1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

last night

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by buggybill2003, Aug 10, 2013.

1. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,771
    At least Mastay got enough practice last night !

• Like Like x 1
  2. LeoInShawano

LeoInShawano Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Hello, all. this is my first post here (came over from the defunct espn boards) My biggest worry is that Capers' history is repeating itself. When he goes to a new team, his D is great the first couple of years, then degenerates until he's fired. I felt this last year, & last night didn't change my opinion. I also think the Pack will have their first opening day starting rookie LT since Ken Ruettgers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,058
    I got to watch the game on Telemundo; listen on the radio and suffer the 5-second delay. If you're not aware, Time Warner and Journal Communications (Milwaukee Journal parent) owns both the Green Bay and Milwaukee NBC affiliates and these two can't agree on just how much Time Warner should be paying Journal Communications for their rebroadcast rights. So...both markets were blacked out by Journal Communications and Time Warner - if you're a Time Warner subscriber. Time Warner has a history of pulling this crap during football season ... not just here ... but they're pulling the same crap with CBS is certain markets right now too. Pulled it with Fox a couple years back during the regular season as well.

Eventually, I'll end up paying Time Warner more money regardless of who wins ... so ultimately ... both entities can kiss my pasty white @$$. :)

4. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,058
    Hey Leo. Greetings from Oshkosh.

• Like Like x 2
  5. LeoInShawano

LeoInShawano Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    NBC26 is live streaming all the pre season games. Funny you should mention telemundo, I have Charter, & on NBC26's non HD broadcast last nite they broadcasted the spanish speaking version of the game.

6. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,058
    I noted that 26 was streaming, I just found it darned hard to turn my back on a 55" screen to watch on a 22". It is just a whole lot easier for me to sit and mope and gurgle about Journal and that flippin' Time Warner. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. LeoInShawano

LeoInShawano Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
  8. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +993
    4 tickets to Lambeau: $296
    Parking: $20
    Packers vs Cardinals preseason game: WORTHLESS

BIGGEST RIPOFF IN PROFESSIONAL SPORTS IS NFL INCLUSION OF PRESEASON GAMES IN ALL SEASON TICKET PACKAGES

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,115
    Here's a corollary to your Lombardi quote, courtesy of Lou Holtz:

"Motivation is simple. You get rid of those who are not motivated."