet if you delve into the numbers, there were 10 ints that were tipped. Based on info last year he was one of the unluckiest players to get balls tipped that were INTed vs Brady and Vick who were the luckiest, and their tipped balls fell to the ground. We also had issues with drops with our receivers. Seems like its been a 2-3 year epidemic with them for some reason, even though they are great, some times they have the oppsies lol.

He broke this seasons 14 td records in the 4th quarter with 15, with only Unitas and Peyton being at 14.

OP
OP
DragonSoul

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
welcome back.

Since you asked, figured I would bring up these two posts up for you if interested.

A couple posts I made at the GMB before the season started. You can see my predictions as well as the reaction from the fan base. Incase you want to compare one to another lol.

1) My predictions for Elis stats for 2011 before the first game was played. - http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2232095.aspx

2) Elis Elite status will be revisited by years end. http://boards.giants.com/forums/3/2317679/ShowThread.aspx#2317679

NwkEffectElement

Cheesehead
Reaction score
welcome back.

In terms of this season I would put only three QBs in front of Eli. Rodgers, Brees, and maybe Brady. Eli beat
Brady head to head, and the Pats had a much easier schedule. Stafford's numbers were pretty, but who did he really play? In every big game for him this season he folded.

Members online

Latest posts